WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default Brunton Talon Stove

I got this stove at Academy last week. I'm not really new at camping or hiking, but I am new at doing them both alone. When I was a kid my dad handled all of the fire and cooking. By the time I was old enough to really do that kind of stuff I was too busy to go camping. So this is my first [all mine] stove. Dear Hubby tolerated my need to test it out (he was an Eagle Scout so this wasn't quite as exciting to him). I liked it. It was between this stove and the MSR pocket rocket. This one was $10 cheaper, and it had four pot supports instead of three. It seems to be quite sturdy, and I don't think I'll have too much trouble with pots tipping off. There were no problems during the test even with my husband's shepherd in the way and getting too close to check it out. I did under estimate the boil time and my water actually boiled over. Hehe...oops.

I'd like to know what other people who own or have tried this stove think about it, especially those that have used other stoves also.
    "Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet, and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran

Images

I have used that and own a pocket rocket. this one does better with big pots but the PR has better flame control but its not hard to simmer with either. you cant go wrong with any canister stove. They have minor differences but most of them are small and easy to use. I try to stay away from the walmart canisters when I can.

I have used this same stove for many trips over about the last year and have no issues with it. I previously used a Peak 1 Stove prior to this one and bought this one just to save on the weight. I really didnt notice much difference between the two. I dont have any personal experience with any other stoves.

++ New Posts ++