WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Making some changes to my Nimbus Meridian

I have been enjoying my pack but I have some very small issues with it. I do not like the sleeves on the side that hold water bottles, rain gear and TP. I have looked at some of the other designs on ULA and Six Moon packs as well and would like to put some outside pockets. Any ideas on how to best make modifications to my pack?

Journal Entries
    Images

Buy an ULA or SixMoons.

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

I say go for it and get a ULA Catalyst or Circuit, whichever fits your needs better. Personally, I have a Catalyst and will be getting a Circuit after the first of the year.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

I really like my Granite Gear pack. Im not buying another pack. This one fits me better than any of those

Slowest Hiker On Earth

Let us know what you decide to do. I have the women's version and hate the side pockets. They don't hold much of anything. And I too would love to have a larger pocket on the outside to hold my rain jacket and tp.

be careful what you do with one of those. I realize they're different models but the one I started with exploded in the same area you're talking about modifying...in less than 500 miles. Does Granite Gear sell any exterior pockets that you could modify. I think the investment and possibility of ruining one of those far outweighs the chance of ruining a $200 pack.

One thing i've seen done that doesn't destroy those things...and might already be changed on yours since you have a new model...is the strap that goes over the pocket can be fished through/under the pocket if you cut two slits in the elastic webbing.

But again, be careful since they don't make those things to last.

A lot of manufactures make different size hip belt pockets. Search around and find the size you want. It looks like you should be able to thread one or both side compression straps through the belt loop on the new pocket. If that won't get it a mini biner may do the trick. You can sew a pocket permanent on most any pack. A carefully cut and seared button hole with a corresponding button is another idea. Where there's a will, there's a way. I have taken what's called a sail needle and whipped stitched, with snew( heavy wax coated string), a pair of pockets on a pack to try the location before permanent mounting. I still have a pack with extra pockets that has many trips on that I loan and the snew is fine.

Images

two tents isn't hadley pennsylvania where tom hanks said he was from in saving private ryan? where in the state is that located?
    " It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid." ~Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Yes I believe it was mentioned in the movie. It is in the northwest corner about halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie.

Images

neat. learn something everyday thanks for making me smile
    " It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid." ~Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

++ New Posts ++