WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Does anybody remember the name/location of this B&B?

I'm a hiker from '06 and trying to remember the name and/or location of this hostel in this pic so I can return.

Here's what I remember:

The B&B/hostel is in the barn on the left and the couple lives in the red house on the right.

It's North of Georgia and South of Virginia, based on the order of my digital pics. It is on the West side of the trail. Ergo, I'm almost positive it's in Tennessee.

The hike from the trail to the B&B/Hostel was a narrow two lane road with no shoulders.

There was an AMAZING breakfast. Layers and layers of perfect food prepared by the wife.

I think my databook got recycled in the last move or I'd look there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much

-Chris (Taco) '06

That would be The Hikers's Cabin at Mountain Harbour Hostel. You are correct - they serve one of the best breakfasts on the trail!

Thank you so much Tagless!

Images

Yes and that would be Mary Hill that cooked you that wonderful breakfast. Her meals are a work of art.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

I stayed there on my '05 hike and echo the comments on the wonderful breakfast. In fact on another WB thread addressing Trail superlatives, I voted Mountain Harbor best breakfast on the Trail (tied with Shaws).

So many trails... so little time. Many Walks's Avatar

Yes, great place to stay. They'll also take you up the road to another good place to eat dinner if you want. Laundry service is also available for a reasonable fee. Just a note, if it's raining and you drop something off the deck they'll go into the muddy horse pen to retrieve it for you. Oops!
    That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest. Henry David Thoreau

++ New Posts ++