WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default 100 Mile Wilderness Adventures.

Hey, if anyone is hiking the 100 Mile Wilderness this year be sure to check out 100 Mile Wilderness Adventures in Monson. It's Phil Pepin's old place that was bought by a 2016 SOBO thru-hiker last year. Without any advertising but a Facebook page they continued catering to section-hikers but took in a few thru-hikers that wanted an alternative to Shaw's This year, they plan on opening up a bit and should be in most trail guides, as well Farout. It'as only .25 mile off the trail at the blue blaze junction into Monson.

• Lodging
    • Tenting
    • Shuttles
    • Food Drops

More info on the website, check it out, 100 Mile Wilderness Adventures.

image000001-m6LrJkyXQ5SepnwG.jpg
    Last edited by Sly; 02-24-2024 at 20:42.

When I clicked on your link, it went nowhere.

This side of the dirt
    Images

Try this one - 1st time I tried it didn't work but second try it worked

***** EDIT NOTE *****
    After posting the link I tired it here - same thing - works sometimes and not others - may be a connection problem on their end. Even once you're on their webpage their links to things don't always work. I sent them an email advising of the problem
    https://www.100milewildernessadventures.com/
    Last edited by Montana Mac; 02-25-2024 at 08:58.
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed, is more important than any other one thing." Abraham Lincoln (1855)

Shaw's was great but it was one of the only places I needed a ride on the entire trail, I'm always looking to stay as close to the trail as possible at a place that excepts food drops so this would have been perfect. If it's still there my next time through I will definitely see about staying here first. Looks like a sweet spot from the picture.
    NoDoz
    nobo 2018 March 10th - October 19th
    -
    I'm just one too many mornings and 1,000 miles behind

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    When I clicked on your link, it went nowhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Montana Mac View Post
    Try this one - 1st time I tried it didn't work but second try it worked

***** EDIT NOTE *****
    After posting the link I tired it here - same thing - works sometimes and not others - may be a connection problem on their end. Even once you're on their webpage their links to things don't always work. I sent them an email advising of the problem
    https://www.100milewildernessadventures.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyLightning View Post
    Shaw's was great but it was one of the only places I needed a ride on the entire trail, I'm always looking to stay as close to the trail as possible at a place that excepts food drops so this would have been perfect. If it's still there my next time through I will definitely see about staying here first. Looks like a sweet spot from the picture.
    Within 15 minutes of launching, the website host had problems, not MY fault. It took about 12 hours to straighten it out. Anyway, it's been working fine since.

Lazy, yeah come on by!

++ New Posts ++