WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Thumbs up 3 season disposable UL sleepbag?

I have seen this at Dick's Sporting Goods a year ago and I am now kicking myself for not getting one...

Has anyone here thought about a 1 pounder Dupont Halofill summer three season bag lets say 40-45 degrees for about $70 Marmot made one and so did some other company. They had a Mummy bottom and a Summer rectangular shape at the top (no hood or draft tube.) ?

Compresses to a grapefruit.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

No but,lafuma,MB pack to that size...and well.

-

a 1lb hollofill would be 55F

I got a Marmot Aspen Down Bag there thats claims to be a 40 Degree bag for $90 from Dicks and I love it

Images

What does disposable imply? All my bags and all my gear is technically disposable along with all my clothes, watches, and shoes.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    What does disposable imply? All my bags and all my gear is technically disposable along with all my clothes, watches, and shoes.

Glad you asked, I had a pair of 20 degree mummy $65 Slumberjacks cheap and they lost their loft very quickly,,, so now instead of buying a $350 down bag forever, I buy 3 season disposables. (every ten years)

Mr Pokey - you are very close - I am looking for something without duck feathers.
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Are you talking about the Marmot Pounder? It was rated to 40 degrees, weighs 1 pound 5 ounces and cost me about $70 a couple years ago. It is not filled with Hollofil, but Primaloft. The bag is not disposable, it should last for years. I have an 18 year old bag with Primaloft that is still going strong. Hollowfil is the one that loses loft fast, and is heavy.

Journal Entries
    Images

Thanks Arizona! Yes that is what I am looking for, I guess I can cut off the hood, and sew it shut.

I will take a look for the best price.

any other choices along the same lines?

Woo

++ New Posts ++