WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Images

What is sort of sad here is the assumption - never challenged - that a man and a woman can be friends without either of them wanting, much less expecting, sex with the other. That's not far off from the equally wrong assumption that "men are the providers" and similar twaddle, or that "women carry less weight" and the rest of the drivel.

I've enjoyed hiking with friends, some of whom were women, and with women, some of whom became friends. I'm not interested - and wasn't - in sex with them, because my wife and I love each other deeply. But she has friends who are men, and I have friends who are women. Big deal.

While sometimes, as PG Wodehouse famously said, "nothing propinks like propinquity," I think it's kind of offensive for people to assume that, sooner or later, every woman and every guy - or even a lot of them - on a trail are going to want sex with someone else that they're not married too. Women hike, and carry loads, and can be as friendly (or not) as men. Those who think differently should go down to the Dollar Store and buy a better quality life than the one they are living now. For a buck.

TW
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by The Scribe View Post
    Sorry, darn embedded links:

Honey you shake and Ill rattle and well roll on down the line
    And see if we cant get in touch with a very close friend of mine
    But let me clue you in, it aint like him
    To argue or pretend--
    Honey let me introduce you to my redneck friend
    I was beginning to wonder if there were any Jackson Browne fans here. Thanks Scribe.
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lemni Skate View Post
    Egads! I wasted my two hundredth post on that?
    What, why you calling me?
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Quote Originally Posted by Lemni Skate View Post
    Egads! I wasted my two hundredth post on that?
    i've wasted over 22,000 posts on stupid ****. this is just a giant theme park. put on your mouse ears and get in line. as patterson would say

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    i've wasted over 22,000 posts on stupid ****. this is just a giant theme park. put on your mouse ears and get in line. as patterson would say
    That is one of the funniest things I have read here in almost 7 years. 7 years! What the hell is wrong with me?
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    how about this:

http://www.everythingweird.com/image...eyboobs_48.jpg

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    Seems like girls would be getting UTI's.
    umm... the female ureter is a completely different compartment dude.
    Dancin' Queen

Images

Thanks Jester for your intellegent input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    I know of at least one platonic coed couple that hiked the entire PCT last year, and I had a female hiking partner for the first 700 or so miles with whom I not only never had sex, but never planned to. And since I think I know what your response to that would be, she's actually pretty hot. I think it's interesting that to you a coed hiking partnership has to be transactional in a practical way that doesn't seem to be the case when men hike together. Do you feel this way about same-sex partnerships? Does your male hiking partner have to be a good cook or do your laundry, and if they don't are they not worth hiking with? Do you not enjoy the company of women if they aren't willing to do your laundry or cook or have sex with you?

Is it possible that there are women out there who might want to have sex with a male hiker not because the male hiker can lift heavy things for them, but because they actually enjoy having sex with that person?

I think it's beyond just possible.
    Dancin' Queen

Images

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
    umm... the female ureter is a completely different compartment dude.
    Well with all the guys and their squeaky clean **** I'm sure you have nothing to worry about then.

Female anatomy lessons now on whiteblaze ? Dang this is a theme park and I want some of them mouse ears like saimyoji has !

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Trailhead

Quote Originally Posted by RAT View Post
    Female anatomy lessons now on whiteblaze ? Dang this is a theme park and I want some of them mouse ears like saimyoji has !
    Different systems but close enough to cause interactions hence the diagnosis "honeymoon cystitis."
    "Keep moving: death is very, very still."
    ---Lily Wagner (nee Hennessy)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RAT View Post
    Female Anatomy where the heck is that trail? I am so happy to be marry for 24 years whoo hoo
    Would you be offended if I told you to
    TAKE A HIKE!
    CowHead

"If at first you don't succeed......Skydiving is not for you" Zen Isms

I once was lost, then I hike the trail

Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    What is sort of sad here is the assumption - never challenged - that a man and a woman can be friends without either of them wanting, much less expecting, sex with the other. . .
    I kind of thought I challenged it. But maybe not.

On the other hand, I have seen an awful lot of hikers cheat on their partners who are at home. These have tended to be boyfriends/girlfriends rather than spouses, but I've noted the very odd "open secret" thing that seems to go on -- all of the hikers know about it, but no one back home does.

Every once in a while someone indiscreetly mentions on trailjournals a trail relationship where at least one of the people is cheating and there's a big hulabaloo.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

What happens on the trail stays on the trail.

Images

why wouldn't you 'want' to have sex w/ an attractive member of the opposite sex??? are you gay? if so, that's fine, and your choice
    " It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid." ~Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pebble Puppy View Post
    What happens on the trail stays on the trail.
    Unless you're Governor of a southern state. Then, what happens, stays on CBS News.

Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    why wouldn't you 'want' to have sex w/ an attractive member of the opposite sex??? are you gay? if so, that's fine, and your choice
    Why wouldn't I? Because I'm married, that's why. Because I love my wife. That's another reason. And because cheating on someone you are committed to and say that you love is just downright sick. Are those good enough reasons for you? If not, you wouldn't understand.

The Weasel
    "Thank God! there is always a Land of Beyond, For us who are true to the trail..." --- Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway_08 View Post
    I am sure the ladies here have the same kind of outlook on some of the guys. So what do you ladies look for in a "tap-n-go" guy?
    Ezekiel 23:20 :

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

The Bible has all the answers!

Quote Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
    If not, you wouldn't understand.

The Weasel
    i think the fact that he said what he did is evidence enough that he don't get it......

Included in this thread there should be a pole...er...poll of hikers who have had sex on the trail.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++