Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Any Hiker Chicks?

(Please forgive my inability to resist the play on words.)

Hello, friends... I am a divorced father of two wonderful little girls, and a frequent long-distance FT hiker. If it is inappropriate to make this inquiry, I am sure the post will be deleted and hope that the moderaters will forgive me.

I would like to meet a woman that enjoys hiking as I do. I date occasionally, but most women--like most people--just "don't get it" when it comes to the hiking/camping/backpacking impulse.

I intend to continue the FT north from Hampton and/or south from Christmas (I've done the in-between sections) heading for the termini with a female hiking companion... if someone is interested, please let me know.

Hike On,

keith

There are a few women hikers here. However this is not a match making forum. It's about hiking, gear, trails, food, and such! This is not the place to find that special
    someone.

Default I know...

Yeah, I know... I hope I don't come off sounding like a heel. The only "trail enthusiasts" "dating" site is fitness singles or something like that, and there aren't many hikers there as I recall. I gave up on that after one month.

Thanks,

keith

The BEST place to find a trail gal is on the trail....or so I've heard.

on the other hand, you're honest, and that doesn't bother me. Good luck!

Images

Pff, the best place to find trail chicks are at hiker bars.

Images

I've heard hiking clubs are good places to meet chicks who are interested in hiking/camping. If there's any hiking clubs in your area, check to see if they have any planned day or overnight hikes w/ other members. One of those members may be the special someone you're looking for. Or you could always hang out on Springer Mtn during the thru-hiker rush... March/April.

....or the SoRuck next weekend. I hear girls go there looking for guys!

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Go hiking, backpacking, whatever with groups with the intention of having fun and meeting friends. Don't go looking for a relationship..otherwise it probably won't happen. Just go with the flow, have a good time and the positive energy you have will make you attractive to the right person.

I also suggest once you get in the club, you organize some fun hikes (Moonlight hikes are great!). Social hikes with a group of fun people are great ways of making friends..and some of those friends may turn into romantic relationships.
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Images

I think this isn't the right forum to find hiker dates, there are a couple forums that are designed specifically for active people to meet (one of those where you check female/male seeking female/male who likes hiking, skiing, etc...), and there may even be a couple forums designed specifically for hikers to meet. I can't think of what they are right now, but you could probably google something like "match finder hiking" and see what comes up.

You'll have more luck there than here, because most people herre aren't looking for dates. Good luck!
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )
    Various adventures in Siberia 2016
    Adventures past and present!
    (and maybe 2018 PCT NoBo)

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post
    Go hiking, backpacking, whatever with groups with the intention of having fun and meeting friends. Don't go looking for a relationship..otherwise it probably won't happen. Just go with the flow, have a good time and the positive energy you have will make you attractive to the right person.

I also suggest once you get in the club, you organize some fun hikes (Moonlight hikes are great!). Social hikes with a group of fun people are great ways of making friends..and some of those friends may turn into romantic relationships.
    Soo Mags, that works?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mags View Post

Great Advice.... When I used to lead hikes in a couple of outdoor organizations, it seemed it was like 60% women between 35 and 70 who signed up and at least half or more were divorced, single or widowed. they were always curteous and friendly and very, very talkative within almost all in the groups I lead - I know of at least 1/2 dozen hook-ups that occured and lasted for more than a couple of years (3 couples are married). But I can say, what they absolutely never wanted was Quagmire showing up.
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

The women's hiking association would be a good place to start.
    [COLOR="Blue"]Hokey Pokey [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by off-pher View Post
    There are a few women hikers here. However this is not a match making forum. It's about hiking, gear, trails, food, and such! This is not the place to find that special
    someone.
    I'm sure Whiteblaze had led to several romances. Jack and Warren for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nean View Post
    ....or the SoRuck next weekend.
    [QUOTE=Nean;947679]The BEST place to find a trail gal is on the trail....or so I've heard.
    QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    I've heard hiking clubs are good places to meet chicks who are interested in hiking/camping. . .
    I think all of these are excellent ideas. Some outfitters also organize hikes, and you might meet someone with similar interest there.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    I'm sure Whiteblaze had led to several romances. Jack and Warren for instance.
    Wish I had a fresh Depends on BEFORE I read that!

You'll have more luck there than here, because most people herre aren't looking for dates. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Ahhhh yes, very true wisdom, soooo very true, but.......when it comes to life, love (and maybe even a little somethin'-somethin' once in a while) and hiking, ............looking and finding are two different issues(as Mags points out), and besides my wife never went hiking until she met her soul mate and went on numerous hiking trips (and then after a couple of years with that moron, she started dating me and we even got married after a few years).
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Hey Yeti - That "double d" poster might sound like a lead but look closer at the avatar........
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nean View Post
    Soo Mags, that works?
    I love moonlight hikes.

We became friends on moonlit hikes I lead...and the rest is history.

Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Registered User Pacific Tortuga's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by off-pher View Post
    someone.
    Why isn't there a match making forum here ? Double D might have trouble.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Yeti View Post
    Yeah, I know... I hope I don't come off sounding like a heel. The only "trail enthusiasts" "dating" site is fitness singles or something like that, and there aren't many hikers there as I recall. I gave up on that after one month.

Thanks,

keith
    Oops, sorry- I didn't read this post before I posted my (now superflous) advice!

PS- Let me know if you find a whole dating site for finding hiking chicks!
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )
    Various adventures in Siberia 2016
    Adventures past and present!
    (and maybe 2018 PCT NoBo)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++