WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Yes, this is truly good news. Congrats Ron and I hope you keep the place packed, I plan to get up there as much as possible. You might consider catering to hunters there in OCT/NOV.

hey that's great news Ronnie, I'll be comin thru there in early April, will be lookin for that shuttle to Hiawassee. The hiking business must be good!

Images

The more I think about it.That is a good Idea for people in Hiawassee who will be my guest in Franklin too,for me to carry mail drops from Hia to Fra because I will be traveling back and forth each day.

Springer to Atkins, VA

Outstanding....Life on the AT just got better...have enjoyed your services in Franklin...just sorry I have already passed Hiawassee....looking forward to using your services again in a month or so as I work my way towards NOC....thanks....cheers.

FYI - the Holiday Inn Express no longer has "Hiker Rates" - it's $79 for a room for two people.

Congratulations Ron, my wife and I stayed at your place 4 years ago. You took us all over town while we did laundry and got grocerys. Treated us like one of your own. I'm sure you've done that for countless other hikers. Thanks Ron.

Hey Ron, Just a bit of trivia:

I'm distantly related to all the Moodys in Western NC and Georgia. There's a place in Hiawassee that is call "Moody Hollar". It is named after my great-uncle Wiley, who built a lot of the homes there.

BTW, my last name isn't Moody, but I am moody a lot.
    K2 Able to leap small twigs with a single bound.
    I did it. I said I’ll do it, and I’ve done it. [after she summited Katahdin] –EMMA ‘GRANDMA’ GATEWOOD

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Haven View Post
    you know me.

rates for hikers will be the same as Franklin Budget Inn $39.99 1st hiker and $5ea for additional guests

Thanks for all of the congradulations.It will be tough running both this year and completing total plans until after hiker season especially and me campaining for county commissioner in NC,but along about June I will call on a big hiker celebration PARTY and all of you know the rest
    thats great news Ron, congrats on your new purchase.
    "I told my Ma's and Pa's I was coming to them mountains and they acted as if they was gutshot. Ma, I sez's, them mountains is the marrow of the world and by God, I was right". Del Gue

Images

Quote Originally Posted by K2 View Post
    Hey Ron, Just a bit of trivia:

I'm distantly related to all the Moodys in Western NC and Georgia. There's a place in Hiawassee that is call "Moody Hollar". It is named after my great-uncle Wiley, who built a lot of the homes there.

BTW, my last name isn't Moody, but I am moody a lot.
    I know of Moody's

Quote Originally Posted by toenail View Post
    Congratulations Ron, my wife and I stayed at your place 4 years ago. You took us all over town while we did laundry and got grocerys. Treated us like one of your own. I'm sure you've done that for countless other hikers. Thanks Ron.
    thanks for your patronage.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Walker View Post
    FYI - the Holiday Inn Express no longer has "Hiker Rates" - it's $79 for a room for two people.
    Spirit Walker I have the best motel rates in Hiawassee for hikers I am also open now.My phones will be working Fri.I am going to take one of my buses there to do a return at 9am to Unicoi and Dicks creek trail heads.If you need shuttles any other time 1-706-653-7417 and there will be a $10 charge to come in or go back at other times.I will be traveling and working in Franklin too.I have other people to run anytime shuttles in Franklin and I will be doing the in town shuttle myself in Franklin.

Watch out that the feds don't bust you for being a "monopoly", Ron .
    I should be down that way in, oh, 3 years or so.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Watch out that the feds don't bust you for being a "monopoly", Ron .
    I should be down that way in, oh, 3 years or so.
    After what my accountant told me I owed today,I think they will love me.Come on down when you can.Watch them family hotdogs in R.I. Haven's Hotdogs

Cerveza - AT 2010; PCT 2011 StormBird's Avatar

Good to hear that you are open. We were planning to stay there on our way through on april 5th but heard that it had closed and changed our plans. But now that we know it back open, we'll be by for sure.

very good news to read. congrats Ron.

I am planning to be in that area approximately the 3rd week of April. Hope to stay there and see you then.
    Trillium

Default Drive Time..

Congrats Ron! How long is the drive time between Hiawassee and your Budget Inn location in Franklin? Just curious..

Quote Originally Posted by Jack - Straw View Post
    Congrats Ron! How long is the drive time between Hiawassee and your Budget Inn location in Franklin? Just curious..
    about 50 minutes

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Haven View Post
    The more I think about it.That is a good Idea for people in Hiawassee who will be my guest in Franklin too,for me to carry mail drops from Hia to Fra because I will be traveling back and forth each day.
    That's a truly thoughtful and kind offer. Thanks, Ron.--Kinnickinic
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

you should make some Haven Shirts with your campaign slogan for folks to wear.

Thatd be awesome.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lion King View Post
    you should make some Haven Shirts with your campaign slogan for folks to wear.Thatd be awesome.
    That might get me a few votes

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    about 50 minutes
    That's about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillium View Post
    very good news to read. congrats Ron.thanks

I am planning to be in that area approximately the 3rd week of April. Hope to stay there and see you then.
    Will be our pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Walker View Post
    I have dropped the rates at the Hiawassee Inn.No one has gave me any crap in Hiawassee but I don't see it or Helen,Ga as a hiker friendly town.That is about to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoke View Post
    Outstanding....Life on the AT just got better...have enjoyed your services in Franklin...just sorry I have already passed Hiawassee....looking forward to using your services again in a month or so as I work my way towards NOC....thanks....cheers.
    when you pass again you can stop by.

Quote Originally Posted by toenail View Post
    Thanks Toenail,We try to treat hikers like family.

Last week I had the pleasure of staying at the Hiawassee Inn. Ron offered a very clean room, allowed me to do my laundry, and provided a shuttle back to the trail for a very reasonable rate. Ron himself checked me in and shared plans to make the facility even more hiker friendly next year (laundry room, computer access, and stocking basic hiker supplies).

I highly recommend the Hiawassee Inn to other hikers moving through the area!

Springer to Atkins, VA

On my slow trek north I have already passed Hiawassee...but have Franklin in my sights in a couple of weeks....already made reservations at Haven's Budget Inn and shuttle reservations with Mr. Havens....Deep Gap to NOC. Looking forward to my next adventure! cheers all..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++