WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24
    Images

Roger that, I didn't want you to feel like I slighted you or any of my purist friends. It's never my intention. Although every time I see Jack I try to tempt him to hit some blue blazes.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock View Post
    Roger that, I didn't want you to feel like I slighted you or any of my purist friends. It's never my intention. Although every time I see Jack I try to tempt him to hit some blue blazes.
    And sometimes there are just better trails! There are some sections of the AT that are boring but the other blazes are where its at!

What some folks don't get is that I take blue-blazed and side Trails all the time and have for years, especially since I became more of a section hiker. I did some crazy stuff in the Smokies last Spring for example and saw some place I'd never seen. (and places I'll nver see again as I managed to get good and lost for half a day!).

And even in the old days, I'd explore side Trails, but I'd do them in ADDITION to the white blazes, as opposed to IN PLACE of them.

It's all good and it all works.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post
    What some folks don't get is that I take blue-blazed and side Trails all the time and have for years, especially since I became more of a section hiker. I did some crazy stuff in the Smokies last Spring for example and saw some place I'd never seen. (and places I'll nver see again as I managed to get good and lost for half a day!).

And even in the old days, I'd explore side Trails, but I'd do them in ADDITION to the white blazes, as opposed to IN PLACE of them.

Did you or have you done the Boulevard??? Awesome hike!!!

If that's the one up to Le Conte, yeah I did it years ago.

By accident.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    Did you or have you done the Boulevard??? Awesome hike!!!
    Well there was that one thru-hike he woke up at the lodge and didn't know hoe he got there.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tarlin View Post

Jack, did you make it to the Mt. Sterling fire tower? I hiked there last Fall as part of a 3-day trip. Really enjoyed seeing and (smelling) the balsam firs as we gained elevation.

Formerly Jaws2006
    Journal Entries

Default Unknown Hiker - disqualified

The Unknown Hiker (formerly Jaws) has only done three thru-hikes (2 SOBO and 1 NOBO).

However, he is getting ready to start a YOYO from Katahdin in July. If he finishes the whole thing - I guess that will count as five thru-hikes???

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24
++ New Posts ++