Thought I would post my Plan A for travel to & from the trail this trip. Since I managed to get a little time off I thought it best to hike a bit and the New New's are next in line for me.

I have a flight in and out of Philly (Southwest Rewards + $5, why bother with another option here). From the airport take SEPTA up to Market Street and hop over to the bus station. Afternoon Dog to DWG, about a 3 hour tour.

Hike to somwhere around CT line, maybe pop out near Pawling, train into Grand Central Station, maybe 2 hrs max.. The station right near the trail seems only active on Sat and Sun and then only the afternoons so will most likely pass due to timing but open with a change in master plan.....

Hopefully make Central Station by noonish ( sooner if I take the 8:26am out of Pawling or similar), walk to Penn Station and take the New Jersey Transit (NEC Line) to Trenton, about 90 minutes and runs about every hour. SEPTA runs from there into Philly with their R7. Will make the switch to the R1 at 30th street or back at Market Street, whatever works then on back to the end of the line and a flight home.

With Martz, Greyhound, SEPTA, New York Airport Services, New Jersey Transit and MTA plus some other local carriers and shuttlers there are very few gaps in travel coverage in the greater general area. Google and/or go directly to these providers sites for locations/stations, schedules and fares.

I will try to post if Plan A works out or if I go to the yet to be defined Plan B or beyond. It will all be good!

Feel froggy, ponder, and post similar or totally different area travel and travel options. It's Free!!!!

Have a great rest of the day if at all possible!