WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by white_russian View Post
    It doesn't matter if someone is using or not. It is just like having an open container of alcohol in a vehicle and not drinking it, still illegal.
    True, but unsafe?
    If you don't make waves, it means you ain't paddling

Quote Originally Posted by envirodiver View Post
    True, but unsafe?
    If a cop pulls the driver over and decides to arrest the driver then the passengers get hung out to dry or even worse arrested as well, so yes.

Images

If a cop pulls the driver over and decides to arrest the driver then the passengers get hung out to dry or even worse arrested as well, so yes.
    No charges were filed, hikers got there. Big difference in being hung out to dry and unsafe.

No charges were filed, hikers got there. Big difference in being hung out to dry and unsafe.
    He was lucky. The possibility of the passengers getting screwed still existed.

Images

He was lucky. The possibility of the passengers getting screwed still existed.
    Lots of possibilities exist in life. Could also have a flat tire.

And if someone knew that one of the AT shuttlers who advertises his service on WB was driving around without carrying a spare tire...I would expect that info to be posted on WB as a potential warning to others, with each hiker choosing or not choosing to use the service base on if they thought that was a wise move or not.
    Love people and use things; never the reverse.

Mt. Katahdin would be a lot quicker to climb if its darn access trail didn't start all the way down in Georgia.

Nothing illegal with carrying a spare tires. Carrying drugs on the other hand is illegal.

Images

Nothing illegal with carrying a spare tires. Carrying drugs on the other hand is illegal.
    However my response was to yours that "He was lucky. The possibility of the passengers getting screwed still existed."

Unless your disdain also extends to the police, I would trust that if the police officer had any concerns regarding the safety of Cool Breeze, his passengers or others that were driving he would have placed charges and kept Cool Breeze from continuing his trip. Don't you?

However my response was to yours that "He was lucky. The possibility of the passengers getting screwed still existed."

Unless your disdain also extends to the police, I would trust that if the police officer had any concerns regarding the safety of Cool Breeze, his passengers or others that were driving he would have placed charges and kept Cool Breeze from continuing his trip. Don't you?
    He could have just as well had an a-hole cop who threw the book at him and his passengers.

Images

He could have just as well had an a-hole cop who threw the book at him and his passengers.
    You seem to be quite content to operate and discuss using the shoudla-woulda-coulda argument. However, the FACTS are that nothing did happen.

You seem to be quite content to operate and discuss using the shoudla-woulda-coulda argument. However, the FACTS are that nothing did happen.
    The fact is that he scared the **** out of some customers. All I am doing is discussing the risk involved with the indecent. So what is the risk that he put his customers in? My guess is at least 1 in 5 that they would get screwed somehow. It really comes down to how many a-hole cops there are out there. All he had to do is not carry it in his car and the risk drops to zero. That should be an easy decision for any businessman that has half a brain.

ED thanks for having my back. Let it go. Everyone can see what jerks they are. The only life they have is stirring the pot. We should name them Wooden Spoon.
    The trail is ever winding and the party moves every night.

Images

The fact is that he scared the **** out of some customers. All I am doing is discussing the risk involved with the indecent. So what is the risk that he put his customers in? My guess is at least 1 in 5 that they would get screwed somehow. It really comes down to how many a-hole cops there are out there. All he had to do is not carry it in his car and the risk drops to zero. That should be an easy decision for any businessman that has half a brain.
    Indecent? Indecent? Who died and appointed you as someone to judge peoples decency or lack thereof? Does that mean that anyone that smokes pot is indecent? What about drinks a beer? They indecent too? If he had a full brain would he be decent? Do you consider yourself to be decent? Would a decent person make a statement like that?

Here you are guesing again 1 in 5, do you have some statistical basis for that astute observation or just pulling it out of your ***. I guess since you keep bringing it up...how many a-hole cops are there out there?

You obviously have a personal bone to pick with Cool Breeze or you wouldn't keep throwing unfounded accusations out there. Stopping doing that would be the decent thing to do and a decent person would stop.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cool AT Breeze View Post
    ED thanks for having my back. Let it go. Everyone can see what jerks they are. The only life they have is stirring the pot. We should name them Wooden Spoon.
    Well I think the more unfounded accusations that are thrown out there, and people that take an opportunity to advance a personal agenda at others expense, allows readers to see folks for what they are.

Excuse my misspelling. In my personal experience more than 1 in 5 cops are a-holes. Really, someone who can't leave the stuff at home doesn't deserve anyone's business.

Images

Excuse my misspelling. In my personal experience more than 1 in 5 cops are a-holes. Really, someone who can't leave the stuff at home doesn't deserve anyone's business.
    Misspelling?

I can see why you run into police officers that give you a hard time. Surprised that you don't run into more than 1 in 5 police officers that you would consider to be A-holes. Police officers don't act that way with everyone.

Not for you to say who deserves what. What you can do is not use those sevrices.

Alright guys, this has gone on long enough. Neither one of you is going to change the other's mind, so it's time to lay this to rest. Agree to disagree and move on.
    Roland

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaTouron View Post
    And if someone knew that one of the AT shuttlers who advertises his service on WB was driving around without carrying a spare tire...I would expect that info to be posted on WB as a potential warning to others, with each hiker choosing or not choosing to use the service base on if they thought that was a wise move or not.
    Anyone ever hear of libel? That too is an offense.--Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++