WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default the doyle hotels secret

we have a huge secret we cannot tell about the hotel doyles future concerning everyone in duncanon and most hikers . i can say its good. heres whats required to allow the secret out,...

write a letter to the doyle telling of your thaughts exsperiences and storys of the doyle. it has been asked of us to write these letters as groups rather than individuals. a groupe can be as small as a couple or as large as billville and alda and atc and amc and others. we need letters from sorentos pizza in duncanon and from the small groups like philly hikers and just plaine old groups of friends who hiked such as the oh eighters and the maine train. these letters are a part of a plan that we think you will enjoy. i relize that you not knowing to what end the letters are to be used is disconcerting. therefor. only diehard lovers of the doyle need write.

send corrospondence to:the doyle hotel 7 north market street duncannon pa 17020.
    matthewski

Images

Why is it still a secret?

Panzer

elaborate tom
    matthewski

Trail Bum / Homeless Vet
    Images

Default Eff the Doyle

That place is nastier than an overflowing privy. I hope someday a health inspector that isn't on the take shuts that place down. Trail Angel Mary's couch is the only place to stay in Duncannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer1 View Post
    Why is it still a secret?

Panzer
    what? they're gonna tear that rat trap down? cool. the place smells

Sure smells a lot less without smoking. (At least downstairs - no need for me to go up. )

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Good hamburgers....

Best place on the trail, IMO, and my favorite bar on the trail as well. I wish it could always be just as it is. Well, maybe with a few minor structural improvements....

Matty spelled "disconcerting" correctly!
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

is a space a place or a place a space. thats the question. if room 23 was all fixed up would it be rm 23? or would it be? most folks like, over the edges' example,.
    a ship leaves port on a 3 year mission. in that time the ships carpenter replaces every board. is it the same ship that returns to port?
    but were here to discuss writing positive letters telling our storys of the doyle because we have been asked to. by me.

did any of you ever google "room 23"? its a bit scary.for those of us associated with the portal. thats the time portal in room 23 or "tipi23" as the government hippy study folks spying from the satilite positioned solely for the pourpose of the study of rm 23 call it. gabish?

honestly, i belive i could out the secret without huirting anyone . but its not my risk to take. ill call and ask today if we may speak the two words that will exsplaine all.
    in other news, im being discovered as the next grand master of art. again. so ill own most of the northern hemisphere soon and we'll have to have a getogether. i was thinking of makeing florida an island by cutting most of it away and sinking it leaveing just the keys. we'll party there.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    ill call and ask today if we may speak the two words that will exsplaine all.
    CLOSED forever?

wolf, in your hiking heart of hearts, you love everyone and hold no hatered for inatimate buildings and other things. you are as light as lightbeams and you are lwolf our beloved. so shut up.
    matthewski

wrecking ball?

Images

Default doyle = awsome

eff everyone who doesnt love this fine establishment

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    wolf, in your hiking heart of hearts, you love everyone and hold no hatered for inatimate buildings and other things. you are as light as lightbeams and you are lwolf our beloved. so shut up.

Images

HUD apartments?
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Treefingers View Post
    eff everyone who doesnt love this fine establishment
    awesome. with an E

whilst lwolf baddabooms himself to death over there, we will continue being civil. first id like to point out that good fourtune is something we all wish for our brothers and sisters. no one is exsempt from receiveing a dream come tru. and its impossible to hate someone for it.
    matthewski

Storyteller
    Images

If it is such a secret, why did Pat and Vicky tell me, knowing I am a newspaper reporter? They never mentioned it being a secret, but I won't spill until Matty says it is cool, just in case. But I will say, should it work out, it would be pretty cool. And No, it does not involved closed, wrecking balls or HUD apartments.

Images

That place was great! One of the best spots on the trail. We had a blast there, the food is great - breaded mushrooms .... still have not found any better.

As for the simple warning of "watch out when the shower gurgles ...." That is an understatment! Man hot water one second and then BAM frozen water the next ... !

As far as being run down, yea, the electric tape wrapped around the light wires was a bit disconcerning but what a cool spot. The pool table and good food made it a must do for Thru- hikers. At the very least you should have stopped by and hung out for a while.

Only a non-hiker (Thru or otherwise) could not appreciate this place.

im dieing to say the words. someone advise me. its tru we werent told not to post it. in fact pat told me it would be all over the hiking comunity soon enough as if he had no control over who blabs first. but hoopy dont you belive its propriatory info and could mess everything up? or not?i dare you to dare me to sing.
    matthewski

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++