WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Blairsville, GA: Missing Woman

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,540781,00.html

I read about this missing woman and it reminded me of Meredith, if only for the nearness of the events.

BLAIRSVILLE, Ga. — The FBI joined the search for a missing north Georgia woman as the case extended across state lines and into an eighth day.
    Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead said Tuesday that 100 law enforcement officials were hunting for 38-year-old Kristi Cornwell, who disappeared Aug. 11.
    Authorities continued to search the neighborhood where she vanished on Wednesday.
    In a cell phone conversation with her boyfriend, Cornwell said she believed a car was following her and then apparently struggled with an unknown person.
    Her boyfriend heard her pleading to her apparent captors, "Don't take me!"
    LIVESHOTS: Mystery in the North Georgia Mountains
    Bankhead says authorities have followed up on hundreds of tips that have come in throughout the week, and that leads were bolstered by national media attention given to the case in recent days.
    The family has set up a Web site to help find Cornwell.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Images

GBI gave up on the ground search today. her cell phone was found about 3 miles away by a man mowing his front lawn
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Smart money is on the boyfriend.
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
    Smart money is on the boyfriend.
    That's the first place the authorities look, not always where it ends up.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    That's the first place the authorities look, not always where it ends up.
    Yeah, I just felt that the whole 'I heard her being kidnapped' bidness was pretty unlikely....who knows?
    ???

She was a former probation officer, having said that, that may provide motive for some miscreant. Having worked with the dregs, I don't understand why she didn't have a pistol in her pocket. In any abduction, your chance of survival goes down precipitously once you get into the car. You survival chances are higher to be left in the street with a gunshot wound than they are if they get you into the car. Most people don't die from pistol wounds anyway, and just think of the story you'd have to tell.

2010 complete

I think it sounds a bit fishy. I hope that she is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by modiyooch View Post
    I think it sounds a bit fishy. I hope that she is ok.
    I live in North Goergia and have SEVERAL friends in multiple law enforcement agencies. I will give you just one quote from a Sgt who is assigned to the case.."that bitch aint missin'! She planned the whole damn thing." Of course I cannot tell you the officers name, but the general concensus is that she is another run-away bride. So, I hope Sarg is right and she is fine, but if she is and they find her...she's gonna be doing some time!

The perpetual thru-hiker!
    Images

This sounds very "fishy" indeed....like perhaps a hoax of some sort?

Quote Originally Posted by chefjason View Post
    ...... but the general concensus is that she is another run-away bride. So, I hope Sarg is right and she is fine, but if she is and they find her...she's gonna be doing some time!
    I was either thinking that OR the guy's story was fabricated.

Glad it doesn't look like another crazy is near the trail.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Quote Originally Posted by chefjason View Post
    I live in North Goergia and have SEVERAL friends in multiple law enforcement agencies. I will give you just one quote from a Sgt who is assigned to the case.."that bitch aint missin'! She planned the whole damn thing." Of course I cannot tell you the officers name, but the general concensus is that she is another run-away bride. So, I hope Sarg is right and she is fine, but if she is and they find her...she's gonna be doing some time!
    If that's the case it would be somewhat of a coincidence http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runaway_bride_case, or would it

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    I was either thinking that OR the guy's story was fabricated.

Glad it doesn't look like another crazy is near the trail.
    Oh I am sure there are lots of crazies up here! But I don't think one of them grabbed her up.

Doesn't seem to be a run-away-bride case, but not much news on this story, thinking it's going cold. Very sad.

http://kristicornwell.com/

http://cherokeescout.com/articles/20...2799354593.txt

Registered User Dances with Mice's Avatar
    Images

The road where she was abducted is nearly within sight of "my" section of the Duncan Ridge Trail. Checking topo map, it could probably be seen from Bryant Gap. Anyone on that road can see the Duncan Ridge in the distance, that's for sure.

So this season I kept an eye out for anything unusual near road crossings. Found nothin'.
    You never turned around to see the frowns
    On the jugglers and the clowns
    When they all did tricks for you.

++ New Posts ++