WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Save 08/08/09!

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    if you don't mind blowing a lot of cash
    Yup.

Still a fun place.

True, but you could always have a tailgate party across the road in the parking lot for the "old" AT/LT. It would be worth a trip across the street for the ILT's Irish Guiness stew or their reuben sandwich.
    I, personally think their nachos are only ok.
    Just watch crossing Rte 4 .
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

I don't know the last time Wolf was at the Inn at Long Trail, but I was just there last week.

It's not that expensive a place at all, especially when you consider its location.

And the proprietors have always been cool with hikers camping across the street, as they know not everyone wants (or can afford) to stay in the Inn.

So really, you can spend time here without spending an inordinate ammount of cash, and you should definitely check the place out if you're in the area. Good times, good food and drink, and really friendly staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    I don't know the last time Wolf was at the Inn at Long Trail, but I was just there last week.

It's not that expensive a place at all, especially when you consider its location.
    i was there a couple of years ago

it's very expensive for budget minded hikers http://www.innatlongtrail.com/dining.htm#menu
    $4-$6 for a beer plus menu items add up

Welll, yeah. Going to restaurants costs money. But considering its location, I don't think the food prices are out of line at all. I can think of places all up and down the Trail that have comparably priced items on their menu (the NOC, etc). And nobody is ever compelled to buy a six dollar beer either. But if you think you're gonna pay $2.75 for a Guiness there (or anywhere else on the Trail for that matter), you're likely to be in for a surprise.

Storyteller
    Images

I have had some of the local Long Trail brewery's products and was well impressed. Particularly liked the pint glass I got that says "Take a hike" on the back

Welll, yeah. Going to restaurants costs money. But considering its location, I don't think the food prices are out of line at all. .......
    Why do you keep saying, considering it's location. It's a beer joint along a highway. What's special about it's location?

Clyde

Images

My wife says I can afford it and that she's worth it.

Panzer

Images

Is there any particular place at the campground where people from WB/Billville are going to be camping?

Panzer

There will be one place where everyone will be camping, so folks should be pretty easy to find. The campsite opens at noon Friday and people can stay thru the weekend. There will be a one-time-only fee of $5.00 for camping (per person, not per tent), and this is good for the whole weekend. Dogs are welcome, but must remain leashed.

Dogs are welcome, but must remain leashed.

hahahahahahahahaha

Images

Any hikers could always stay at the back home again cafe and hostel, if you don't mind listening to very strange religious music first thingin the morning. (Other than that, it was very nice. Free bunk, free good food, and all I had to do was sweep out the bunkrooms. And their bread is soooo good)

Images

Were is the "12 tribes" located. We might want to drive past their place if we have nothing else to do just sort of like a tourist attraction thing.

Panzer

Images

The one I mentioned above if the Twelve tribes. They're at Back Home Again Cafe (which in next to, and part of Simon the Tanners Outfitter) They're very nice people.

Images

Does anyone know where I can get a quick online map of the long trail? We might want to take a talk there this weekend.

Panzer

Not that I know of. There will probably be people there with maps, Panzer, in case you don't want to purchase one.

Quote Originally Posted by Foyt20 View Post
    Sorry, Cant make it, thats my wedding

Congrats! Mine too but I'm still going
    "There are people who plan and people who do, I'm a doer."

i was there a couple of years ago

it's very expensive for budget minded hikers http://www.innatlongtrail.com/dining.htm#menu
    $4-$6 for a beer plus menu items add up
    You should know as well as anyone else, that's just what food and beer go for in New England. Particularly in a tourist area.
    "There are people who plan and people who do, I'm a doer."

Images

See you at the Festival! I will be helping my husband who is running the two music stages Saturday.

p.s. Inn at LT nachos...DELICIOUS
    "Dreamt last night I was climbing mountains
    Way beyond love’s fierce hold..."

Quote Originally Posted by rcli4 View Post
    Why do you keep saying, considering it's location. It's a beer joint along a highway. What's special about it's location?

Clyde
    Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's location is across the street from Killington & Pico, where a season pass for skiing will run you a thousand dollars or so.

Skiers and downhill mountain bikers tend to have some money to throw around on their vacations; the "beer joint along a highway" you mention has rooms available that go for $600-$900 and change on certain weekends.

That they're so cool to hikers is pretty remarkable. I imagine that's why Jack says "considering its location."
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++