WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Red Wolf, you're preaching to the choir (me). It's the ones that are opposed to the Hall of Fame you need to direct your energy.

Default In agreement .

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Red Wolf, you're preaching to the choir (me). It's the ones that are opposed to the Hall of Fame you need to direct your energy.
    Oh, I know that ~and thanks, by the way.
    As you can see from what you said and my reply,

Originally Posted by Sly
    I don't know how they're going to do it but...

If the committee goes by popular nomination in the initial three years everyone's fears will have been realized. I trust the committee to make their selections on their better judgement. Benton MacKaye gets in before the guy with the most posts on Whiteblaze.

And my reply, " Well, obviously, huh ? "

I know we agree, I was just posting for the benefit of those opposed and following this thread and , in the hopes, they reconsider their positions and join the Museum's efforts to preserve our A.T. history . ~ RW

[QUOTE=Red Wolf;1091799] HALL OF FAME ~ MULTI-CITY NEWS RELEASES !
    The following was just received by me this morning and I wanted to pass it along to you ~ FYI

"Attached is a sampling of coverage that we have received on establishing the Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame. To check all story listings via Google, just type Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame Established in the Google search box. We are anticipating a story in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette; I will send that along once it appears. ................"

~ just got this from Joe this morning and wanted to post it:

"The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article on the Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame that I mentioned in my last e-mail to you is attached. FYI.

Joe Patterson
    Communications Committee
    Appalachian Trail Museum Society"

~see attachments below (2nd. one is a printable membership/donation form) :
    Robert RW
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs up Excerpts from recent Museum President's letter

EXCERPTS FROM PRESIDENT'S LETTER ~1/17/2011 ~ (FYI):

"Museum,

I wanted to update everyone on some things that have been happening with the Museum in the offseason.

Fundraising

First, we had a record year-end fund raising appeal. I don’t have final numbers; Rich has been very sick for a couple of weeks. But the latest figures showed we have raised more than $10,000 toward our $50,000 challenge grant. We have also submitted several grants but need more fundraising ideas."
    ~ see attachment below for a printable membership / donation form ($40,000 aprox. to go for our matching grant of $50,000 ! ) ~

"Hall of Fame

We have also been making progress on the June festival and the Hall of Fame banquet. Jim Foster has headed a committee on the Hall of Fame and the banquet. The group has decided that the first Hall of Fame banquet will be at Allenberry (in Boiling Springs) on Friday, June 17. Ticket prices will be $30 for members and $40 for non-members. We plan to announce the initial class that night as well as honoring Museum volunteers. The entertainer will be Pennsylvania Jack, www.pajack.com, a story teller and retired state park manager. The master of ceremonies will be Cumberland County Commissioner Rick Rovegno, who spoke at the grand opening. Before the banquet, we will have a reception for volunteers and donors. Larry K. is organizing a silent auction for the evening and would welcome any contributions or ideas. The Cumberland County Visitors’ Bureau has been active in helping with the arrangements including the design work for our promotional materials for the banquet.

In the first week of January, Joe sent out a press release on the Hall of Fame. As we’ve come to expect from Joe, we’ve gotten a tremendous response, with articles in many newspapers. We’ve already gotten dozens of nominations for the Hall.

Festival

For the festival, we are still considering ideas. We are planning to have fundraising hikes on Saturday, tables for clubs and vendors and programs in the afternoon. Among the ideas are for an ice cream contest and a trail cooking contest and something for thru-hikers. In addition, since that Sunday is Father’s Day, we are thinking of some family activities and activities for children. Another idea is for something related to the arts, such as a photo contest or exhibit."
    ~note: the Appalachian Trail Museum Trail Festival is scheduled for June 17 - 19 onsite at the Museum in Pine Grove Furnace State Park, PA~

"Programs,

Gwen has been working hard on programs for our second season and is trying to get a wide variety of programming for Sunday afternoons. If you have any ideas for programs or presenters please contact her. She is also looking for people who’d like to help her in arranging programs or serving as program hosts."
    ~contact Gwen at [email protected] ~

"Volunteers

Margy is working to organize volunteers for the upcoming season. Last year we were able to open the Museum for all the advertised hours as well as a lot of extra time. This year our season extends two month so it will be an additional challenge. We had the most trouble filling weekend slots so if any of you are available, even for a shift or two, please let Margy know. This year we will have several people traveling long distances to spend a week or more helping at the Museum. Last year we had a great intern handle many shifts as well. Last year Margy’s primary responsibility was arranging for staffing the Museum. Recognizing that in practice her responsibilities were much broader, we have settled on a new title for her of Manager, Appalachian Trail Museum. Margy did a tremendous job of getting everything organized in the Museum’s first year."
    ~ volunteers needed to serve as docents (greeters at the Museum) and to help with renovations and other tasks
    if you can contribute time to assist us in these capacities, please contact us by phone at (717) 486 - 8126 or by email at [email protected]

"Website

With input from myself and others, Alan has redesigned our website, atmuseum.org. It has a simpler, easier to navigate design and more pictures and videos. It is still a work in progress so please give us your comments and suggestions.

Collections

Larry K. has organized the collection at the Old Mill and is looking for good local storage space for our growing collection.

Jim has scheduled the next meeting of the Hall of Fame Banquet Committee for 2 p.m. Feb. 11 at Pine Grove. Everyone is welcome and let him know if you’ll plan to come. Our spring annual Museum societymeeting will be at 9 a.m. April 10 at Pine Grove. The weekend of April 30-May 1 will be the Hammock Hang. We’ll also be participating in many events and festivals at the park this year including Earth Day on April 23, National Trails Day on June 4, National Get Outdoors Day on June 11, the South Mountain Festival on Sept. 3 and the Fall Furnace Fest on Oct. 14-16. The Museum will also have a workshop at exhibit at the ATC biennial in Virginia in July. Earlier this month we had a meeting with our partners at the park and look forward to closer collaboration in the years ahead. "

Thankyou, all our Appalachain Trail Museum supporters,

Robert Croyle RW

Default Hall of Fame ~ news

A. T. HALL OF FAME

Watch for news update for the Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame ~ ALL A. T. Museum members with emails already know what this annoucement is since they received it within the last two days. It will be posted publicly once the H of F Committee gives the go ahead.

HAPPY TRAILS !

Robert Croyle RW
    A. T. Museum, Membership Secretary
    [email protected]

Journal Entries
    Images

Red wolf is it possible for the AT muesum to start thru hiker breakfasts or Dinners to raise funds? I am not trying to be smart just offering a suggestion maybe. I'd like to see it prosper and become what everyone has envisioned.
    My love for life is quit simple .i get uo in the moring and then i go to bed at night. What I do inbween is to occupy my time. Cary Grant

Quote Originally Posted by hobbs View Post
    Red wolf is it possible for the AT muesum to start thru hiker breakfasts or Dinners to raise funds? I am not trying to be smart just offering a suggestion maybe. I'd like to see it prosper and become what everyone has envisioned.
    At the museum???

I don't think it would be appropriate there because it would take away from the Park stores business.

When I was a kid, I had family members that were invited to "banquets" all the time, sometimes political events, sometimes charity ones.

Some of them were pretty fancy shmancy and no doubt cost a pretty penny to throw. I often wondered how much money was left over afterwards for the cause in question.

Perhaps instead of throwing a swank party to honor something a lot of folks have mixed feelings about (i.e. the Hall of Fame), folks that want to support something that there are NO mixed feelings about (the wonderful A.T. Museum) should simply cut the Museum a check and put it in the mail.

Oh, and Mary's last point is well taken; the camp store is a revenue maker-for the Park and we would not make ourselves any friends by cutting into those funds.

Default Conflicts of interest

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelmary View Post
    At the museum???

I don't think it would be appropriate there because it would take away from the Park stores business.
    Mary, you are absolutely correct because the Store is just across the road. Plus, I know for a fact that $35,000 gift was offered for the Museum to have a shelter on site, but that was turned down because of conflict with Ironmaster's Mansion Hostel and the fact that there are pay-for-stay campsites in the State Park ~ ALL "conflicts of interest" that the Museum seeks to avoid as a good neighbor to our friends there in the State Park.

Robert RW

Arrow Hall of Fame survey deadline soon !

Hall of Fame Surveys Need to Be Submitted !

This news release was posted this morning by Joe Patterson, A. T. Museum communications manager, and will go out to many hiker related publications. The committtee is pleased, having received many surveys, but wish to make sure everyone has the opportunity to give their selection of candidates for this exhibit.

Best,

Robert RW

NEWS RELEASE
    February 28, 2011

Deadline Nearing for Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame Nominations

GARDNERS, PA. -- Hikers and hiking enthusiasts nationwide have until Thursday, March 31, to submit nominations for the first inductees into the Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame.
    "We have been very pleased with nominations so far, but we want to make sure we do not miss someone because a nomination is not received on time," said Jim Foster, chairman of the Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame Committee. "Those eligible for consideration include anyone who has made a major contribution to the Appalachian Trail, or otherwise has advanced the cause of the Appalachian Trail. A list of persons nominated as of February 28, 2011, can be viewed at the museum’s website at http://www.atmuseum.org We encourage folks to continue sending in nominations, regardless of whether the person you’d like to nominate has already been named or not.”
    The Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame is being established by the Appalachian Trail Museum Society to recognize those who have made a significant contribution toward establishing and maintaining the 2,181 mile footpath that passes through 14 states from Maine to Georgia.
    Nominations, according to official Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame criteria, include, without limitation, pioneers who conceived of and developed the trail; those who organized or directed major trail organizations like the Appalachian Trail Conservancy and the Appalachian Trail maintaining clubs; longtime trail maintainers; leaders who promoted and protected the Appalachian Trail; hikers who have made significant accomplishments, and other persons who have enriched the culture or community of the Appalachian Trail by their association with it.
    Nominations may be submitted at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/63PYPCT

The first class of inductees will be announced at the Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame Banquet on Friday, June 17, at the Allenberry Resort in Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania. The banquet will be a part of the first Appalachian Trail Museum Festival, an event that will celebrate the museum and its opening on June 5, 2010, as the first museum in the United States dedicated to hiking. During its first year, the museum attracted more than 8,000 visitors from 48 states and 18 countries.
    Located in Pine Grove Furnace State Park and at the midway point of the Appalachian Trail, the museum is across from the Pine Grove General Store on Pennsylvania Route 233. The museum is open from noon to 4 p.m. daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day and on weekends from noon to 4 p.m. in the spring and fall.

About the Appalachian Trail Museum Society
    The Appalachian Trail Museum Society, a 501-C-3 not-for-profit organization formed in 2002, organizes programs, exhibits, volunteers and fundraising nationwide for the Appalachian Trail Museum. The museum opened on June 5, 2010, as a tribute to the thousands of men, women and families who have hiked and maintained the 2,181 mile long hiking trail that passes through 14 states from Maine to Georgia. Located in the Pine Grove Furnace State Park in Gardners, Pennsylvania, the museum is conveniently near Carlisle, Gettysburg and Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. Additional information is available at www.atmuseum.org.

Arrow Hall of Fame Banquet / Public Annoucement

APPALACHIAN TRAIL HALL OF FAME BANQUET ~ ALL INVITED !

Dear Museum Friends,

I want to relay to you this info about the upcoming Hall of Fame Banquet and to extend to you an invitation to come and join us on this June evening for some fine food, entertainment, hiker camaradie, and the celebration for the first inductees to the A. T. Museum's Hall of Fame exhibit !

See you there,

Robert Croyle " Red Wolf o'da Smoky's "
    A. T. Museum, membership secretary
    [email protected]

Event Details

First Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame Banquet to be Held on June 17

Dear Members and Friends of the Appalachian Trail Museum:

It is a pleasure to invite you to the first annual Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame Banquet on Friday evening, June 17, 2011. This will be the opening event of the Appalachian Trail Museum Annual Festival Weekend. The banquet will be held at the famous Allenberry Resort Inn and Playhouse, located just a few steps from the Appalachian Trail in Boiling Springs, PA.

The banquet will begin at 7 p.m. Cumberland County Commissioner Rick Rovegno will serve as Master of Ceremonies, and entertainment will be provided by Pennsylvania Jack, a renowned storyteller. The keynote of the evening will be the announcement of the inaugural class of the Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame. The many volunteers who have made the museum's first year a phenomenal success will also be recognized.

A reception with a cash bar will precede the Banquet, beginning at 6 p.m., with musical entertainment by The New South Mountain Ramblers. During the reception we will hold a silent auction.

We are offering a limited number of banquet tickets to members of the Appalachian Trail Museum at the discounted price of $30 per person. Museum members may purchase up to 4 tickets at this discounted price. On March 1, we will officially announce the Banquet. At that time, tickets will be offered to the public at the regular price of $40 per person. Seating is limited.

To purchase discounted tickets, you may EITHER

- Follow this link to the special eventbrite ticketing site we have established: http://athalloffame.eventbrite.com/

OR

- Mail your ticket request and payment check to this address:

Appalachian Trail Museum
    Hall of Fame Tickets
    1120 Pine Grove Road
    Gardners, PA 17324

We have established a special email address for questions concerning the Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame Banquet: [email protected]

Allenberry has reserved a block of rooms for Banquet attendees. For more information on Allenberry and to reserve a room, call 1-800-430-5468 or (717) 258-3211, or go to http://www.allenberry.com/

About the Appalachian Trail Museum

The Appalachian Trail Museum, a 501-C-3 not-for-profit organization formed in 2002, organizes programs, exhibits, volunteers and fundraising nationwide for the Appalachian Trail Museum. The museum opened on June 5, 2010, as a tribute to the thousands of men, women and families who have hiked and maintained the 2,181 mile long hiking trail that passes through 14 states from Maine to Georgia. Located in the Pine Grove Furnace State Park in Gardners, Pennsylvania, the museum is conveniently near Carlisle, Gettysburg and Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. Additional information is available at www.atmuseum.org/

About Pennsylvania Jack
    For more on Jack Graham, a/k/a Pennsylvania Jack, visit his website: www.pajack.com/

discounted tickets for members: use attached membership form and get your Museum membership AND your H of F Banquet tickets at the SAME time (i.e. $30 per ticket is price to Museum members plus $20 annual membership dues = TOTAL $50 for your Museum membership card AND one H of F Banquet ticket) NOTE: this is for USPS MAIL ONLY ~ RW

Thumbs up March 10, 2011 Museum news release ~ 2nd. season

NEWS RELEASE ! ~ 2nd. SEASON'S A. T. MUSEUM PLANS !

FYI. I want to pass along to you this news release; it was just made yesterday by Joseph Patterson, Museum Media Contact ! Following it and at the bottom of the page is a membership / donor form for your convenience (if you have not already joined us or if you wish to help us with your donation).

Please note the schedule of Museum programs for this summer in the news release.

Many thanks,
    Robert Croyle " Red Wolf o'da Smoky's "
    A. T. Museum, membership secretary
    [email protected]

NEWS RELEASE
    March 10, 2011

Appalachian Trail Museum Plans for Second Season

GARDNERS, PA. -- A section of the Appalachian Trail is being relocated from its current location near the Appalachian Trail Museum in Pine Grove Furnace State Park so it passes by the museum's front door.
    "This is just one of many exciting changes that we are working on before we open the museum for its second season on Saturday, April 2," said Larry Luxenberg. president of the Appalachian Trail Museum Society. "Second phase development and new exhibits are being planned, and we have an extensive effort underway to offer programs on Sunday afternoons for all ages, especially children. Of course, all of this takes resources."
    Luxenberg said the museum board of directors and others are actively seeking financial contributions in order to receive a $50,000 matching grant that has been offered to the museum. In order to receive the $50,000, a like amount needs to be raised from other sources. The Appalachian Trail Museum depends completely on private donations for operating funds.
    Equally important is the need for volunteers to serve as museum docents, maintenance team members and program leaders. Luxenberg said program leaders will educate the public, inspire young people, entertain children, preserve the Appalachian Trail’s natural environment, spotlight the trail's rich history, acknowledge the trail's pioneer hikers, and in general celebrate all those who contribute to the Appalachian Trail community.

Gwen Loose, program chair for the museum, said preliminary plans for season two programs include:
    • Story-telling, songs and activities for children
    • Arts and crafts on the Appalachian Trail (photography, painting, handcrafts)
    • Natural features of the Appalachian Trail
    • Trail maintenance techniques
    • Hiker skills and equipment - past and present
    • Shelter building
    • History of Appalachian Trail maintaining clubs
    • Pioneer hiker profiles and why they are important
    • First person hiking experiences and accomplishments
    Other topics are invited, and they may be submitted to [email protected] for consideration. Anyone interested in being an Appalachian Trail Museum volunteer may respond to [email protected] or 717-486-4083.

Additionally, Loose said there probably will be hikes led by program leaders who will tie a hike to a specific topic, such as plants and other life along the Appalachian Trail.

Luxenberg said that when the museum held its grand opening on June 5, 2010, complete with state and Appalachian Trail Conservancy dignitaries, more than 750 attended and this was a terrific start. During its first season, from June through October 2010, the Appalachian Trail Museum attracted 8,300 visitors from across the United States and internationally. It also drew praise from the media and tourism officials.

Located in a 200-year-old, restored grist mill in historic Pine Grove Furnace State Park and at the midway point of the 2,181-mile-long Appalachian Trail, the museum is across from the Pine Grove General Store on Pennsylvania Route 233 in Cumberland County.
    About the Appalachian Trail Museum Society The Appalachian Trail Museum Society, a 501-C-3 not-for-profit organization formed in 2002, organizes programs, exhibits, volunteers and fundraising nationwide for the Appalachian Trail Museum. The museum opened on June 5, 2010, as a tribute to the thousands of men, women and families who have hiked and maintained the 2,181 mile long hiking trail that passes through 14 states from Maine to Georgia. Located in the Pine Grove Furnace State Park in Gardners, Pennsylvania, the museum is conveniently near Carlisle, Gettysburg and Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. Additional information is available at www.atmuseum.org.

AT MUSEUM 2011 PROGRAM SCHEDULE (partial listing)

ALL PROGRAMS ARE AT 1:00 PM, unless otherwise noted

April 10 Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association Day at the museum
    April 30 - May 1 Hammock Hang
    May 15 Mountain laurel & wild flower walk
    May 22 Susquehanna Appalachian Trail Club Day at the Museum
    May 29 Cumberland Valley Appalachian Trail Club Day at the Museum
    June 5, 9:00 AM Hike from Appalachian Trail Museum (contact museum for details)
    June 5 Day Hiking 101: the essentials of day hiking
    June 12 Children's story time: learn about the animals of the Appalachian Trail
    June 17, 7:00 PM Appalachian Trail Hall of Fame Banquet at Allenberry Resort in Boiling Springs
    June 17-19 Appalachian Trail Museum Festival
    July 3 "Open Mic" hiking stories by Appalachian Trail hikers
    July 17 Family music concert
    July 31 The explorers of Michaux State Forest: a Civil War soldier camping tradition continues
    August 7 Early days of the Potomac Appalachian Trail Club
    September 4 Mountain Club of Maryland Day at the museum

MEDIA CONTACT
    Joe Patterson
    Appalachian Trail Museum Society
    717-823-7556
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    www.atmuseum.org

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    Mary, you are absolutely correct because the Store is just across the road. Plus, I know for a fact that $35,000 gift was offered for the Museum to have a shelter on site, but that was turned down because of conflict with Ironmaster's Mansion Hostel and the fact that there are pay-for-stay campsites in the State Park ~ ALL "conflicts of interest" that the Museum seeks to avoid as a good neighbor to our friends there in the State Park.

Robert RW
    We do have a shelter on site Peter's Mountain Could that gift offer maybe used in another manner?

Quote Originally Posted by BAG "o" TRICKS View Post
    We do have a shelter on site Peter's Mountain Could that gift offer maybe used in another manner?
    "HA,HA,HAooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! ~OPPS!", ~The marquee exhibit for the Museum's Grand Opening was the Earl Shaffer Shelter from Peters Mouintain in Pennsylvania. The last surviving shelter built by Earl's own hand, this structure was lovingly disassembled by a team of volunteers and rebuildt INSIDE the Musem ~kind'ah hard to stay there at night after the Museum closes, huh ? The donor who offered the $35,000 awhile back, wanted a shelter, which could be occupied by hikers like any regular trail shelter, but at the Museum itself so there could be more interaction between non-hiker visitors and the A.T. hikers. That was his ONLY interest, apparently, in making that monetary offer. ~ RW

The MATCHING-THE-$50,000-GRANT CAMPAIGN continues ~see donor / membership form below, please ~ RW

Thumbs up Hall of Fame ~ National Parks Magazine article

HALL of FAME article ~ NOMINATION DEADLINE SOON !

Here is a recent article sent by Joe Patterson, Museum Media Contact . He relayed its' appearance in several national media venues of which this is one. ~please see attachment.

Best,
    Robert RW

ps: Here is the link to the site where you can make your nomination, if you have not already : http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/63PYPCT
    ~note the instruction: "Please only nominate one person."

Smile Recent news: Museum & Pine Grove Furnace St. Park

MUSEUM FUNDS RAISED & PINE GROVE FURNACE NAMED PA 2010 STATE PARK !

From the A. T. Museum treasurer's records, I calculate aproximately $16,502 raised since November; these funds count toward the matching grant and include the funds raised by the Appalachian Trail Museum's end-of-the-year-mailing fundraiser. Many thanks to eveyone who joined our efforts with their financial support to help save our Appalachian Trail history and to help us grow into the best Appalachian Trail Museum possible. As we approach the opening of the Museum for the 2011 season, we are looking forward to a year of further progress, filled with new and interesting programs and special events (especially the A. T. Museum Trail Festival in June) ! You always have a cordial welcome at our Museum's door by Margy Schmidt, Gwen Loose, or any of a number of our volunteer docents ~ you are promised an enjoyable experience. The entrance fee is a donation box . You are encouraged, if not already a current, 2011 A. T. Museum member, to become one now (see printable attachment or pay online at www.atmuseum.org please) .

The following went out today by Joe Patterson, Museum Media Contact:
    The attached news release is being sent out today to local, regional and national media and hiking clubs. Congratulations to Jason Zimmerman and his team at Pines Grove Furnace State Park!

Joe Patterson
    Communications Committee
    Please see attachment below for this article about Pine Grove Furnace State Park being named Pennsylvania's 2010 State Park !

HAPPY TRAILS !

Robert " Red Wolf o'da Smoky's " Croyle
    Appalachian Trail Museum, Membership Secretary
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    MUSEUM FUNDS RAISED & PINE GROVE FURNACE NAMED PA 2010 STATE PARK !

From the A. T. Museum treasurer's records, I calculate aproximately $16,502 raised since November; these funds count toward the matching grant and include the funds raised by the Appalachian Trail Museum's end-of-the-year-mailing fundraiser. Many thanks to eveyone who joined our efforts with their financial support to help save our Appalachian Trail history and to help us grow into the best Appalachian Trail Museum possible. As we approach the opening of the Museum for the 2011 season, we are looking forward to a year of further progress, filled with new and interesting programs and special events (especially the A. T. Museum Trail Festival in June) ! You always have a cordial welcome at our Museum's door by Margy Schmidt, Gwen Loose, or any of a number of our volunteer docents ~ you are promised an enjoyable experience. The entrance fee is a donation box . You are encouraged, if not already a current, 2011 A. T. Museum member, to become one now (see printable attachment or pay online at www.atmuseum.org please) .

The following went out today by Joe Patterson, Museum Media Contact:
    The attached news release is being sent out today to local, regional and national media and hiking clubs. Congratulations to Jason Zimmerman and his team at Pines Grove Furnace State Park!

Joe Patterson
    Communications Committee
    Please see attachment below for this article about Pine Grove Furnace State Park being named Pennsylvania's 2010 State Park !

HAPPY TRAILS !

[email protected]

APPALACHIAN TRAIL MUSEUM OPENS 2011 SEASON ! ~ SPRING HOURS

More info at : www.atmuseum.org

HAPPY TRAILS ! ~ RW

Thumbs up A. T. Museum opens tomorrow for 2011 season

Appalachian Trail Museum Opens for Second Season

The Appalachian Trail Museum opens its second season tomorrow with exciting plans. The Museum will introduce several new exhibits in the next few months including historic signs of the Trail and artifacts of the founders. In addition, we will have a series of programs on Sunday afternoons. On June 17 to 20, we will have the Museum’s Festival and Hall of Fame Banquet. In late April we will host the Midatlantic Hammock Hang.

We are in the midst of a fund-raising drive. We received a $50,000 matching challenge grant and we are not quite halfway to that goal. A donation form is attached for your convenience. As a completely independent non-profit group, we are supported completely by donations and grants. You are encouraged, if not already a current, 2011 A. T. Museum member, to become one now (see printable attachment or pay online at www.atmuseum.org

We also are staffed and run by volunteers and welcome your help. Please inquire at [email protected] or 717-486-8126 for more information.
    The attached press release was sent out recently by Joe Patterson, Museum Media Contact:
    Congratulations to Jason Zimmerman and his team at Pines Grove Furnace State Park! See attached article about Pine Grove Furnace State Park being named Pennsylvania's 2010 State Park of the Year.
    Happy Trails,

[email protected]

Arrow Hammock Hang ~ Sat. April 30, 10am to 4pm

HAMMOCK HANG PROGRAM AT MUSEUM ~ SAT, APRIL 30, 10am to 4pm !

The attached news release is going out to the news media and the hiking clubs via Joseph Patterson, Museum Media Contact. See the list of programs planned for the Appalachian Trail Museum's 2011 season at the end of this article.

Happy Trails !

Robert "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's" Croyle
    [email protected]
    www.atmuseum.org

anyone have any information on the AT museum or anything going on with that? sorry if its allready been mentioned, i cant find my demagnification glasses anywhere. is red wolf still involved with the museum in any way?
    matthewski

Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++