WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Northbound in March 2010

I am hiking the trail starting in early March for a charity. The two buddies I was plannin on doin this thing with just dropped out so right now it's just me. I plan on doin the hike sober. Anyone interested in joining?

I am thruhiking too. I am leaving around march 21st. I am not a fast hiker so I doubt if I will catch you, but good luck and have fun.

Don't take this question wrong, but there is a question that pops into my mind every time I see the words 'hiking for charity" and I decided to just go ahead and ask it this time. Are you funding your own hike and sending the charity all the money you raise or is the charity funding your hike and you send them whatever is left over?

I'm still figuring out all the logistics but here is a little bit of what I am thinking...

I am partnering with a charity called Pay It Forward in San Antonio that helps get people who struggle with alcholism and addiction into sober living houses who can't afford it themselves. This is a big passion of mine because of my own past. I am going to send pledges out via mail and in person and the charity is also going to have a section for the hike on their website where people can do the pledges online. For the pledge sheets, there will be a few different options (penny per mile, nickel per mile, dime per mile, or x amount per mile). The charity will also make a blog for me with their logo on it and a link to the AT hike section on their website. I'm not 100 percent sure whether or not they are going to funding the hike but that is something I am going to ask. If not, I will see if I can get a couple corporate sponsers. None of this is set in stone yet but this is what I am thinking for now. This last week has been frustrating since my two hiking partners dropped out.

If anyone has any advice on my charity idea or the logistics of it, I would greatly appreciate it or if someone has an interest in joining me then let me as well. Thanks

Think I'm leaving early march, if you want a buddy.

nice, check your inbox

Quote Originally Posted by sweaty yetti View Post
    I am hiking the trail starting in early March for a charity. The two buddies I was plannin on doin this thing with just dropped out so right now it's just me. I plan on doin the hike sober. Anyone interested in joining?

Thats awesome, good for you. I'm not thruing any longer, but plan to have 70 days to hike from Springer to where ever. Maybe we can stay in touch and meet up at some point!

-Friend of Bill W.

I'm leaving on march 4

I'll be leaving around March 10th so maybe i'll see you on the trail.

i might actually have to push it back til round march 10 or somethin. i see your from spokane. im actually from seattle but livin in dallas right now. my bro and sister went to whitworth in spokane

++ New Posts ++