WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Registered User lazy river road's Avatar

Default VT/MA Border??? SOBO or NOBO

Im hikeing the LT this summer and going SOBO. I plan on reaching the Southern Termis in mid July. Then Ill have another week or so to continue hikeing along the AT. Im trying to decide if I want to do a week NOBO or a week SOBO from the VT/MA border. Im looking for lots of elevation change with scenic overlooks, I like hikeing up MT's but not so much down any ways suggestions any one.
    Half of the people can be part right all of the time,Some of the people can be all right part of the time. But all the people can't be all right all the time

I failed to think before I posted....If I go NOBO ill just be walking over the same trail on the AT/LT from which I just came from...Sorry for the mindlessness of this post I was not thinking. Moderator you can take down this post if you wish or leave it up for people to laugh at...its been a long day at work...and my mind has a mind of its own sometime...guess ill be continueing SOBO on the AT....
    Half of the people can be part right all of the time,Some of the people can be all right part of the time. But all the people can't be all right all the time

you'd be back tracking if you went north from the VT/MA. border as the A.T. & long trail share the same path for over a 100 miles or so. continue south(heading home) or hitch up towards the whites and have the views & mtns. you wanted

Images

Hike a little slower and problem solved.

Jeff I like your idea but I am already hikeing really slow adveradge 10-15 mi max a day. I am going to continue south, id love to go to the whites but but am not bouncing that way. I have a ride set up down south. How is the MA section of the AT

++ New Posts ++