WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I summited the 27th along with Star Trek, Doc, Magic, In Deep, Beaureguard Shagnasty, Bones, Baltimore, Slagline

Rock Scar (orig trail name Legs) summitted yesterday (10/6).

Images

I'm in Millinocket. I got tired of the flood and never ending rain. I'm gonna pick my weather and damnit I deserve it! I haven't had a view in a long time. I'll knock out the remaining 40 or so southbound regardless of the weather but I'm am going to summit when it's dry...view or no view!
    On my heels are Da wah he, Willow, Speedstick, Jacob, Colin "Mr. Fidget", BeeMan...and more. Being dry is good and this beer is cold!

I have about 3,000 photographs to upload!
    "Going to the woods is going home" - John Muir

"Only by going alone in silence, without baggage, can one truely get into the heart of the wilderness" - John Muir

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Anyone heard anything from 1Pint?
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Anyone heard anything from 1Pint?
    Nope..sorry.

"Only by going alone in silence, without baggage, can one truely get into the heart of the wilderness" - John Muir

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Hey Ramble~On, haven't seen you since Trail Days. Glad to hear you're doing well. Enjoy your summit when it happens!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ShoelessWanderer View Post
    Rock Scar (orig trail name Legs) summitted yesterday (10/6).
    There must be more than one Legs. The Legs I know was a super fast hiker and should have summitted a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    There must be more than one Legs. The Legs I know was a super fast hiker and should have summitted a month ago.
    If you are the RambleOn I've heard about then it is the Legs you know. Did you meet Dale & Marie from Virginia Beach?

Images

If you are the RambleOn I've heard about then it is the Legs you know. Did you meet Dale & Marie from Virginia Beach?
    Yes I did. I met them at the Tye River Bridge. They hooked me up with some magilicious magic. Legs was there that day and we went up to the next shelter. The next morning Legs fell and earned his new trail name.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramble~On View Post
    Yes I did. I met them at the Tye River Bridge. They hooked me up with some magilicious magic. Legs was there that day and we went up to the next shelter. The next morning Legs fell and earned his new trail name.
    Yep, then same one. Dale emailed me the link to your trail journal when he fell. I lead the hiking group that all of us meet through. (I think he milked the last few hundred miles...didn't want to head back to the real world)

I made it to the top on Oct. 6, 2009 with about a dozen of other thru hikers.
    It had the worst weather condition to me since I started the trail.
    Long live hikers!

Congratulations, Highway Man. Really glad to hear you completed the hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Man View Post
    I made it to the top on Oct. 6, 2009 with about a dozen of other thru hikers.
    It had the worst weather condition to me since I started the trail.
    Long live hikers!
    Did you summit with Rock Scar?

Images

I summited today with Fletch, Chinese Tourist & Spider. Class III day and it was as cold as I've seen....but it didn't rain! The deadline is gone and now I can relax and connect the remaining dots. I'm STOKED!

Congrats to Tag Team, Wishbone (the same one that I knew from the Smokies???), Lucky Joe, Moe, Star Trek and all those other peeps I met along the way. GREAT to hear you were still behind me and I hope life off the trail isn't too ... disheartening.

And who's this other Mr. Fidget character?

~Fidget

Images

Mr. Fidget is a guy named Colin, from England. He ought to summit today or tomorrow.

Did you summit with Rock Scar?
    Sorry, I summited Katahdin alone and usually didn't know that many hikers' names.

Images

Default Some more late summiters..

I summited 10/11/09 (#529) along with Spicerack, Krazylegs, Basher, EO (The Extreme Optimist), Denali, Gorganzola, Ziggy, Dah Wah-He, Odin, Stewball, Willow, George (of George + Gracie fame), Mathew + Luke (the father/son team), Beeman, and one other person I met that day whose name currently escapes me (he seemed to be walking w/ Beeman though).

There are definitely more, but people who summited 10/10/09 include Hawkeye, Mr. Fidget, Bad Camper, Jacob, and Speedstick.

I heard the only NOBO staying @ Katahdin Streams the night of the 11th was Yoyo, who planned on summiting on the 12th.

I've also heard that there is a crew in Millinocket that has been waiting to summit for several days now already - at least including Jungli, Tully, Chef, Bee Chucker, Big Camera, and Buttchins.

CONGRATS TO THE CLASS OF 2009!

Didn't see Bark and Berry on the list (husband and wife team). They summited on Oct 1 along with Blackbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottom Bunk View Post
    I summited 10/11/09 (#529) along with Spicerack, Krazylegs, Basher, EO (The Extreme Optimist), Denali, Gorganzola, Ziggy, Dah Wah-He, Odin, Stewball, Willow, George (of George + Gracie fame), Mathew + Luke (the father/son team), Beeman, and one other person I met that day whose name currently escapes me (he seemed to be walking w/ Beeman though).

There are definitely more, but people who summited 10/10/09 include Hawkeye, Mr. Fidget, Bad Camper, Jacob, and Speedstick.

I heard the only NOBO staying @ Katahdin Streams the night of the 11th was Yoyo, who planned on summiting on the 12th.

I've also heard that there is a crew in Millinocket that has been waiting to summit for several days now already - at least including Jungli, Tully, Chef, Bee Chucker, Big Camera, and Buttchins.

CONGRATS TO THE CLASS OF 2009!
    I'm very glad to hear so many people I knew about on the trail have made it to the top.
    Congratulations to them!
    i.e. Thank Bottom Bunk for the info.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++