WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: pocketmailer

Default pocketmailer

i know a lot of you use the pocketmailer w/subscription, but with the phones now, i wondered if it would not be as cheap and easy to get web access on phone. I plan on keeping a journal and my phone plan wants to charge 9.99 for 25 megabytes per month. Not really knowledgeable here, could use some help.
    each step we take creates our path

If I did it over again I'd break down and get a Blackberry (with loss insurance option). Depending on your provider you'll have no problems keeping up an online journal. Verizon has the best coverage along the entire trail.

Also consider doing free audio updates at www.trailphone.net

Good luck.

Images

I use pocketmail but no subscription. I journal on the pocketmail then when I get home I use their backup utility to download and then open using word
    WalkingStick"75"

Images

I carried the Peek, same basic idea as the PocketMail. My main reason was to save me from buying a new phone and a data plan.

One of the guys that hiked with me carried an iPhone. He typed his journal and emailed it to a friend at home who posted it. The iphone seemed like a lot less hassle. He bought an extra battery pack for it, charged that and the iPhone battery in town and we even used the phone to look up places to stay in town, etc with the internet. Plus, he only had to carry the iphone, charger, and the extra battery pack. I carried my phone and charger, and the Peek and charger and had problems with no service and all sorts of other things. If I had the money, I'd go for the phone with data.

Donating Member/AT Class of 2003 - The WET year
    Images

I have a new, unused PocketMail device that I would like to sell. $50 + shipping. It has never been activated. New in box.

PM me if interested.

'Slogger
    The more I learn ...the more I realize I don't know.

++ New Posts ++