WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default The One Man Senario

I just had a serious epiphany as an older guy looking at the back trails on a HD video site.

Its called the one man scenario. Someone that is all alone who doesn't interact with others and does what others cannot.

SO if you hit the trails in the Grand Canyon without a permit. what would be the repercussions?

Single and alone on a trail - thoughts?

I am just asking, and I am not supporting breaking laws & stuff. so hence it needs to be somewhat on topic. Ok maybe I am what would be the the reprocussions?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

just a fine. no biggie

Journal Entries
    Images

Well LW that was my thought, $50 perhaps?
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images

Keep in mind, .... well Yes I am stirring the pot/.

Woo

You can always say you are day hiking. (i don't think you need a permit for this)

I've done a bunch of hiking in the canyon and also kayaked the length of it a few years ago.
    Rangers were pretty scarce except in the popular spots. (not that i'm recommending breaking any laws of course)

The biggest two problems in the canyon are falls and dehydration. There are so many very steep spots where a fall could easily get you seriously injured. And of course, it's pretty dry except for the bottom.

There are raft trips going thru a few times a day if you do get in trouble, they perhaps could help you and have satellite phones with them.
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

El Sordo
    Images

Not that this has anything to do with hiking alone, but the leading cause of death in the Grand Canyon is drowning.
    Dyslexics Untie!

++ New Posts ++