WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

redwolfs hostel! (a planned hiker retirement community)
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    sly,...leave him. hes old. we need the oil his body will produce. lol

and untill that day, redwolf will weild his mighty powers of bemazement as he sees fit lest he snach your lungs and use them for heself. do you sir sly relize the engulfment of your besightings?thisy heres redwolf! he can kill us all with one wave of his cruch.you know he can. we all know redwolf aint from around here. hes one of them others. but hes too powerful to mess with or they would a got him by now. and hes quite nice!lol.
    matty love lwolff redwolf and yes, even stumblewolf.

comon sly, hes a large magic elf or somethin, you know it.

Yea sure
    , will do! U R right, I should have known better!

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Not for nothing Red Wolf but your use of large fonts, different size fonts, underlines, bold, colors, tildes and symbols for words make your posts harder to read than the default. It also comes across as aggressive.
    Sly, thanks for the personal, constructive message .
    RW

Cool Year-end Museum mailing complete !

Just completed the A. T. Museum's year-end mailing ! ...whuuuueeeeeeee ........ Posted the last letter yesterday and forwarded 3 returned ones ~~ only a total of aproximately 1200 mailed . Also, over 225 email letters were sent out in the recent past .

WONDERFULLY for the Museum, Margy (the Museum's manager) told me she has already been getting loads of letters with checks to forward to the treasurer, Rich Evans !

From Rich's recent deposits, I see one really nice donation, an addition to the "A2 Society Level"
    ($1,000) of the DONOR FUND plaque ! This is a permanent plaque which will be on display in the Museum . Donations to it, as well as ALL donations and memberships count toward the $50,000 Matching-Grant .

DONOR FUND PLAQUE :
    DEADLINE = DEC. 31, 2010 ~ LESS < 2 WEEKS ! ! !

MERRY CHRISTMASS !

Robert LaRoche Croyle " Red Wolf o'da Smoky's "
    Appalachian Trail Museum, Membership Secretary

note: donation/membership forms are in attachments to earlier posts in this same FORUM thread ~ RW

Arrow ten ~ nine ~ eight ~ seven.......................

COUNTDOWN BEGINS TODAY ! ! !
    The countdown for inclusion on the DONOR FUND PLAQUE is at the "10,9,8,7..." phase ~ there is STILL TIME ( as long as your letter is postmarked by December 31, 2010, you will be included ) .

Appalachian Trail Museum Friend,

In the last two months, the A. T. Museum entered into an agreement with an
    anonymous donor who has offered us a $50,000 matching-grant . All monies
    from memberships, donations,etc. forward from now will count to match this
    $50,000 grant . As we raise committed funds, there will be disbursements of
    of pre-agreed funding amounts to the A. T. Museum from the grant. This will
    allow us to procede with the renovations to our building needed to open the
    2nd., 3rd., and basement floors to use !

Please review carefully the attached "Progress Report" and the attached
    membership/donor form . NOTE: All donations at a $50 or more level will have
    a listing on a PERMANENT plaque in the Museum plus will receive a one-year
    A. T. Museum membership ~~~ DEADLINE IS DEC. 31, 2010 ~~~
    (please see the two attachments) ~~0 0~~

Sincerly,

Robert Croyle "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's"
    Appalachian Trail Museum, membership secretary

Not for nothing Red Wolf but your use of large fonts, different size fonts, underlines, bold, colors, tildes and symbols for words make your posts harder to read than the default. It also comes across as aggressive.
    Aren't wolves supposed to be aggressive? Law of the jungle, and all that... Now, I'm off to my eye doctor...lol

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    sly,...leave him. hes old. we need the oil his body will produce. lol

and untill that day, redwolf will weild his mighty powers of bemazement as he sees fit lest he snach your lungs and use them for heself. do you sir sly relize the engulfment of your besightings?thisy heres redwolf! he can kill us all with one wave of his cruch.you know he can. we all know redwolf aint from around here. hes one of them others. but hes too powerful to mess with or they would a got him by now. and hes quite nice!lol.
    matty love lwolff redwolf and yes, even stumblewolf.

comon sly, hes a large magic elf or somethin, you know it.
    Agreed, on all points.... not sure about the oil though.... unless the next car I buy is bio-deisel

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    Joined today.
    Me Too !!!

CG

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Goose View Post
    Me Too !!!

CG
    Well, not exactly. I joined in the spring and just added to my initial donation. But, RW's enthusiasm and determination are just too much to overcome, just like Matthewski implies. I was powerless to resist!

CG Honk!

Arrow nine ~ eight ~ seven ~ six ~ ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Goose View Post
    Well, not exactly. I joined in the spring and just added to my initial donation. But, RW's enthusiasm and determination are just too much to overcome, just like Matthewski implies. I was powerless to resist!

CG Honk!
    "OOOOOOOoooooooO! ! !"

Thanks Canada Goose for your support of our Appalachian Trail Museum .

Sly, how about digging down in that "critiqueing pocket" of you'rn and tossing the Red Wolf a little morsel (a $20 membership ~ I promise you a membership card with Katahdin on it ! ).

T-minus 9 days left ! ~ DEC. 31 DEADLINE

To be included on the GRAND OPENING DONOR FUND plaque, your donation must be postmarked by 12/31/2010 . This plaque will have a prominent and permanent display in our Appalachian Trail Museum ! Donations earmarked for plaque inclusion may ALSO BE GIVEN AS GIFTS to the person of your choice ( we already have several given as Christmas gifts ) .

Please, make use of the printable form in the attachment below NOW :

Sincerly,

Robert Croyle "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's"
    A.T. Museum, Membership Secretary
    [email protected]
    602 Pennsylvania Avenue / Savannah, GA 31404
    Last edited by Sly; 12-23-2010 at 15:26. Reason: stretched board

I get your enthusiasm for the museum. Maybe if you didn't make cartoonish posts that I complained about earlier AND now stretch the board because of your string of O's I'd join but for now you can forget about it.

Arrow eight ~ seven ~ six ~ five ..............................

STILL TIME 4 UR LISTING ON MUSEUM'S DONOR FUND PLAQUE (~barely~) !

Donations intended to count for one's inclusion on the Grand Opening Donor Fund plaque must be postmarked by December 31, 2010 .

Plaque will be permanently displayed in Appalachian Trail Museum in a prominent location (per Larry Luxenberg, Museum President) .

Already there is the Charter Member plaque on display there since the Museum's grand opening (June 5 ~ National Trails Day) , and this Donor Fund plaque will join it in its' display for years to come !

What a great day it was there last June ~ many of the notables of the Appalachian Trail were there . A similar event, the A.T. Museum Trail Festival is planned there for June 17 - 19, 2011 .

Special programs are planned for every Sunday this coming season at the Museum . The hit of the special programs last season was the talk given by the Barefoot Sisters, which drew a large crowd well over 100 ! The Museum is planned to become an intregal part of the life of the A.T. and of the hiker community . PLEASE JOIN US in this effort by a simple $20 membership or, if finances allow, a larger donation ~ NOTE: all $50 or more donations include a one-year Museum membership .
    ~ see membership / donor form in attachment below~

MANY THANKS,

Robert LaRoche Croyle
    "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's"
    A.T. Museum, Membership Secretary
    [email protected]

Smile Museum President's note (today 12/23/2010) !

EXCERPTS FROM PRESIDENT'S NOTE (TODAY) !
    "I wanted to wish everyone a great holiday season. We had a terrific year. So many people worked so hard to pull this off and it couldn’t have been better.

With what we have in store, our second season should build on what we’ve accomplished. By April we should have the Katahdin, Springer and Center Point Knob signs installed and a big Museum sign outside and other improvements.

The Challenge Grant should transform the Museum, enabling us to occupy the entire Mill with quality exhibits and an enhanced visitor experience. We have been making some progress on the fundraising campaign with our year end appeal (Robert Croyle). Joe Patterson has filed an application for a grant with M&T Bank and is working on several others. Anyone who has fundraising ideas or would like to approach a particular donor, that would be welcome.

Larry Knutson has agreed to take on the collections management. That’s a critical area for all museums and it’s great that he’s taking it on. If you’d like to help him, please send him your contact information. Also, please let him know if you are holding items for the collection. He is hoping to find climate controlled storage for us as close as possible to the museum, get a system in place for new acquisitions and get everything properly stored. He’s already done a good job straightening up the mess we had accumulated on the Mill’s second floor during the opening chaos.

Gwen Loose is working on our programs for the summer and if you have any ideas, please send them along to her. She’d also appreciate help in running the programs and in working on new activities for the children’s area..

In addition we are making progress on the Hammock Hang for the last weekend in April, the annual Festival June 17 to 19 and the Hall of Fame Banquet on June 17. We’ve signed up Pennsylvania Jack (pajack.com) as our entertainer for the banquet. Jack is a former park manager in Pennsylvania and tells historical stories. Jim Foster is chairing the banquet and is holding his next planning meeting Jan. 7 if anyone is interested. We could also use help in planning the festival. In addition, we will be participating in regular park activities for Earth Day, National Get Outdoors Day and the South Mountain Festival.

Alan Strakeljahn is working hard to revamp the website and would welcome input. Jeff is working on the new website for the hiker pictures and we hope to complete that in 2011.

Margy Schmidt soon will begin lining up volunteers for the new season. Please let her know if you are aware of anyone who’d like to sign up.

Again, thanks to everyone for pitching in..

Happy Holidays,

Larry "

CONTACT INFO:
    ~ [email protected]
    (717) 486 - 8126 c/o Margaret Schmidt

If you are not already a part of our Appalachian Trail Museum effort, please consider joining today ! AND, whether or not you are a member, please consider a donation ~ $50 or more will list you on the permanent DONOR FUND plaque to be prominently displayed in the Museum.~~~ see membership/donation form in attachment below:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ! & MERRY CHRISTMASS !

Robert LaRoche Croyle "Red Wolf o'da Smoky's"
    Appalachian Trail Museum, Membership Secretary
    [email protected]

Arrow 4 * * * 3 * * * 2 * * * .......................................

STILL TIME ~ DEADLINE 12/31/2010

YES, there is still time to get your listing on a plaque of the ORIGNAL GRAND OPENING DONORS , a plaque that will be viewed by the Appalachian Trail Community for YEARS TO COME ! All membership/donation forms need to be postmarked by midnight THIS FRIDAY ! ~see attachment below for a printable form~

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ~ MERRY 3rd. DAY of CHRISTMASS !
    R. LaRoche Croyle "RW"
    A.T. Museum, membership secretary
    [email protected]

Arrow 3 * * * 2 * * * 1 * * *........................................

STILL TIME ~ DEADLINE 12/31/2010

YES, still time to get your listing on a plaque of the ORIGINAL GRAND OPENING DONORS , a plaque that will be viewed by the Appalachian Trail Community for YEARS TO COME ! All membership/donation forms need to be postmarked by midnight THIS FRIDAY ! ~see attachment below for a Progress Report & a printable form~

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ~ MERRY 4th.DAY of CHRISTMASS !
    R. LaRoche Croyle "RW"
    A.T. Museum, membership secretary
    [email protected]

avatar= bushwhackin' mount kancamagus nh 5-8-04 neighbor dave's Avatar
    Images

i haven't read this thread through,(i'm just too busy), does anyone know when the deadline for donations is

Quote Originally Posted by neighbor dave View Post
    i haven't read this thread through,(i'm just too busy), does anyone know when the deadline for donations is
    I gave them your phone number, you should start getting a reminder about every 15 minutes until it's too late.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by neighbor dave View Post
    I gave them your phone number, you should start getting a reminder about every 15 minutes until it's too late.
    hahaha! it's been a while since i laughed out loud at an exchange on WB, thanks guys!
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

oh my god thats funny!

redwolf is whakked.he is one messed up dude!lol!
    matthewski

still laughing.
    matthewski

i belive we have a hall of famer.neighbor dave will go down in history.thats epic. thats gold jerry thats gold!!
    matthewski

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++