WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Murder in the Mountains

I came across this atricle from June 3, 1991 about the murders @ the old Thelma Marks Shelter on Cove Mtn. south of Duncannon. Lots of info. I understand that some here on WB helped catch the killer?

http://www.people.com/people/archive...115243,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar214 View Post
    I came across this atricle from June 3, 1991 about the murders @ the old Thelma Marks Shelter on Cove Mtn. south of Duncannon. Lots of info. I understand that some here on WB helped catch the killer?
    the 3 guys that tracked down the killer are not WB members. i know them personally

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    the 3 guys that tracked down the killer are not WB members. i know them personally
    do you know how they "tracked him down" ? did they know what he looked like? what gear he might have had? interesting

Images

"Eight days after the bodies were found, National Park rangers in Harper's Ferry, W. Va., arrested a bearded backwoodsman who matched the description of a man spotted by a dozen witnesses near the murder scene. He was wearing Hood's well-worn hiking boots and carrying his distinctive green backpack with purple side panels. Both had been stolen from the shelter. Found with the backpack were other items of Hood's—a watch, a book, a foam sleeping pad"

maybe if you took the time to read the article , you might know how they tracked him down and more , instead of asking us to read it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar214 View Post
    do you know how they "tracked him down" ? did they know what he looked like? what gear he might have had? interesting
    was pretty easy. they knew kinda what he looked like and knew he was carrying Geoff's stuff. they hiked sections between roads both north and south meeting in the middle then go to the next section. one friend started across the bridge NOBO out of harpers ferry and Crews was coming SOBO across

Images

Quote Originally Posted by High Life View Post
    maybe if you took the time to read the article , you might know how they tracked him down and more , instead of asking us to read it for you
    I read the article....smartypants

I wanted more specific info from LW...which he just provided...thx LW

++ New Posts ++