WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fredmugs View Post
    I'm hoping to hike NH in July and VT in Sept.
    Where are you hiking in NH in July ? If early July the black flies might be a nuisance .

Spray DEET on your clothes and on the brim of your cap.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

Wow, I thought I was the only one that suddenly got excited and started planning my hikes. So far, I'm thinking:
    Cheshire, MA to Wallingford, VT (August)
    Nolichucky River Area in TN (Feb)
    Hot Springs, NC area
    McAfee Knob Area in VA
    Big Bald Area in TN
    Southern PA (up to Carlisle)
    maybe a few other 2 day and 1 day hikes in GA, NC, or TN

Images

to Whiteblaze Ham-Bone.

When it comes to hiking we don't mess around.
    Getting lost is a way to find yourself.

21 day starting March 19,2010 Starting where I left off last October, Dicks Creek Gap in Ga. Going as far as I can in 21 days. Looking forward to it.

Images

Shutterbug, great iteniary. I am green with envy.
    Where are you hiking in Missouri? Just curious.

Journal Entries

Hope to do the following
    Black Forest Trial
    Dolly Sods
    Cranberry Wilderness
    Daninel Boon National Forest - Car Camp with Kids/Grandkids -Koomer Ridge Campground

Im planning on hiking the state of massachusetts section of the AT in late june or early july.

Images

I am section hiking the Florida Trail this year and doing my first section on the AT in May and I know once I do a section of the AT I will never be the same because I am totally obcessed with it and have read and studied everything I can only because if fills in my time until I can get on it. In my spare time for the fun of it I have been visiting Florida State Forests and doing the Trailwalkers Program which has taken me to alot areas I would never have considered so that has been fun.

My son is thinking of going to law school in Virginia and the first thing I looked for was the schools he mentioned and their proximity to the trail because I will be visiting him alot. I figure dinner with my son and a few days on the trail will be a good visit, now if I can get him hiking I would see him more.
    If you can’t fix it with duct tape or a beer; it ain’t worth fixing

The Long Trail, sometime this summer.

I know, I know - I said I was hiking this last year. This time it's definite. If I'm able to swing any additional unpaid time off, I'll probably try to do the Tuscarora Trail in autumn.
    "I too am not a bit untamed, I too am untranslatable,
    I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world." - W. W.

obligatory website link

Images

Hoping to hike out of Trotdale VA and head NOBO. Not before a few days in Damascus though to visit a few friends and get very drunk.

VT in the Spring and the Dacks this Fall !

Iv'e decided to ditch my filter finally as so to make room for more Irish Whiskey!

have an Amazing year out there all!!!
    ~ round here, KTR

I am going to hike the Batona Trail in Jersey as my first adventure. Then I will move onto hiking parts of the AT. I think I want to hike a section around the delaware water gap, I am also intersted in lehigh gap, so maybe I can do a hike between these two points.

I will start hiking Georgia next month and hope to finish it by the end of the year in three separate trips. Lots of weekend trips to state parks such as South Mountain and Stone Mountain in between. Plenty of day hiking at the local haunt (Lake Norman state park) as well. I plan on being a walking SOB this year.

Planning a sobo thru-hike of the CDT starting in mid-June! Can't wait!!!

Images

My latest craze is vintage travel trailers. Bought me a 1966 and taking it to the Smokies in May, and do some day hikes there. Sullivan lake, Indiana for a weekend, then maybe back on the AT for a few weeks in July
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Default Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Shutterbug, great iteniary. I am green with envy.
    Where are you hiking in Missouri? Just curious.
    I have a daughter who lives in Olathe, KS. I visit her several times a year and always look for places in Kansas and Missouri to hike. In Missouri, it is often along the Lewis and Clark Trail. I followed the Lewis and Clark Trail from near St. Louis all the way to the Pacific Ocean, but there are several places in Missouri where the trail has more than one path. (To make it clear, I didn't hike the entire length of the Lewis and Clark Trail. I drove it, but stopped daily along the way to hike for an hour or two.)

I am now in Arizona, enjoying some great January hiking. Yesterday I did a loop hike in Saguaro National Park. I love being outside.
    Shutterbug

Quote Originally Posted by 58starter View Post
    21 day starting March 19,2010 Starting where I left off last October, Dicks Creek Gap in Ga. Going as far as I can in 21 days. Looking forward to it.
    Assuming you are going north from there...that is where I go the most. Cheoh Bald is one of my favorite spots period. Great place to tent provided you don't need water and your tent is anchored good!

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Three trips planned for Springs thus far; Springer to Neel Gap in March, NOC to Winding Stair Gap for the April Fool's Bash and a yet unplanned hike into Damascus for Trail Days. I'm sure I can squeeze in a couple more hikes as well. Would like to finish GA this year before the hot weather smacks us in the face and knock out the Smokies in Autumn.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybgood View Post
    Where are you hiking in NH in July ? If early July the black flies might be a nuisance .

Spray DEET on your clothes and on the brim of your cap.

Not sure yet but I'm guess around or shortly after the 4th. It will largely depend on my hiking partner because I have no life and he does!

Thanks for the warning. I still haven't experienced the black fly menace yet. Is is worse than the No See Ums?
    Pain is a by-product of a good time.

Journal Entries

Default 2010 hike

PCT (+ 7 more characters so it'll post)

Registered User lazy river road's Avatar

The LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Trail , it will be my first long distance hike (not inclcuding the weekends im doing for pratice but for an extended amount of time longer then 2 nights) and im so stoked.
    Half of the people can be part right all of the time,Some of the people can be all right part of the time. But all the people can't be all right all the time

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++