WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

what were realy talking about is fear of change. embrace change. dont strangle it.
    matthewski

Default interesting

Does anyone besides hikers stay at the doyle? When I was there in '99 and paid the crackhead my 10 dollars for a key to the padlock on the door, it didnt seem like anyone in their right mind, and with a car would stay there. Maybe things have changed, but I find it intertesting/ironic that the hikers that seem to be keeping the place in business and are now being recruited to write letters to win the "campaign" are now being herded into single sex bunkrooms. All for the greater good/owners pocketbook I guess.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    my name is matthew claude weinstone. i stole 400 bucks from my moms bank card and rand away to the appalachian trail at port clinton at the age of 14 or 15. i walked with thru hikers(hawk and some other dude i forgett).........
    Rebel !!! (as with most hikers)

I didn't steal any money but I did run away to the A.T. when I was a youngin.

Images

Default Hikers for Renovating the Doyle

I say you guys need to stop being so damn judgmental and be happy for Pat and Vicki....they work their butts off just to please us. The least we could do is write a letter.....and I already have.

Give the Doyle our support !

I think it's one of the most exciting things happening on the A.T. besides Baltimore Jack getting a new Bryson T-shirt (thanks Jack) and the Appalachian Trail Museum opening in June !!!!

So get off your azzes and write the letter. In groups. Individuals. Just write it ! If you need help, throw me an email: [email protected]

I hope this happens folks. Duncannon, the Doyle, and the community needs for it to happen.

Love to all !

Quote Originally Posted by Pebble Puppy View Post
    I guess it takes someone who does nothing good for anyone but themselves to look at somebody doing something good for others and criticize them for it.
    Just felt this post needed to be repeated.

I guess it takes someone who does nothing good for anyone but themselves to look at somebody doing something good for others and criticize them for it.
    Just felt this post needed to be repeated.
    so you think ABC is doing something good for a business out of the goodness of their heart and anybody who criticizes it does nothing good for anyone ever?

I mentioned nothing of ABCs motivations. As for the critics I hear things like they try to get around building codes. No, they go out of their way to comply with building codes. If you do not agree with the codes fight to have them changed. One family borrowed against their new home, defaulted and are now bankrupt and the bank took the house. Was ABC supposed to supply a CPA as well as a new home, pay off the mortgage and give them a new car and vacation? There are more deserving people than Pat and Vicki. So? Does this mean if you can't find the 1 most deserving person on the planet you should help nobody because someone out there happens to be more deserving (in your opinion)? Seriously all these arguments against this are flimsy, petty and not thought out. I would be interested in what charity work or random acts of kindness the critics here have performed over the past year or so. Please do share.

I would be interested in what charity work or random acts of kindness the critics here have performed over the past year or so. Please do share.
    hahahaha. i've done more for others in the past week by accident than you've done on purpose in a year. and what does an opinion on and old building lead you to believe folks don't do any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    hahahaha. i've done more for others in the past week by accident than you've done on purpose in a year. and what does an opinion on and old building lead you to believe folks don't do any good?
    Not that it matters, but over the past year I have given more of my possessions to Goodwill than I currently own and each week we give a mountain of food from here on the farm to the local food bank. As far as everyone griping about the show and who they choose to help, I still see no logic in any of the criticism I've seen here.

Images

I just put him on "ignore" Lone Wolf. I've had this kind challange me before with similar statements. When I responded via PM with a listing of what I had "contributed", they put their tail between their legs and made excuses. Not worth responding to.

Can someone, Pebble, or mwienstone, just tell me if anyone besides hikers currently stay at the Doyle?
    Last edited by Scooby99; 03-04-2010 at 09:54. Reason: a

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    I just put him on "ignore" Lone Wolf. I've had this kind challange me before with similar statements. When I responded via PM with a listing of what I had "contributed", they put their tail between their legs and made excuses. Not worth responding to.
    yeah i hear ya. typical troll is all.

As LW said hikers are the only draw for Duncannon. Of course he also said hikers would be priced out of staying at the Doyle if the show happens. Again not sure if I understand the logic. If hikers are your only customers, and all improvements to the property cost you nothing it would seem a little silly to price out your only clientel.

ba chomp, ba chewy chewy chomp chomp's Avatar

Same old negative crap spewed by the same old negative people. Nothing new to see here.

Considering that before Pat and Vicki, the Doyle changed hands 5 times in 5 years, and considering that they have put as much as they can afford into the place, and considering this place is their only source of income, they are certainly deserving of a makeover.

And there is no "campaign" from Pat and Vicki, but rather from those that known them and would like to see something great happen for them. FYI Scooby, things have changed a lot since 99.

As LW said hikers are the only draw for Duncannon. Of course he also said hikers would be priced out of staying at the Doyle if the show happens. Again not sure if I understand the logic. If hikers are your only customers, and all improvements to the property cost you nothing it would seem a little silly to price out your only clientel.
    Agreed - I doubt that prices would go up that much. I do however bet that there would be more rules, which I don't think is a bad idea either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    yeah i hear ya. typical troll is all.
    Says the guy with 23,000 posts of which approximately 20,000 have been of the negative trolling variety.

I think it'll be great if the show happens. Yes it will be great for Pat and Vicki, just as it is great for the families who the show helps week in and week out, but by renovating the Doyle they are providing something positive for hundreds of hikers past, present and future.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Can't refute my logic so you put me on ignore? Who has their tail between their legs?

you're on IGNORE. he can't read that

Quote Originally Posted by chomp View Post
    Says the guy with 23,000 posts of which approximately 20,000 have been of the negative trolling variety.
    it's just the internet. it ain't real life. entertainment only

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++