WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Asheville NC area hikers.

Any hikers in the Asheville NC area? A friend of mine just moved out there and would like to met some kind people.

Images

I'm not in Asheville but I'm in the area and there are many kind folks in Asheville and the surrounding areas that are all about hiking...
    "Going to the woods is going home" - John Muir

"Only by going alone in silence, without baggage, can one truely get into the heart of the wilderness" - John Muir

Images

http://www.carolinamtnclub.com/

This might be a good place to start.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

There are lots of great A.T. people in or near Asheville. (For example Chaco recently relocated there). Also, the ATC has regular events at a wonderful downtown pub called Jack of the Wood; I think their next one is 10 November; interested folks can find more info on this in the "Get-togethers" section of this website.

ANOTHER BOO BOO???? Bu Bu just left Asheville. To quote Jester, "know of too many Boo Boo's"
    Just messin there is a whole tribe of us hikers here. Lots of 08er's have relocated here. Good hiking town

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    There are lots of great A.T. people in or near Asheville. (For example Chaco recently relocated there). Also, the ATC has regular events at a wonderful downtown pub called Jack of the Wood; I think their next one is 10 November; interested folks can find more info on this in the "Get-togethers" section of this website.
    Aww Jack

Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post
    Any hikers in the Asheville NC area? A friend of mine just moved out there and would like to met some kind people.
    Like Jack said, the ATC does something at Jack of the Wood once a month, great pub. We are scattered all over Asheville

To borrow a phrase from the gangsta world I'm tha O.B. (the original BooBoo) haha all others are imposters. :-)

My friend Hanna is wonderful person that's looking to met some kind pholks so when she told me she was moving out there I promised I'd get her in contact with some hikers. I'll tell her to get on here the next time I talk to her. Hanna is one of those people that is a hiker but just doesn't know it yet.

Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

TEHCC is great. Mainly located in TN but maintains the AT from 19W to Damascus. Lots of group hikes. There is an associated group called the Friday Hikers, and they hike all over the area. Usually meet in Kingsport Friday mornings. They go out and hike, or do some light maintenance & mapping. They are usually made up of families and older folk. But they know some good hikes.

CMC is good. They help maintain the AT 19W to Davnport Gap, MST, Art Loeb. They are based out of Asheville.

Also check with the people at REI and Mast. They probably hear of all sorts of groups.
    Last edited by Tennessee Viking; 10-29-2009 at 12:52.
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

The Nov. 10 get together has a change-of-venue for this month only!

The second-Tuesday gathering for November is going to be at Asheville Pizza and Brewing Compnay. We'll watch the new Nat. Geo. film - get to see some other cool stuff (that's a surprise from Andy - Digger'02) - and generally hang out with hikers - tell stories and check out the A.T. from whatever perspective we get from this film.

Info on the night's events are found here: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55183

And PS - if you live in Asheville and PM me your name, trailname, and e-mail addy, I'll add you to our little running list of A.T. hikers in Asheville. We'll keep you posted on upcoming get-togethers or other special event things happening related to the Trail.

I'll be relocating to the Asheville area by this time next year if not sooner. I'm sick of the praire I need Mountains!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramble~On View Post
    I'm not in Asheville but I'm in the area and there are many kind folks in Asheville and the surrounding areas that are all about hiking...
    OH yeah Ramble On is one of them I'll vouch for that!....meow!
    "When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

Images

Spotlight ? Oh no...you're on here.... there goes the hood'

Who the hell is this Blue Wolf though ? are you in disguise?

MEOW!
    "Going to the woods is going home" - John Muir

"Only by going alone in silence, without baggage, can one truely get into the heart of the wilderness" - John Muir

I live just outside of Asheville as does Cornbread '00 Spider '08 30 seconds '00 Mama D '03 and a few others. I hiked in 2000 and am always looking for a good hiker get together.

++ New Posts ++