WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 2011 - Looking for partner(s)

I'm planning a flip flop in 2011. Starting SOBO in Pawling NY late May, flipping from Roanoke to Katahdin, then finish on the south end mid November.

I'd like a partner, or more than one (section hikers are fine too!) . Nothing restrictive - hook up at the end of a day or every couple days to be sure all is well. I have logistics support worked in Maine and Virginia - my wife will meet us with a car.

Images

whats your reasoning to doing this? just at a curiosity too early to tell if id be interested.

Default partner request

Quote Originally Posted by bluffhead View Post
    whats your reasoning to doing this? just at a curiosity too early to tell if id be interested.
    I'm interested in the flip-flop route for the reasons suggested by the ATC: peace and quiet, being on the trail sections at a good time of the year for each, and lessened trail impact.
    And I'm interested in some kind of partner for safety reasons and to encourage a cooperation mindset so I don't get all completely introverted.

What mileage do you plan to hike each day?

Smile

I would be interested. I hiked the trail northbound in 2007, had a great time. I started hiking the trail southbound from Katahtin this year and got into New Jersey. I would like to hike from Pawling to Harpers Ferry maybe to Waynesboro Va. I'm about a 15 mile a day guy.
    Let me know your plans.

++ New Posts ++