WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Images

Historical Place?
    Matty's roomate

funeral home

Images

I take offense to the funeral home comment, our facilities are much cleaner and our wiring up to code

Quote Originally Posted by mtnkngxt View Post
    I take offense to the funeral home comment, our facilities are much cleaner and our wiring up to code
    Also most of the customers at the Doyle are just brain dead, not actually dead.

Images

lol It is one of those hiker destinations.

Default abc exstreem makeover interested in doyle hotel!

state reps, mayors, judges and others have allready givin letters of support to an effort underway by abc tv to showcase our beloved landmark on the hit show exstreem makeover. vicky and pat were up for many hours beyond the winter warmer filling out a 24 page application and then an 18 page document on the structure. they are wiped out from the excitment of this witch was only learned of friday morning. yesterday the papers were de,
    livered to hillywood and vicky has benn in contact even since then with network producers. jester baltimore jack tarlin and panzer and myself were filmed and interveiwed at the warmer by the scouts responsible for all this.
    matthewski

now you all know. write your letters! pour your hearts out. tell why the revitilization of the towns jewel is important to yo. and tell of the people and the family we share. this is big.
    matthewski

there goes any charm it had. prices will soar if it happens

when they leave you with upgraded electrics and green systems requireing upkeep, they leave you with moneys knowing you were poor at the start and the finnish. and a common bunkroom or coed dorm or male female bunk rooms will certinly be concidered. and vicky and pat are the kind who will charge hikers as little as they can anyway. and if they have non hiker rooms makeing biger money then it may afford the price saveings to hikers. and hikers will have a choice and all in all it will be good. they allways do a comunity project and that can help alot of folks. this is a thing pat and vicky need and deservr and i for one support it.
    matthewski

Images

They should makeover a disabled vets home, not a private business. Just my opinion and you know what they say about those.
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

mankind has made the whole world and remade it several times. yes vets come first. duh. but we can go out of order once in a while and do random acts of kindness cant we? this is a gifthorse that will secure the hotels future as a historic budwiser mansion. hello?mr ed called. he said. why you look me in mouth?
    matthewski

Images

Good for Vicky and Pat. This is a business venture for them, and I wish them well.

The character and essence of the place will definitely be forever changed, and hikers will more than likely take a back seat.

Best wishes.

back seats are bigger and better and you can fool around.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
    They should makeover a disabled vets home, not a private business. Just my opinion and you know what they say about those.
    agree. hikers aren't in need. i'm bettin' the hollywood folks are gonna choose a more needy cause

asume the doyal is made over. the national attention causes vicky and pat to become fully solvent and even profitable. now assume vicky loweres the cost to hikers based on her generosity and ability. assume further that perspective hiking familys visit the now respectable doyal for the chance to meet hikers. now imagine a graded trail somewhere near where all can acces our trail at duncannon. further imagine new streetposts with banners anouncing events and an artists community springing up with cafes and nightlife. now picture duncannon as an ashville of the north. i see it all.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    asume the doyal is made over. the national attention causes vicky and pat to become fully solvent and even profitable. now assume vicky loweres the cost to hikers based on her generosity and ability. assume further that perspective hiking familys visit the now respectable doyal for the chance to meet hikers. now imagine a graded trail somewhere near where all can acces our trail at duncannon. further imagine new streetposts with banners anouncing events and an artists community springing up with cafes and nightlife. now picture duncannon as an ashville of the north. i see it all.
    hahaha. dude you're pipe dreaming. hiking "season" is extremely short. duncannon has no other draw

I can just see it now. "and this will be your room Matty" as Mathewski is filmed walking wide eyed into the newly renovated room 23, complete with bacon murals done completely in crayon and Pom bottles turned into lighting fixtures."When we first heard of little Matty's story we knew we had to do something. It seems that whenever he goes out in public he attracts stares and ridicule. The Doyle was one of the last remaining establishments that actually welcomes, rather than fears his patronage. We had to do something to save such an important, historic landmark. It makes my heart warm knowing Matty and his ilk will now always have a place to gather away from the prying eyes of an ununderstanding public."

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    there goes any charm it had. prices will soar if it happens
    hahaha. dude you're pipe dreaming. hiking "season" is extremely short. duncannon has no other draw
    how will prices soar if duncannon has no other draw?
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

i see it too. "when we first heard of matthewski and room 23 we knew we had a problem" "with all the renovations would we be able to save the most historic aspects of this room?" "so we came up with this,.."
    blindfolded matthewski is led to the now fully restored door of room 23. removing his blindfold he despairs, the sign on the door reads"broom closet." matthewski lowers his head. turning to desend the now wonderfull grand winding staircase and make a quiet exit, and thinking his friends mean for such a prank,...a single tear falls from his eye.thaughts of rm 23 flash before him. no more will he sleep on the floor under the window listening to jack snor while doves cry....
    as he turns the stairs and looks back one final time at the room he loved, the door has been opened and a bright light as if from skylights spills from the room. running back he pushes the door open and to his amazement...
    matthewski

Registered User David@whiteblaze's Avatar
    Images

agree. hikers aren't in need. i'm bettin' the hollywood folks are gonna choose a more needy cause
    Correct, by all reports, Hikers are in desperate want. Now, I would write if I had ever heard of the place, but I will definetly want to see it on TV one sunday night... can somebody explain the whole room 23 thing?
    Important Notice:

Due to recent budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    The Government

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++