WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: triple crown

Default triple crown

I'M try to see who's planing to triple crown 2010 if so when is your start date so far I'T about 10 of use that's planing to start around May 15.

Images

I think May 1 is more popular for a nobo (although I had to flip because May 1st was too early for the San Juans in 2008.)
    Rambler

On the off-chance you aren't already aware of these, have a look at the cdt-l discussion list and the 2010 CDT Yahoo Group.

I started May 1st nobo with the intentions of flipping from Glacier once I reached the San Juans. It was a very low snow year and was able to hike through CO with little snow. However, I picked up a couple weeks because northern NM was closed. Finished in Canada Sept 16th and did northern NM after, finishing in just over 5 months.

May 15th may be a better date (to reach CO) but expect it to get hot and you'll need to average about 23+ miles a day.

Some of us are going southbound, you should consider it! A couple people that I know of for sure are starting (right now planning to start anyway) southbound about June 15th.

I'm starting NOBO in late April at the Columbus NM terminus. Will leap frog or flip if snow necessitates.

Images

Me too. Nobo in late April from Crazy Cook if I can get there, else Columbus.
    Handlebar
    GA-ME 06; PCT 08; CDT 10,11,12; ALT 11; MSPA 12; CT 13; Sheltowee 14; AZT 14, 15; LT 15;FT 16;NCT-NY&PA 16; GET 17-18

Images

Hi Handlebar

Last year, Sam Hughes picked us up at the El Paso airport, let us camp in his yard, and took us out to CC for a reasonable shuttle fee. Meeting Sam, and getting his tour of the area, were definitely worth the effort.

I may still have his contact information. If you would like it, just send me an e-mail and I will take a look around.

++ New Posts ++