WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Section by Section
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    actually, i would say he is a good person who thinks you have an internet problem. don't take everything here so serious.
    Hahaha, I do have an "Internet problem" this weekend... I've literally been at my desk for 38 hours now babysitting a server migration. I've logged more hours on WB since 7:00am Friday than I did all last year.

That being said, there are a few "hot button" words, phrases and behaviors that get in my craw and this thread kinda hit them all. Again, I wasn't trying to be confrontational with Superman, just explaining that I didn't take kindly to being called a pansy. I figured a PM was the best way to handle it but he thought differently.

Hopefully for those that don't like me this server migration will finish and I will once again become a casual WBer.
    Midway Sam
    AT Section Hiker

"Adventure is not outside man; it is within." ~ Georg Eliot

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

Freedom of speech does not cover swearing, private websites, all sorts of things. I'm a card-carrying atheist, but I respect the views and beliefs of those who find something in their religion, and my first reaction to the post was that there was no need to use language that would clearly offend a large number of WB members.

We all feel your pain, please choose your language with respect for others in mind.

Superman; seems very juvenile to post a private message

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    LMAO'

Dear superman,

You have received a new private message at WhiteBlaze - Appalachian Trail from Midway Sam, entitled "Please don't resort to name calling...".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
    First off, please don't take this as confrontational.

I'm not sure really how to reconcile what seem to be the two differing personalities I see in you.

On the one hand, I sized you up to be possibly a Scout Leader, former Scout or maybe just the parent of a Scout based on your compliment you paid me on my essay. Someone who understands integrity, honor and expects to be treated the same way they treat others, with dignity and respect.

Now, you are calling Summit (and me since I am a Believer in Jesus Christ and oft times carry a Bible) a "bible thumping pansy" which leads me to believe perhaps you are an intolerant person who chooses to belittle and berate those who believe differently than you.

Believe what you want to believe, but please do not condemn me and call me names for believing what I believe. For what it's worth, I've personally had way too much "good" happen in my life to believe otherwise. I can't imagine there is anyone else on this Earth any less deserving of God's blessing than me, yet I am "richer" than any man I know. I barely have a dime to my name, but I am rich beyond words.

Respectfully,

Sam Conder

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose2 View Post
    Superman; seems very juvenile to post a private message
    it was very adult of you to repost it in a quote though- nice work

I guess by doing that I let the cat out of the bag....now everyone knows!

Section by Section
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by vonfrick View Post
    it was very adult of you to repost it in a quote though- nice work
    I will be giving away autographed copies on my next section hike. I'll be at MRO on October 23rd...
    Midway Sam
    AT Section Hiker

I'll be your first customer!

Quote Originally Posted by Midway Sam View Post
    I will be giving away autographed copies on my next section hike. I'll be at MRO on October 23rd...

What's wrong with god damn it? It's not taking god's name in vain. If you consider it ordering god around, then god bless should also be stricken.

IMO, it's much ado about nothing.

Survivor Dave's Trail Shuttles-www.atsurvivordave.com
    Images

Georgia Shuttling Website www.atsurvivordave.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    What's wrong with god damn it? It's not taking god's name in vain. If you consider it ordering god around, then god bless should also be stricken.

IMO, it's much ado about nothing.
    xactly....

Images

Quote Originally Posted by el.com View Post
    God dammit! I saw this documentary about the A.T. in late april on a german TV channel. And since then this crap is chasing me every day. Now I watched it again online... And guess what? The urge to come over to the USA and hike this god damn thing is bigger than anytime before!

Why do I have to be imprisoned in this life? Every morning I wake up, go to work and fall asleep in the evening. Every day the same thing. I want to be on the trail NOW! Damn! NOW NOW NOW!!!! I'm so tired of waiting till next spring!

AAAHHH!

Sorry about this, but this HAD to be said

greetings from germany,
    Ben
    "Why do I have to be imprisoned in this life?" Maybe because your asking God to damn it. Maybe damning something really has an effect....just the opposite of blessing someone.

Anyway your use of the english language is surely limited. Maybe God heard you and answered your prayer with "Every morning I wake up, go to work and fall asleep in the evening. Every day the same thing"
    Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee. Gen 13:17

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    how about how ******* useless leki poles are
    I can't say it was old when my grandfather was a boy, but it's pretty well worn out.

while i have everyone's attention, i have a question. what does the 'h' stand for in 'jesus h christ'? just curious.

while i have everyone's attention, i have a question. what does the 'h' stand for in 'jesus h christ'? just curious.
    The H stands for Harold, as in, "Our Father, who art in heaven, Harold be thy name"

Survivor Dave's Trail Shuttles-www.atsurvivordave.com
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Mole View Post
    "Why do I have to be imprisoned in this life?" Maybe because your asking God to damn it. Maybe damning something really has an effect....just the opposite of blessing someone.

Anyway your use of the english language is surely limited. Maybe God heard you and answered your prayer with "Every morning I wake up, go to work and fall asleep in the evening. Every day the same thing"

So I guess Lone Wolf can just go ahead and G*d damn the Leki Poles and shelters to make them go away, right?
    Georgia Shuttling Website www.atsurvivordave.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    The H stands for Harold, as in, "Our Father, who art in heaven, Harold be thy name"
    thanks for the info, o wise one.

Section by Section
    Images

Since you asked...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_...Jesus_H_Christ

However Sly's version is what I always heard growing up.
    Midway Sam
    AT Section Hiker

herkimer....

Images

Religion isn't forbidden here, but arguments about it are. Would everyone cool it with the g... d...'s? It's obviously offensive to some and not in the slightest to others. The problem with that? Trying to hash out the "why" just can't happen here. Help us out with this. Can we get back to the original post's topic?
    That's my dog, Echo. He's a fine young dog.

Images

I'm not sure, but I think the quoted sentence below from the opening post may be something close to Ben's intended topic.

I'm so tired of waiting until next spring!
    Maybe he should call off work, eat a big meal and go into hibernation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++