WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

the funny thing is if he dosnt know redwolf. that hes a 16 year old hiker trapped in like a 80 year old body!
    matthewski

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    oh my god thats funny!

redwolf is whakked.he is one messed up dude!lol!
    from you -- that's really hilarious

it may be fun to have friends who are old yet young inside, but whats really really important for folks to know, is that folks like rwolf are what makes our trail what it is. his enthusiasm for anything hiking is a trait we could do well to emulate. without our rwolves, the trail would suffer badly. its a rare breed that works a lifetime only to give us his retirment work years .he sets an example of what i wanna be. well, maby not the ears!lol. we love redwolf!
    matthewski

Arrow 2 * * * 1 * * *____________missed opportunity

STILL TIME ~ DEADLINE 12/31/2010

YES, still time to get your listing on a plaque of the ORIGINAL GRAND OPENING DONORS , a plaque that will be viewed by the Appalachian Trail Community for YEARS TO COME ! All membership/donation forms need to be postmarked by midnight THIS FRIDAY ! ~see attachment below for a Progress Report & a printable form~

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ~ MERRY 5th.DAY of CHRISTMASS !
    Robert Croyle "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's"
    A.T. Museum, membership secretary
    [email protected]

PS: The first 2 weeks of December saw donations surpass $8,000 ! ~ Thankyou supporters of the
    Appalachian Trail Museum ~ RW

Arrow Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame ~ today's news release

APPALACHIAN TRAIL HALL OF FAME ~ NEWS RELEASE :

The attachment below contains the news release announcing the formation of the Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame
    and is being sent today to local, regional and national media as well as to the hiking clubs . FYI

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

Appalachian Trail Museum, membership secretary
    [email protected]
    www.atmuseum.org

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    APPALACHIAN TRAIL HALL OF FAME ~ NEWS RELEASE :

The attachment below contains the news release announcing the formation of the Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame
    and is being sent today to local, regional and national media as well as to the hiking clubs . FYI

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

[email protected]
    www.atmuseum.org
    CAST YOUR VOTE AT: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/63PYPCT

Smile Actually , you're aske to make a NOMINATION

"Nominations – Nominations will be solicited from throughout the hiking and trails community, by using a unique internet survey address. (see link above) ." You are
    actually asked to make a nomination so the Museum will have more choices for this new exhibit area .

Robert "Red Wolf"

This is what you will see when you follow the link to nominate. I think it is important to read this to help you think of who to nominate.

1. What person (living or deceased) would you like to nominate to the Appalachian Trail Museum Hall of Fame?

To help you decide, here are the Criteria developed by the A.T. Museum Hall of Fame Committee: "Criteria - Those eligible for consideration include anyone who has made a major contribution to the A.T., or otherwise have advanced the cause of the A.T. These include, without limitation, pioneers who conceived of and developed the trail; those who organized or directed major trail organizations like ATC and the A.T. maintaining clubs; longtime trail maintainers; leaders who promoted and protected the A.T.; hikers who have made significant accomplishments, and other persons who have enriched the culture or community of the A.T. by their association with it. By way of example only, some of the people to consider for early inclusion include Benton MacKaye, Myron Avery, Earl Shaffer, Grandma Gatewood, Arthur Perkins, William Welch, Ed Garvey and Gene Espy." This listing is NOT intended to limit the persons you may consider for nomination.

I think people are confused about the Hall enough as it is. You won't be casting a vote, where the person with the most votes wins. You'll be nominating someone for consideration for the board to choose from.

– Nominations will be solicited from throughout the hiking and trails community, by using a unique internet survey address. (see link above) ." You are
    actually asked to make a nomination so the Museum will have more choices for this new exhibit area .

Robert "Red Wolf"

That's better.

Journal Entries
    Images

I have to ask. Who picked the Board members as the ones to decide.Was it all the members of the ATMuesum? Thank you...
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

Quote Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
    I have to ask. Who picked the Board members as the ones to decide.Was it all the members of the ATMuesum? Thank you...
    Well of course it was the ATM board, or serious supporters of the Museum that picked/suggested the committee for the ATM HOF. Who else would it be?
    That committee is chaired by Jim Foster, a museum volunteer and 2007 thru-hiker of the Appalachian Trail. Other members of the committee are Noel DeCavalcante, Tom Johnson, Larry Luxenberg, Laurie Potteiger and J.R. Tate.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Well of course it was the ATM board, or serious supporters of the Museum that picked/suggested the committee for the ATM HOF. Who else would it be?
    Thank you sly! Just wanted to understand more about the Museum and yes Iam going to donate. But I truly am just learning the history of the AT and would be of no help in nominateing anyone.
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

Quote Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
    Thank you sly! Just wanted to understand more about the Museum and yes Iam going to donate. But I truly am just learning the history of the AT and would be of no help in nominateing anyone.
    Very good. The AT really has a remarkable history and there were literally thousand of people that made it happen, and continue to keep the trail open and clear.

After years of collecting donations and artifacts for the museum and only opening last year, it's still in it's infancy. Since you're only a few hours, you should try to make it up sometime next year. I hope to.

Here's a good brief history...

http://www.appalachiantrail.org/site...63/History.htm

im scared of this thread. its like the strip in vegas what with the lights and sings flashing and larger than life posts. yall ned sunglasses to watch this show. never know when ill open it and redwolfs blairing happy new year or donate now sings might blast my cornias out theu my retnas. might wanna try moderating the contrast guys.
    matthewski

Arrow A. T. Hall of Fame exhibit & A.T. Museum Trail Festival

Hall of Fame Exhibit & Trail Festival !

After the results of a survey of the hiker community are reviewed, decisons about who the first year's inductees to a special exhibit in the Museum, the Hall of Fame, will be selected by a Museum committee . They (the inductees) will be the focus of a banquet to be held in conjunction with the June 17-19 Appalchian Trail Museum Trail Festival, June 17 - 19 ! I qoute from the body of the news release, "Announcement and recognition of inductees – Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame inductees will be announced during the Appalachian Trail Museum’s annual festival, scheduled for the third weekend in June." This special banquet will be held the Friday evening of the A. T. Museum Trail Festival . All of this is still very much "in-the-works", i.e. early stages . The responce by the A.T. community to the survey, I'm sure, will be especially considered by the HOF committee in making their choices .

ANOTHER POSITIVE, CONSTRUCTIVE ACTIVITY OF THE A. T. MUSEUM FOR THE TRAIL COMMUNITY !

Come and join us in our activities as a card-carrying member and supporter ~ see the link below for a printable,albeit older membership form (will have an up-dated form soon) . To join and pay online go to www.atmuseum.org

Robert LaRoche Croyle aka "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's"
    [email protected]

Default Nominations <=> Votes

That's better.
    Sly, one person makes their"nomination", true .
    The committee reviews the nominations and could consider the amount for each possible inductee to the HOF, true.
    THEN, de facto, it is possible that the nomination count will be a considerable factor in the choices made by the committee ~ true ?
    RW

Smile Hall of Fame multi-city new releases

HALL OF FAME ~ MULTI-CITY NEWS RELEASES !
    The folowing was just received by me this morning and I wanted to pass it along to you ~ FYI

"Attached is a sampling of coverage that we have received on establishing the Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame. To check all story listings via Google, just type Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame Established in the Google search box. We are anticipating a story in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette; I will send that along once it appears. FYI.

Joe Patterson
    Communications Committee
    Appalachian Trail Museum Society"

See the attachments below to review these articles.

Best,

Robert "RW"
    A. T. Museum, membership secretary

THEN, de facto, it is possible that the nomination count will be a considerable factor in the choices made by the committee ~ true ?
    RW
    I don't know how they're going to do it but...

If the committee goes by popular nomination in the initial three years everyone's fears will have been realized. I trust the committee to make their selections on their better judgement. Benton MacKaye gets in before the guy with the most posts on Whiteblaze.

I don't know how they're going to do it but...

If the committee goes by popular nomination in the initial three years everyone's fears will have been realized. I trust the committee to make their selections on their better judgement. Benton MacKaye gets in before the guy with the most posts on Whiteblaze.
    Well, obviously, huh ? The Museum's mission is to preserve the history of the Appalachian Trail, not to run popularity polls or contests . Any "survey" always includes by its' very nature an accounting or tallying process, the rub is in the manner the information, so gleaned, is put to use . Also, notice the folks on the committee, among them ~ Noel"The Singing Horseman" - long known for his judgement with ALDHA issues; J. R. "Model-T" Tate -author of 2 Appalachian Trail books of which The Ghoust Whisperers/ Tales and Legends of the Appalachian Trail is, in truth, a reference book of some of the Appalchian Trail's historical vignettes . These are people not prone to value results of a popularity contest over historical substance, I submit ? Everyone must understand that, as even the survey's link language implies ("SURVEYMONKEY") this IS A SURVEY in order to gain nominees for further investigation by the committee .

"RW"

PS: SEE BELOW FOR YOUR CHANCE TO JOIN US AND SUPPORT THE APPALCHAIN TRAIL MUSEUM WITH FINANCIAL AND/OR VOLUNTEER SUPPORT (BOTH ARE NEEDED) :

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++