WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: IPOD charging

Quote Originally Posted by Terry7 View Post
    I have 4 2 mb mp3 players for music and audio books. I you use a mp3 you can download books from the libary with out having to check it out. Most libarys keep the cd in the case you just take it to a computer and load it up. If you use ipod you cant do any of this because you got to have itunes libary on the computer. You can also download music strait to your mp3. www.mp3raid.com is a good free site. Oh ya you get the lithiom batts and you can get 20 to 40 hrs of play on one aaa.

I'm having a tough time understanding everything you just said, but I load my ipod full of audiobooks all the time. Listening to Winston Churchill: The Last Lion right now, in fact.
    "I always told you I was more of a Westerner than an Easterner"
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Appalachian Trail 2008

Colorado Trail 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Early Bird View Post
    might sound like a silly question but i'm curioius about how people keep their ipod charged while on the trail??
    Just carry the cable and the wall to USB plug. If you have more than one device on USB then you can find a Belkin plug that has two USB jacks. Charge in every town, works great. 16gb ipod 1.45 oz., plus it has a radio now.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Appalachian Trail 2008

Colorado Trail 2010

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Powder River View Post
    Just carry the cable and the wall to USB plug. If you have more than one device on USB then you can find a Belkin plug that has two USB jacks. Charge in every town, works great. 16gb ipod 1.45 oz., plus it has a radio now.
    becoming the ultimate miniature device, the new 16gb Ipod plays music, tells the time, picks up fm radio, and takes pictures. the perfect trail indulgence. i hiked with a sony walkman that took one aaa battery and an ishuffle which i only had a usb plug for, i would recommend taking the wall charger... and books on tape.
    hey hey, my my

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sloopjonboswell View Post
    becoming the ultimate miniature device, the new 16gb Ipod plays music, tells the time, picks up fm radio, and takes pictures. the perfect trail indulgence. i hiked with a sony walkman that took one aaa battery and an ishuffle which i only had a usb plug for, i would recommend taking the wall charger... and books on tape.

ipod,cable,charger like 6 ounces?
    hey hey, my my

Images

I'm having a tough time understanding everything you just said, but I load my ipod full of audiobooks all the time. Listening to Winston Churchill: The Last Lion right now, in fact.
    Can you load your ipod from a libary computer? Because all along the trail are small town libarys with computers that we hikers use. Now since your from some where eles you cant check out books on cd. Most libarys keep the cd in the case on the shelves. You pick out stuff you want to put on your player, then ask to use one of the public computers. Since the cd is not leaving the libary, you can load it on your player. Unless you have a ipod.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry7 View Post
    Can you load your ipod from a libary computer? Because all along the trail are small town libarys with computers that we hikers use. Now since your from some where eles you cant check out books on cd. Most libarys keep the cd in the case on the shelves. You pick out stuff you want to put on your player, then ask to use one of the public computers. Since the cd is not leaving the libary, you can load it on your player. Unless you have a ipod.
    Oh I see what you're saying. No you have to have itunes to sync the ipod. But what program are you using to rip the cd for a regular mp3 player? Seems they wouldn't let you install any programs, whether its itunes or some other ripping program.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Appalachian Trail 2008

Colorado Trail 2010

Quote Originally Posted by sloopjonboswell View Post
    ipod,cable,charger like 6 ounces?
    3 ounces for all 3.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

Appalachian Trail 2008

Colorado Trail 2010

Images

Oh I see what you're saying. No you have to have itunes to sync the ipod. But what program are you using to rip the cd for a regular mp3 player? Seems they wouldn't let you install any programs, whether its itunes or some other ripping program.
    You dont need anything but windows media player to load mp3s.

My sansa mp3 player uses the same charger for my phone, a mini USB. I got the 8 gig one for 70 bucks at best buy. Its great in the car to my tomtom uses the same USB also, its great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++