WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Need Transportation (NYC -> DWG)

I came into NYC a few days ago on some business, but my ride back is unexpectedly unable to get me back to Delaware Water Gap (DWG). What is the best/cheapest way for me to get back to DWG, or is there anyone out there who can help me? My business in NYC will not be complete until 7/13/09.

Please help out a current thru-hiker.

Whup Whup
    "I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." ~John Burroughs

"...follow the day and reach for the sun!" ~ Polyphonic Spree

Take the bus.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

More specifically, the bus to Stroudsburg, PA (maybe it's East Stroudsburg). Martz used to be the operator...they're probably eventually owned by Greyhound so visit their site for more information. The Port Authority in New York is convenient on the 123, NQRW, F, and the ACE trains.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunder View Post
    More specifically, the bus to Stroudsburg, PA (maybe it's East Stroudsburg). Martz used to be the operator...they're probably eventually owned by Greyhound so visit their site for more information. The Port Authority in New York is convenient on the 123, NQRW, F, and the ACE trains.

Thank you. I will probably do that as it's fairly cheap (< $30). Now I just have to figure out where to stay that night as the bus doesn't get to Stroudsburg until 9 pm and the Greyhound website does not give a map-able address for the Stroudsburg bus station.
    "I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." ~John Burroughs

Get to Stroudsburg and take a cab to DWG. You should still be able to stay at the church hostel even if you don't arrive until 10.

It's a short walk into town from the bus station.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

On the 25-year Installment Plan dperry's Avatar
    Images

The odd thing about Stroudsburg is that it has two bus stations, neither of which is actually in Stroudsburg.

The good thing about this for you is that the main Stroudsburg stop (not to be confused with Stroudsburg Park and Ride) is actually in DWG. Here's the map:

http://www.martztrailways.com/termin...s.asp?term=dwg

From there it's not too far of a walk to the church hostel. It's on Main St., to the right as you will be walking, a little before you reach the street where the trail crosses (which is marked with a sign.) Just make sure your ticket is for the main Stroudsburg stop, not Stroudsburg Park and Ride.
    David Perry
    79.1 down, 2,101.9 to go.

Speak to the bus driver as you get on, to make sure he knows where you're getting off. Just don't expect him to be Mr. Personality.

Thank you to everyone who replied. Pretty sure I have a solid plan now. I'll let you know how it goes.

++ New Posts ++