WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default In Yellowstone have you heard of...??

I am wondering if anyone has hiked or have pictures of coyote creek trail. Its in yellowstone's northeastern part.

ive hiked in grebe lake in northern yellowstone not sure how close that is to your creek but in the late 90's there was a fire there everything was bpretty well burnt in 07 when i went there
    GRAVY

I was in Yellowstone last week. The burned areas (from 1988) are greening up but you will really want a good sun hat there. Expect PM thunderstorms. If you google "coyote creek trail" you can find images. Try the NPS web site for more info.

This may be what you need.
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Bill View Post
    I was in Yellowstone last week. The burned areas (from 1988) are greening up but you will really want a good sun hat there. Expect PM thunderstorms. If you google "coyote creek trail" you can find images. Try the NPS web site for more info.

This may be what you need.
    i saw the map before. I was really excited that i found that. That article is really interesting thanks. I never knew that there was a fire there.

Coyote Creek Trail can be reached by starting at the Hellroaring Trailhead 3.5 miles from Tower Junction on the Mammoth-Tower Road and following the Hellroaring Creek Trail to the vicinity of Hellroaring Patrol cabin, approximately 3 miles from the trailhead.

Was in Glacier & Yellowstone last week (July 4th week)...skeeters were really bad at Hellroaring Creek area...but saw 13 bear (10 blacks and 3 grizzleys) across the park!

Great time as usual, but many of my favorite back roads (Blacktail Plateau Drive) were closed off due to poor road conditions in the park...

This was the first time I had been able to travel up to Mt. Washburn - views were outstanding...and saw a Grizz wandering thru the parking lot...

This trip Rangers seemed to be a bit more on edge with the tourists and the critters...still amazed at the number of folks that will try to get within 10'-20' of a Grizz/cub...

It rained all of the three days we were there and yet the overall temps were very nice.

Drove over to Cook City on the 4th and had a great BBQ lunch provided by the volunteer fire department and local towns folk...

I could get used to living in that place...very habit forming!

Got to go back again some day....

++ New Posts ++