WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Default Let me get this straight

B Jack can challenge anything another poster says. But if someone disagrees with him, that post gets deleted? If I'm missing something about basic fairness, please help me understand.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    B Jack can challenge anything another poster says. But if someone disagrees with him, that post gets deleted? If I'm missing something about basic fairness, please help me understand.
    Jack is a living trail legend, didn't you know??

No one is ever going to take you serious with a trailname like Mango! Sounds like a pet monkey's name! You need a cool sounding trailname like, umm, Baltimore Jack!

Hike smarter, not harder.

There are a lot of regulars on here that will get your post deleted if you disagree. Welcome to Whiteblaze. Like most online forums, this is not a democracy, it's a benevolent dictatorship. Private owners can pick their own moderators, and let them edit as they see fit.
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    No one is ever going to take you serious with a trailname like Mango! Sounds like a pet monkey's name! You need a cool sounding trailname like, umm, Baltimore Jack!
    Mango? Are you named from the Sat Night Live skit?
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Journal Entries

Default trail name

No, not SNL. I hadn't even heard of that character until I got named and my kids said "Dad!!! Haven't you seen SNL?" By then it was too late. It actually comes from Jimmy Buffett music.

2010 complete

Would it be blinders? yep, I'm a little frustrated myself. Never believed it before, but I do see it now.

Images

Just go to BPL and don't worry about it.

Images

I've given loads of money to BPL for that very reason too. Not quite sure I wanna give WB 500 yet.

Hike smarter, not harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    Just go to BPL and don't worry about it.
    Yep, that works well.
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

2010 complete

Boston Public Library?

Images

I think having mods is a good system. They can shut down threads that are getting to nasty and delete comments that are rude or trollish. Anyway- I can't see Jack deleting anyone because he disagrees with them. He'll tell you if he disagrees with what you say, not delete you and ignore your comment.

On the other hand, if you're being a complete troll and don't have anything usful to say or go completely off topic, then you probably will be deleted. Diminishes the clutter and annoying trend of going completely off topic.

2010 complete

Quote Originally Posted by ShelterLeopard View Post
    I think having mods is a good system. They can shut down threads that are getting to nasty and delete comments that are rude or trollish. Anyway- I can't see Jack deleting anyone because he disagrees with them. He'll tell you if he disagrees with what you say, not delete you and ignore your comment.

On the other hand, if you're being a complete troll and don't have anything usful to say or go completely off topic, then you probably will be deleted. Diminishes the clutter and annoying trend of going completely off topic.
    tell me what was wrong with post #145?? It was returned after I inquired. no explanation as to why it was removed or returned. Now, I have another one gone.

Images

And there are the bizarre times, when it is completely inexplained and unknown. {spooky music} Who knows?

Images

[QUOTE=ShelterLeopard;916636] Anyway- I can't see Jack deleting anyone because he disagrees with them.QUOTE]

Jack is not a moderator. He can't delete anyone. (Fortunately)
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

The whole reason there are moderators is the same reason hostels have to put signs everywhere. Someone didn't do the right thing so now everyone suffers. Put your big girl panties on and deal with it. I'm just sayin'.

Images

I still couldn't see him deleting anyone just 'cause they disagreed with them. Anyway, I thought all deleted comments had a line that showed by whom they were deleted, and why. I think it probably wasn't deleted, just got lost in the shuffle of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    If you have an issue with a post deletion, contact the moderator for that forum or admin through PM or email. Forum moderators are listed on the bottom of the forum page thread listing.
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

++ New Posts ++