WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Many Walks View Post
    I use the Camelbak Elixir tablets and never had a problem. They provide electrolytes and don't gunk up the bladder. A good hot rinse occasionally has kept it clean. We also keep a separate bottle for Gatorade and other sugar based drinks. Works for us.
    Camelbak offers "cleaning-tablets", cheap, use them once & awhile and you'll be fine! As othres have said keep the "sugar" out, or it will grow "fur".

At 64-yo, I've had Camelbak almost since their day-1, NEVER, had a problem, although I have worn-out bladders, due to heavy use
    Cherokee Bill ..... previously known as "billyboy"

Just run some vodka through it at a party and bam! two birds with one stone!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 300winmag View Post
    When I refill my hydration bladder on the trail I ALWAYS use Katadyn MicroPur chlorine dioxide tabs in it. this keeps the bacteria contamination to virtually zero, even from the mouthpiece.

At home I always rinse my hydration bladders with a water/Clorox mix & hang 'em to dry. No problems in 12 years.

Also I hace a black Camelbak mouthpiece cover to keep the bite valve clean. Works well.

Eric
    +1...I do this as well! Maddog
    "You do more hiking with your head than your feet!" Emma "Grandma" Gatewood...HYOY!!!
    http://www.hammockforums.net/?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++