WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

I have a 850 Down bag for cold weather and a synthetic bag for warm weather.

i have a liner and it does add warmth. tested it on a winter night without the liner in my 0deg down bag, then put the liner in and it added some significant warmth. i'd recommend getting one. i have the sea to summit thermolite reactor.

Quote Originally Posted by Edvvard View Post
    What is a good liner for a down bag to add warmth? I hear it mentioned, but never get examples
    Wear extra clothes in your bag instead of a liner. You can't walk around in a liner and sometimes they can be tough to get into and out of.
    I have a lightweight pair of down pants and a few different down and synthetic jackets that I can mix and match for extra warmth when I need it. Long underwear will keep your bag clean as long as the underwear itself is clean. Don't forget to wear something on your head. Oily hair can dirty a bag quickly.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by brightmix View Post
    If your friends jump off the Golden Gate Bridge, would you as well?
    What??????????????????????
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

I picked up a Marmot 15 deg Aspen Adventure down bag. Manufactured by Marmot exclusively for Dicks Sporting Goods. Cost me $119. Weighs 2lb 8oz and packs down fairly small. With acompression sack I could probably get it down even smaller. While it is only 600FP goose down, I have found it has done the job well and is almost exactly comparable to Marmot"s other 600FP bags at half the price. Plus Marmot stands behind this bag 100%. Just my 2 cents.

down all around

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++