WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Define "earthy".

Images

I like earthy too, earthy beats flaky
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Images

I agree with eric. If you want to meet an outdoorsy woman that likes to hike, then join a local hiking club. This isn't the best place to look for a relationship. or a hiking partner for that matter LOL
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Quote Originally Posted by frond View Post
    I can search for a female..i am a man that transcends our limitations....not looking for a date,those dating sites are just that..im looking for companionship..thought it would be easier with in a group of similar minds...but it seems the human condition is every where.eeeer
    hey, you're a part of it too..
    but good luck with what you're looking for.. i wouldn't mind a nice female hiking partner either come to think of it

The guy was upfront about what he wanted and asked an honest question.

Seems to me the ONLY replies he should have are those from earthy females.

yes I guess this is an introverted aproach,out of character...excuse me for rattleing your cages..im good at that..been that way since age 7 or sooner...maybe a club would be best.I dont know,doesnt hurt to try....ive met hundreds of woman and too much dating...trying different approaches..obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post

If he only wanted earthy females to respond he should have put in the straight forward section.
    Love people and use things; never the reverse.

Mt. Katahdin would be a lot quicker to climb if its darn access trail didn't start all the way down in Georgia.

is everybody bored on here...why am I recieving this bogus questioning and debating..i beat to my own drummer,my own mind...i never asked for input...just to connect with some backpacking women

Images

Quote Originally Posted by max patch View Post

Or the ACLU, claiming he is sexist and demanding he redefine his request and go out of the way by hiking with a guy to make sure he isn't further sexist
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

earthy,intense passion for the natural world...rather light a candle than turn on alll the lights,...read a book then have the telivision on...not to materialistic...loves nature and all with in it...creative,spiritual rather than religious,not in a spacey way..has depth,grounded....etc

Well hey, it is Valentines Day

and yes its valentines day and im single and usualy ok with it,,,but today has been one of those days..I have not been on this site or a computer much since before i set out four yrs.ago to thru hike.......it was with a woman...thought if I met some potential friends on here today and something panned out,then it would be a good start to a life story

Quote Originally Posted by JustaTouron View Post
    I have seen multiple posts by females seeking female hikers, but a male hiker can not seek a female companion?

Because of just this fact; he apparently is looking for a DATE..not just ahiking partner. Which he pretty much said in not so many words.

But, you wonder why this raised a red flag when he asked for a female partner?? And you are actually comparing a woman asking for another woman hiking companion as the same thing as a MALE asking for one?
    Yeahhhh..ok.

Betcha most of those women arent looking to get lucky on the trail with the other woman.

Try hikingsingles.com or something.

thanks maybe I will try that. wish I didnt have to try my best connections came from out of the blue and no trying..but those experiences are so few and so far..

I think it's great that Frond felt comfortable (or brave) enough to post a request here - quite a logical place to look for a female hiking companion.

Frond, you'll find someone, if not here, then on the trail - heck, you might find yourself a harem! Stranger things have happened.

Have a great hike!
    www.postholer.com/Turtle Feet
    Follow me as I crawl the A.T.
    Life is an adventure or nothing at all ~ Hellen Keller

Frond: Your initial request for an "earthy female backpacking partner" was somewhat "unique". That uniqueness clearly caught people's curiosity (and perhaps raised some concerns in the minds of various people). Ultimately, I believe that it is perfectly O.K. for someone to advertise for a hiking partner that fits their preferences. Other people do that all the time on WhiteBlaze. (They just don't usually advertise for a hiking partner the opposite sex). I read your INITIAL post and came to the conclusion that your request was "O.K." and perhaps even "healthy" in its straight forward approach.

HOWEVER...Then you started to make some additional posts. Those posts were rather "defensive" and almost angry in their tone. You had other posts which were filled with overly "flowery" and "romanticized" language.

I think your additional posts pretty much sank your chances of obtaining an emotionally healthy hiking partner--and will probably cause you to receive a great deal of unwanted attention and criticism. (BOTTOM LINE: You probably should have stopped after your first post!).
    "A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world." - Paul Dudley White

Images

6 hours of fishing without a bite equals failure...just sayin'!
    "You do more hiking with your head than your feet!" Emma "Grandma" Gatewood...HYOY!!!
    http://www.hammockforums.net/?

yah I seem different than the majority a child like innocence..feel in the world not of it..to much time alone over the last 17 yrs.running my organic market garden...been hiking my own hike for tooo long..many have told me,I am more evloved than the majority and the worlds not ready for me.......I wish I was like the majority at times,it would be less conflicting..im too nice of a guy,with great intentions,emphathetic and compassionate,one foot out of the box on my path of enlightenment and evolutionary transformation...people just dont fully grasp me.

Professional Delivery Boy Emeritus Belew's Avatar
    Images

earthy,intense passion for the natural world...rather light a candle than turn on alll the lights,...read a book then have the telivision on...not to materialistic...loves nature and all with in it...creative,spiritual rather than religious,not in a spacey way..has depth,grounded....etc
    Dude, That's my wife, except for the candle and no lights part. I met her in a bar about 60 feet off the trail.

Personally, I think if you stop looking you will find her.

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

a guy,with great intentions,emphathetic and compassionate,one foot out of the box on my path of enlightenment and evolutionary transformation...people just dont fully grasp me.
    Sounds like you should check out Woodstock, NY (I used to live near that area).

Good hiking in the Catskills too

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++