WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch2014 View Post
    And the Understatement of the Year Award goes to ..... (drumroll)....... Wrongway!

Damn right ...... its about time I got an award for something! Took years of hard work .... um.... maybe not hard work..... um ..... maybe .... more like.. ..... years of mindless wondering and not paying attention to those pesky signs and details ........... BUT it finally paid off and I have been rightfully recognized When can I expect my award?

Thanks everyone - I am looking through the different sites now .... poor Jess, she has no idea what she has volunteered for! Any other takers???

Images

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway_08 View Post
    Damn right ...... its about time I got an award for something! Took years of hard work .... um.... maybe not hard work..... um ..... maybe .... more like.. ..... years of mindless wondering and not paying attention to those pesky signs and details ........... BUT it finally paid off and I have been rightfully recognized When can I expect my award?

Thanks everyone - I am looking through the different sites now .... poor Jess, she has no idea what she has volunteered for! Any other takers???
    My understanding is that this award like the Darwin awards is handed out post humous. don't worry the rest of us surviving fools will accept on your behalf.

Images

Well I guess that means you will be accepting 2 awards for me ....

Just received my map today of the Adirondacks. Nice map, shows all the trails.

Will need to polish up my compass skills. Other then that, I am ready to go!
    Erwin will not be able to go, dogs are not allowed in the reserve.

Images

Hey man, whats the ride situation.....there's a possibility I could make it out for this one if I could hook up with a couple of people and split the gas/toll costs...

Images

Right now, there could be room for another person. As long as you have a smallish pack, I only have a Mazda 3 or a Chevy S10. If I take the S10, the gear would go in the back and it has the srd jump seat area for someone to sit in.

Plan is to leave early Friday morning - as long as they approve that Friday off for me.

Images

Thats cool....I do have a relatively small pack...If I can go and we need more room, I would be willing to drive. I have an extended cab sierra and could fit 4 people fairly comfortably.

Images

That would be great! Let me know how it looks on your end when you figure it out.

I will let you know if we are leaving Friday morning or in the afternoon, as soon as the boss gets back to me.

Images

Cool......Either way, if I can't take off Fri, I get off @ 3.

Images

I was checking routes today and drawing them on the map, looks like Erwin can go on this trip, doing it by the Backpacker route! Now I need to decide if he will be okay for a 12 hour drive.

Images

Looks like we are going to head out early Friday morning. Around 7 or 8.

Other idea is to leave Thursday afternoon to kill some drive time and give a few more hours of hiking time.

- Rick

Images

Well I am heading out to the Cape for the Weekend with the family but if you are wanting to come up Thursday and crash over at my place and then headout from here and go up friday in the AM you are more than welcome to do that. I don't know if you were planning on coming up this way or if you were going to run up I-88 instead. Just let me know your always welcome.

Images

Thanks Sasquatch! Will check the plans but I think we are heading up 81 and to some other road and then straight up - thats as far as I have gotten so far - don't think we are heading East towards you for this one.

Would be great to visit you again, will let you know.

Images

yeah sounds like I-88 you'll grab it by taking I-81 to Binghamton where you can grab I-88 up to I-90 which is the New York State Thruway up there and then you'll get on I-87 to go on up north in to the park they call that one the Northway. I would do the same route it will avoid the added traffic that comes with the whole NYC/NJ mess.

Have a great trip and try not to get too lost. this should be right up your alley. I recall you wanting to follow every deer path you crossed when we hiked out of PenMar a few years back.

Images

Yea, that was a good trip!

So the plan now is to leave Thursday afternoon - kill a couple hours driving and hit up a hotel room, then finish up early Friday and start the hike!

Images

There is a great Hot Dog and Hamburger joint in Schenectady NY near where I-88 and I-90 join up if you want the name of this great greasy spoon just let me know it got me through 4 years of college. One of the few positive things about Schenectady NY.

Images

Well what was the out come of this last outing of the fools parade? Any survivors? of this trip? show us the photos

Yes, please do. ]
    And Sasquatch, I plan on heading your way on Sunday night the 13th to finish the AT in New York. Chatter has other plans during that week, and he doesn't seem too keen on doing long mileage days which you're apparantly planning to finish VT.
    Get back to me when you can. You have my email address.
    Thanks.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

yes we need to see pics of the great northern ADK disaster that is the parade of fools trip. Let me scheduled know your for the NY section may not be able to hike it with you but night be able to come and harass you at night.

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch2014 View Post
    yes we need to see pics of the great northern ADK disaster that is the parade of fools trip. Let me scheduled know your for the NY section may not be able to hike it with you but night be able to come and harass you at night.
    Re: POF 'Dacks hike : I think the bears got them .

Re: NY section hike: I'll be heading to your area as above to hike from Rte. 52 south. How's the campground at Fahnestock Park? That'll be my first night, I'm thinking.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Re: POF 'Dacks hike : I think the bears got them .

Re: NY section hike: I'll be heading to your area as above to hike from Rte. 52 south. How's the campground at Fahnestock Park? That'll be my first night, I'm thinking.
    Basically non -existent. I do thin k that there is water there though. Easy for me to drive in and harass you which is a positive.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++