WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What can I do about a new member that is Harrassing me?

What can I do about a new member that is Harrassing me? This member has sent me 13 PMs in the last couple hours harrassing me. I have told them everytime that they need to just leave me alone but they dont listen. Any Mod that might read this please contact me so we can figure something out. Thanks for your time and have a Happy Holiday everyone! Hope Santa brings you all the new gear you can stand!!!

Images

Go to your user control panel and put them on ignore mode
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Whoa, sweet. I didnt know I could do that. Thanks. Will there posts still be visible by me? I dont even want to see there posts if I can keep from it.

Images

You will see their name w/o content. It takes an extra click to read their posts should you be inclined to
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

This member is know BLOCKED!!! Thank you Egads. WB will be ALOT smoother for me now. I just hope that this person doesnt cause any trouble with any other members here on Whiteblaze. I hate to see a person get on here and ruin it for people...

Either that, or you could start posting their PM's for all to see! They would get the hint really quick for sure!
    Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshStover View Post
    Whoa, sweet. I didnt know I could do that. Thanks. Will there posts still be visible by me? I dont even want to see there posts if I can keep from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egads View Post
    You will see their name w/o content. It takes an extra click to read their posts should you be inclined to
    If you lurk on a WB forum without signing in, you'll see the member's posts. The "ignore" blockage only works when you're signed in.

Images

Post the PMs here along with their user name.
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

or at least send them to an admin....

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    we even have a thread for that!:
    Stop harassing me. . .

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Stop harassing me. . .
    then quit being a douce...

I can't. . . .

oh...

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by warraghiyagey View Post
    Stop harassing me. . .
    you don't even exist. how can you be getting harassed?

Stop touching me. He's touching me! Stop touching me! WB he's touching me! Tell him to stop touching me! Kind of reminds me of those silly sibling rivalries in the back seat of the car!

Happy to hear he/she is not touching you anymore Josh! Got to love that Ignore Mode.

Images

I said I'm not touching you
    If you find yourself in a fair fight; your tactics suck.

you kids knock it off back there or i'm gonna turn this car aound and we'll never get to disneyworld!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbi View Post
    Either that, or you could start posting their PM's for all to see! They would get the hint really quick for sure!
    Usually, I'd never say that. But 13 pms in a couple hours? Post 'em. Post 'em now. And I'm curious...

You can also let a mod know- PM gator and see if he can do anything about it. (I think blocking is fine, but if this person is really harassing you, they'll probably do it to others and just continue to be a right pain up the royal arse. So, might as well report 'em.)
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )
    Various adventures in Siberia 2016
    Adventures past and present!
    (and maybe 2018 PCT NoBo)

Best way would be an extremely clever (not nasty) retort or comeback that puts em in their place so they're too embarrased to continue. Second best way would be the ignore button.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++