WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default What are the closest airports to DWG?

For some reason, I can not find airports that would service Delaware Water Gap.

Any suggestions closer than Newark or NYC?

Catskill 3500 #1575
    Images

Allentown PA is probably the nearest "real airport", But you'll find better service and prices into Newark NJ.

Images

There's a small airport in PA-airport code ABE (Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton area). The drive would be about 1-1/2 hrs. About the same distance from Newark. More direct flights from Newark than ABE.
    Happy Lifetime Sectioner!

I should clarify, I don't drive so it would be a shuttle or taxi. So extra airfare to a nearby airport would offset car service to DWG. Or maybe fly in then take a bus from Newark to DWG?

Images

Harrisburg Int'l and Scranton Wilkes-Barre Int'l airports are both about 2 hours from DWG

You can fly into New York City and then take the Martz Trailways bus right to Delaware Water Gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Just a Hiker View Post
    You can fly into New York City and then take the Martz Trailways bus right to Delaware Water Gap.
    Agreed. Fly into Laguardia or Newark and hop a cab or bus to the Port Authority terminal in Manhattan. Martz bus from there. The AT is about a 1 mile walk from the bus terminal.

Hike smarter, not harder.

My rule for flying is if Southwest Airlines doesn't go there (or close), neither do I. Nothing wrong with cheap, and on time. And they fly to LaGuardia.

ERNMAN

Allentown/betthlehem airport is about an hr. from the Gap. I live in Pocono summit which is about 20 miles from the gap. Avoca[scranton] airport is about 30 mins from me. Newark would be about an hr. from the Gap also. Chances are you can get a direct flight into Newark and a slight lesser one into abe.....avoca will def.. have you switch somewhere.If I can help, I could get you in avoca and bring you to Del. Water Gap. Feel free to ask. E

Images

I frequently fly out of ABE (AKA Lehigh Valley Intertnational, FKA Allentown/Bethelhem/Easton) and it is the least congested airport in the area as well as the closest to DWG. I know there are a few shuttlers in the area - Did you check the ALDHA website - they have a longer list than WB does.
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

Images

Lehigh Valley International airport is really good and small and nice- it's close then NY, but I don't know whether it's closer than Allentown.

www.lvia.org (lehigh site)

Images

Sorry- didn't realize that Lehigh was posted above me.

++ New Posts ++