WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default good 2 day hikes

We have hiked most of the AT in Georgia mainly doing 1 or 2 night hikes. We are probably able to handle around 10 miles per day and slowly working up to maybe 15. I was just curious what the next closest section of the trail outside of Georgia would be that has this type of hike available because I have lost my guidebook currently. We need good access to the trail at both ends as we just drive regular cars no off-road although we have been able to handle most of the forest roads in Georgia such as the one heading to Springer.

Images

Do Deep Gap to Rock Gap for a two day hike. Start at Dick's Creek Gap for a 3 day hike
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Do the Standing Indian loop and you only need one car and most of it will be AT mileage.
    Pain is a by-product of a good time.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    Do Deep Gap to Rock Gap for a two day hike. Start at Dick's Creek Gap for a 3 day hike
    Quote Originally Posted by fredmugs View Post
    Do the Standing Indian loop and you only need one car and most of it will be AT mileage.
    My suggestion, Deep Gap to Rock Gap, is the Standing Indian Loop with an option to start at Dick's Creek Gap in GA to add an additional day.
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

++ New Posts ++