WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Great news for WM Bags

I have not been very active on this site for a while, due to my wife's breast cancer and her following death! I started the thread of "What's the weight of your Big Four" years ago.

I am back into backpacking and have gained 25 lbs and no longer fit into my Ultralite WM bag...so I have been shopping for a Alpinlite WM bag and purchased one today!!!

As you know WM (Western Mountaineering Bags) almost never go on sale, but today, I found a dealer in Atlanta, GA that is currently giving a 25% discount on the product line for the next 3 days which is unbelievable...so if you want this discount, I highly recommend you contact them ASAP.

The Outfitter is The Gear Revival LLC, at 955 Marietta Street, Atlanta, GA 30318. They are open until 7pm EST and the phone # is 404-892-4326.

The owner is Mitch Davis and the e-mail is www.thegrearrevival.com.
    Shipping is free for the lower 48 states and for GA residents only, there is a 8% sales tax.

Good Luck and I hope you are as "Happy" as Me!!!!

Happy

Images

thanks for the heads up that is an amazing deal for some amazing bags

Images

My condolences for your loss
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    I have not been very active on this site for a while, due to my wife's breast cancer and her following death!
    My condolences Happy. Glad to see you are backpacking again.

I have not been very active on this site for a while, due to my wife's breast cancer and her following death! I started the thread of "What's the weight of your Big Four" years ago.

I am back into backpacking and have gained 25 lbs and no longer fit into my Ultralite WM bag...so I have been shopping for a Alpinlite WM bag and purchased one today!!!

As you know WM (Western Mountaineering Bags) almost never go on sale, but today, I found a dealer in Atlanta, GA that is currently giving a 25% discount on the product line for the next 3 days which is unbelievable...so if you want this discount, I highly recommend you contact them ASAP.

The Outfitter is The Gear Revival LLC, at 955 Marietta Street, Atlanta, GA 30318. They are open until 7pm EST and the phone # is 404-892-4326.

Shipping is free for the lower 48 states and for GA residents only, there is a 8% sales tax.

Happy
    Happy, I'm sorry for your loss. My wife is a 14 year breast cancer survivor whose chances didn't look good in the early days after detection. We were fortunate, blessed even. Again, I am truly sorry. Also, welcome back. (and thanks for the tip).
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Happy...I'm very sorry for your loss. My wife has stage IV breast cancer currently in remission (age 46). Every day with her is a gift...
    I also have an Alpinlite long...super bag. Welcome back and happy hiking!

Images

welcome back. i remember you. great thread... and still going! thanks for the tip.
    Take a course in good water and air; and in the eternal youth of Nature you may renew your own. Go quietly, alone; no harm will befall you. John Muir

Happy

Are the WM SB new or used?

Thanks

They are new bags.

They are new bags.
    Thanks Happy,

What are you going to do with your WM ultralite? are the ultralite and apachlite similar SB?

Yes, they are almost the same as far as size, but the Ultralite uses lighter and some say less durable material to have the weight savings. Watch your bag and no problems...or I would not have bought the Alpinlite!!!

I will keep it, as my daughters go hiking with me from time to time, and they do not have my extra 25 pounds that I hope to hike off this season!

I bought one of the MegaLite bags this morning from The Gear Revival. Yeah, they are new bags and the store is an official Western Mountaineering retailer.

Since I am sure NOT to start the AT in March or April of this year, I am selling a new Western Mountaineering Badger 15*F 6' right zip bag in the gear selling section of this board.

At my age, 69 yrs, most people tell me I'm nuts to even go hike the AT at all. Should join a managed care facility and watch TV ?? There are a few who are envious and supportive.

Yes, they are almost the same as far as size, but the Ultralite uses lighter and some say less durable material to have the weight savings. Watch your bag and no problems...or I would not have bought the Alpinlite!!!

I will keep it, as my daughters go hiking with me from time to time, and they do not have my extra 25 pounds that I hope to hike off this season!

Sorry about the double entry... guess I am out of tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I bought one of the MegaLite bags this morning from The Gear Revival. Yeah, they are new bags and the store is an official Western Mountaineering retailer.

Since I am sure NOT to start the AT in March or April of this year, I am selling a new Western Mountaineering Badger 15*F 6' right zip bag in the gear selling section of this board.

At my age, 69 yrs, most people tell me I'm nuts to even go hike the AT at all. Should join a managed care facility and watch TV ?? There are a few who are envious and supportive.
    You are NEVER to old to enjoy life...They are envious!!!

I bought my WM vest from the Gear Revival a year or two ago. If you're in the ATL area it's worth a look. They carry other outdoor stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I bought my WM vest from the Gear Revival a year or two ago. If you're in the ATL area it's worth a look. They carry other outdoor stuff too.
    Most of their outdoor gears/clothes are brand new correct?

Thanks

No, it's a mixed bag. But the above-referenced bags on sale now are new.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    No, it's a mixed bag. But the above-referenced bags on sale now are new.
    thanks Hoop. So is it best to call them up and ask if the clothes I am interested in purchasing are brand new or used.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by mclovin View Post
    Most of their outdoor gears/clothes are brand new correct?

Thanks
    They started out a few years ago as a used gear shop and got rave reviews on this site from Atlanta area backpackers...the owner worked for a large Atlanta area outfitter before that, and sold WM bags. He is blocks away from GA TECH.

He relocated down the street and is a reliable retailer and WM authorized dealer, but retains a used gear room for other bargins which got him his start.
    With his background he became a WM authorized dealer.

So it appears to me he is 75% retail and 25% used gear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++