WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Images

:banana April Hiker Fool Bash in Franklin,NC

Friends while making you 2010 northbound hiking plans please keep in mind the sixth annual April Hiker Fool Bash.This will be held on April 2nd & 3rd at The Sapphire Inn As in the past we will be having some of the same stuff and some new. Same as last year the town has some sort of entertainment planned for hikers,venders,music,food and fun for everyone.

If you would like to make reservations early we will have 30 rooms available at The Sapphire Inn 828-524-4406 if you want lodging at the bash.If you prefer lodging a little quiter our Budget Inn Motel is only 1,000 feet from Sapphire Inn.Last year both motels filled long before the bash and many hikers stayed at The Franklin Inn only 3 blocks away.

We will have transportation back and forth to Budget Inn & Franklin Inn.Also I am now the new owner of the Franklin Inn also which I purchased in September 2009.If you prefer other lodging they are other lodging in Franklin but you need to stay clear of Days Inn which has just changed to Knights Inn.

As many know and in your guide books list we make 2 or 3 runs each morning frome these three motels only free to Winding Stair,Rock,and Wallace Gaps trail crossings.At 4pm we run free an in town guest shuttle to the Post Office,Outfitter,Grocery Stores and Shopping Centers.We will be running even during the bash.

This scheduled shuttle runs in March & April only.If you call Budget Inn at 828-524-4403 we will shuttle you year around.Also we can arrange shuttles from Amicalola to Fontana too.

We look forward to seeing you here in Franklin.If you have questions feel free to call us,PM me or post a question here.Thanks to all who has helped in the past to make this event possible.

Awwwwww yea

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Yeah, boyee! Bulldawg, Dancer and I are planning on hiking in from NOC to Winding Stair Gap and getting there on Friday. See y'all when we get there. As always, thanks for the hospitality, Ron. You're the best, Short Bus!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Journal Entries
    Images

And my bowl has booze in it!!!

I feel stupid. Sorry guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post

Yeah, boyee! Bulldawg, Dancer and I are planning on hiking in from NOC to Winding Stair Gap and getting there on Friday. See y'all when we get there. As always, thanks for the hospitality, Ron. You're the best, Short Bus!
    Thanks alot Hooch, thanks alot

Hey Ron - What's that catchy "official name" for April Hiker Fool Bash again?
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Where's Franklin?? . . .

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    The hiking club wanted to change the name to the 100 mile event.Said it sounded nicer for the town and it may.
    I put this bash on for the thru hikers.APRIL HIKER FOOL BASH was the name for five years and was started by thru hikers.

I think that if the name is changed it should be the hikers decision. .All of the hikers I have spoken to say they like the name of the bash just the way it is.

Journal Entries
    Images

LOL<cant come if there looking like this!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post

Ron...the wife is letting me hike this year so I hope to be there. Know any place I can park a pickup with a slide on camper on top for a couple of months while I walk around the hills?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by digger51 View Post
    Ron...the wife is letting me hike this year so I hope to be there. Know any place I can park a pickup with a slide on camper on top for a couple of months while I walk around the hills?
    Sure Digger,I'll find you a place.

Ron, Sounds like a blast but not really sure what it entails. Maybe you could shed some light on what takes place, ie, events, vendors, etc.? I did see it mentioned at the Trail Journal website but no explanations. Those of us starting the trail in mid March should be able to make that time frame and still make it to trail days in Damascus?

I sure wish Franklin was in the northeast. . . they have all the best gatherings. . . .

Images

You could always move once your parole is up.
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanhiker View Post
    Ron, Sounds like a blast but not really sure what it entails. Maybe you could shed some light on what takes place, ie, events, vendors, etc.? I did see it mentioned at the Trail Journal website but no explanations. Those of us starting the trail in mid March should be able to make that time frame and still make it to trail days in Damascus?
    If you hike to Franklin and make the bash you will pass Traildays by about a week.
    Its just a fun time with trail friends and good food. Thats all you need to know. All of this need to know what is going to happen on a thruhike is kind of...well......lame. Go out with no expectations and enjoy yourself. Do you really want predictability on your hike??? Just know that the Bash will be alot of fun! Thats all you need to know really!!! Especially if Im there, will be no shortage on fun!!!!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post

FAME -

Franklin

AT

100 Mile

Event

Which everyone thought was LAME.

But that isn't Ron's bash.
    It's a great day to be alive !

That is lame. . . but I'm not surprised you came up with it. . .

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    Thanks alot Hooch, thanks alot
    Ok, ok. Chaco and Wak are coming, too. There. Happy now?
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++