WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Video from our 2009 hike

I just added Flash versions of our 2009 JMT hike tapes to our web site -
    1.5mbps and in 720p HD at 3.5mbps. See in video what it is like to hike
    with two 11-year-olds who hoped to pull off a yo-yo hike (they most
    likely will try again next summer). The clips are arranged in playlists
    and you can easily skip through them based on clip titles and thumbnails - that's about the extent of my editing so far.

http://didnt.doit.wisc.edu/outdoor/muir2009/video/video.htm

Flash videos require Flash 9 and higher, Silverlight version requires Silverlight 3.

Loved the video. How far did you hike with the kids and what was the route? how many days?

What a great hike! Seem like you all had a great time out there. And hosted on the doit website. Go Badgers!

Registered User Pacific Tortuga's Avatar
    Images

I always enjoy hiking video's and to see kids out in the backcountry.
    How much work (love) it must be pulling off the details with the kids, alone.
    I do always wonder just how much fun the kids are having. The right gear?, and to me, what looked like the wrong footwear, kids can be tough.
    Thanks for sharing your family adventure with us, next year, Disneyland ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Cables View Post
    Loved the video. How far did you hike with the kids and what was the route? how many days?
    full trail -

started Tuolumne Meadows and hiked into Yos Valley, because you can't get a permit in the other direction, ten took the bus back up to Tuolumne and headed south to Whitney Portal. 17 days with some rest time in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacific Tortuga View Post
    I always enjoy hiking video's and to see kids out in the backcountry.
    How much work (love) it must be pulling off the details with the kids, alone.
    I do always wonder just how much fun the kids are having. The right gear?, and to me, what looked like the wrong footwear, kids can be tough.
    Thanks for sharing your family adventure with us, next year, Disneyland ?
    well, I just went back for a solo hike in September to do this northbound without the kids. I really missed them and I don't think I'll be going back there next year unless they both come along again. It's their call again, so who knows. But at every spot on the trail I remembered what it was like when we were there as a group.

Next year? My son is already planning on going - wants to do the yo-yo again. My daughter is still saying no, because I think she wants to be bribed...

++ New Posts ++