Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adzpctko!

Default Adzpctko!

Is in 63 days (not that I'm counting or anything...)

Who's going??!

I'll be there. I am speaking in the Pavillion on Saturday night right after dinner. Come hear me yammer about trail food. I'm also going to get a few PCT miles in while I'm down there.

Me and the Atlas will be there

Cya there...
    Pacific Crest Trail Atlas 2nd Edition
    Pocket-sized Pacific Crest Trail Maps

My Blog: Erik The Black's Backpacking Blog

extra-ordinary hiker Roughin' It's Avatar

Your Atlas looks pretty sweet.

I will definitely purchase it if I ever hike the PCT

Images

I am flying in to san diego on Saturday so I sadly will not be there...

I'll be there if I manage to swing a ride back from where ever I am on the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I'll be there if I manage to swing a ride back from where ever I am on the trail.
    If you are anywhere near section A I doubt that will be a problem!

I'm planning on being there. I'll also most likely be swinging by some road crossings to see if there's anyone who needs a ride. Probably start at Warner Springs and work my way south.
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I also think it shouldn't be a problem. Ask around too see what other PCTers are doing. There is usually a ride board floating around somewhere too. Once you get to the Kickoff it will probably be even easier to get a ride back to where you left off. Pick a main road for the place to get off.

Default Still got the Bug, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    I'm planning on being there. I'll also most likely be swinging by some road crossings to see if there's anyone who needs a ride. Probably start at Warner Springs and work my way south.
    Your Beamish enthusiasm is thwarting your attempt at drabness, and aloofness!

Of course, I wish I could go along too....

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Goose View Post
    Your Beamish enthusiasm is thwarting your attempt at drabness, and aloofness!

Of course, I wish I could go along too....
    Did you watch Walked yet?
    Drab as a Fool, as aloof as a Bard!

http://www.wizardsofthepct.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jester2000 View Post
    Did you watch Walked yet?
    As it happens, at exactly 1;29 pm Eastern Standard Time, I did!

And, as this post proves, I am still alive and well, no worse from the wear and tear of watching you attempt to be caught actually hiking on the PCT.

Otherwise, I thought you aquitted yourself fairly well, representing the A.T. class of 2000, and Eastern hikers in general. It was fascinating watching your beard grow by leaps and bounds, in the space of 70 minutes.

In fact, I got the impression that Squatch did his very best to include your sorry ass in this film, knowing that your antics, fun loving escapades, and throaty chuckle would boost ratings, and increase sales.

I also felt that, having finished the PCT, we have seen the last of his fine filmwork.

That is, until you invite him to come east, and do the A.T. Now that would be some happy news!

And, another oportunity for him to try to catch you attempting to hike. (On film, of course )

Honk! CG

I have to see if I'm off that weekend cuz I don't have any pto. But if I am I'll be able shuttle from Warner springs south.
    If you never try you've already failed ~ Me?? Somebody else??

Di isn't excited at all

She gets humming around this time of year....lol! Wish I could come with her this year but no way this time - I will have a newborn of a couple weeks.

As per usual in our friendship whoever gets to go on a cool trip then rubs it in for weeks/months/years into the one who couldn't make it
    Trail Cooking/FBC, Recipes, Gear and Beyond:
    Trail Cooking

I won't be going. I scheduled a big bike ride for that same weekend. Kickoff I can live without, but it is sad not to be hiking the PCT again this summer.
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by sarbar View Post
    Di isn't excited at all

She gets humming around this time of year....lol! Wish I could come with her this year but no way this time - I will have a newborn of a couple weeks.

As per usual in our friendship whoever gets to go on a cool trip then rubs it in for weeks/months/years into the one who couldn't make it
    Pretty much. Worse this year too! Hoosierdaddy managed to get on the same flight as me. T&T will be there too. PNWH representing! LMAO.

59 days!

OTOH - Sar rubbed it in for YEARS that she got to do the PCT section I always wanted to do... Finally got it done in 09. S'all good fun.

So just found out I will be off that weekend yeah!! So I'm planning on going up to Warner springs and head south to pick up hikers and I should have enough room for four. Or if anyone needs pickup from the airport I can swing that way instead.
    If you never try you've already failed ~ Me?? Somebody else??

No. Not going. If I want to be social, I'll stay in town, not go out into the woods to hoot and holler.

There are people freaking *everywhere* in this world, except for a few quiet places on the trail, and I'll be damned if I'm going to contribute to changing that.

/goes back under his rock

Registered User DrRichardCranium's Avatar
    Journal Entries

From the title of this thread, I figured someone's cat just sat on the keyboard.
    "Katahdin barada nikto."

Getting out as much as I can..which is never enough. :) Mags's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnycat View Post
    No. Not going. If I want to be social, I'll stay in town, not go out into the woods to hoot and holler.

There are people freaking *everywhere* in this world, except for a few quiet places on the trail, and I'll be damned if I'm going to contribute to changing that.

/goes back under his rock

(As an aside, the KO is hardly in the woods. It is in a very large and established campground right next to a small neighborhood in the one of the very outer 'burbs of San Diego)
    Paul "Mags" Magnanti
    http://pmags.com
    Twitter: @pmagsco
    Facebook: pmagsblog

The true harvest of my life is intangible...a little stardust caught,a portion of the rainbow I have clutched -Thoreau

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++