WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    murder is illegal. oj is a free man.
    He's in jail now Matty.

Panzer

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer1 View Post
    He's in jail now Matty.

Panzer
    But not for murder.
    Often Accused, Often Guilty but Seldom Guilty of What I am Accused.

Any update?

Storyteller
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by flemdawg1 View Post
    Any update?
    When I stopped in after shooting the Hikermobile video, Pat and Vickey told me it will be months until they hear anything.

Journal Entries

The doyle's real secret is that it's cheap, it's friendly, and it has good beer.

Registered User David@whiteblaze's Avatar
    Images

Did anything ever come of this?
    Important Notice:

Due to recent budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    The Government

Journal Entries
    Images

no..............................
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Doyle has banned Seven and others. No great loss, the restaurant is foul. The hotel is a fire trap. Maybe they need a "safety meeting."

Ate lunch there twice in the last week. Owners were great to talk with and food was good and I have not died of any food borne disease.

Registered User Different Socks's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Worldwide View Post
    That place is nastier than an overflowing privy. I hope someday a health inspector that isn't on the take shuts that place down. Trail Angel Mary's couch is the only place to stay in Duncannon.
    Gotta agree with you on that one WW. When I stayed there during my thru hike, there were webs with huge spiders in every corner of the room and on the headboard. I didn't even wanna think about looking under the bed or even sleep in between the covers. Wonderful views but terrible cleanliness..

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterPee View Post
    Ate lunch there twice in the last week. Owners were great to talk with and food was good and I have not died of any food borne disease.
    With a name like Sketter pee I doubt you ever die of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    Doyle has banned Seven and others.
    Good. He does a disservice to the trail by promoting the party culture and then putting it on YouTube.
    Last edited by capehiker; 11-26-2015 at 10:43.

Images

i heard room 23 is great.
    I'm so confused, I'm not sure if I lost my horse or found a rope.

Doyle lodging was pretty low brow but hardly the worst I encountered on the trail. The food, beer and music were great. I left town feelin' fine.

Quote Originally Posted by capehiker View Post
    Good. He does a disservice to the trail by promoting the party culture and then putting it on YouTube.
    The trail has a party culture (they have parties too, if you haven't noticed). Seven reports his experience. His videos are honest and no frills. That said, his videos on YT have done more to promote the AT than you.

My post related to The Doyle Hotel and Cafe. Ever been there? I have: filthy. Rooms are bad but, I can deal with that. The food, kitchen and bathroom are serious health hazards. Getting sick from food is preventable. That is a disservice to the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
    The trail has a party culture (they have parties too, if you haven't noticed). Seven reports his experience. His videos are honest and no frills. That said, his videos on YT have done more to promote the AT than you.

My post related to The Doyle Hotel and Cafe. Ever been there? I have: filthy. Rooms are bad but, I can deal with that. The food, kitchen and bathroom are serious health hazards. Getting sick from food is preventable. That is a disservice to the trail.
    I grew up a stones throw from the Doyle. That place was/is a punchline to the locals in the area. So yes, I've been there. Was there last summer as a matter of fact.

The Doyle is cleaner the most, if not all, trail shelters. But in saying that, there will come a time soon when it needs a very major overhaul and I can't see how it could be paid for. Perhaps the ATC could buy out the building????

Then again, every time the ATC does something, they price the average hiker out of it, like shelters in New England.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSchwartz View Post
    The Doyle is cleaner the most, if not all, trail shelters. But in saying that, there will come a time soon when it needs a very major overhaul and I can't see how it could be paid for. Perhaps the ATC could buy out the building????

Then again, every time the ATC does something, they price the average hiker out of it, like shelters in New England.
    You're confusing ATC and AMC. The AMC huts predate the AT. For a thru-hiker, there are only one or two AMC huts that are unavoidable. The biggie (hardest to avoid) is Lakes of the Clouds hut on Mt. Washington.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DaSchwartz View Post

First, if you are going to criticize an organization, atleast make sure you aiming your criticism at the correct organization.

But, if I am reading you properly, you'd want an organization like the ATC to swoop in and drop a cool few million dollars on rescuing and restoring ghetto flop house, but you'd object to real world market pricing and still expect ghetto flop house pricing?
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Quote Originally Posted by capehiker View Post
    From Seven's Facebook Page (Terry Coyle):

"I am sorry that some people feel that way..I only wanted to show what a thru hike is like when your in the main bubble. I will not be promoting the party scene anymore because I love the A.T. it is my home and I plan on doing the trail until my body falls apart. I have checked and no place has been closed because of me or my videos. I have a new plan for next years documentary that should make every one happy."

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
++ New Posts ++