WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default matthewski's hope

there now exists as of this post a 1 in 7 hundred million chance that a thru hike can happen. it would be the single greatest attempt of my many. the trail aint got nothin on me. my son is 20 and my life is in order. all i need is the fiducherary fidus.mula. gabish?i may be able if i work 10 hour days as i did today for the first time in a while. my cuttoff for northbounding is may 15th. ive started that late before. its lonely and the trail is wooped and you dont get scratches cause the brambles all trampled. and i will go southbounding if i can after that date. in any event, im on a mission. i will need to sell alot of art . i will use the sunny warm days to sit on rittenhouse square and the nights to pray. wish me luck?its my 5th attempt. never got past mile 1340, vernon new jersy. and dont ask. i never start where i left off. its every mile from the parking lot at amacalola visitor center or bust
    matthewski

jnanagardener

Reading your post makes me want to take Spring Break and not come back for the rest of the school year! If not me, better you...where can I see some of your art? Anything to help with your mission.

I hope you do it! Best of luck to you!

Selling your art would be a good thing. Selling art to Uncle Sam would be even better.

Best of luck realizing your dream!
    Roland

yessy.com search matthew weinstone. any art on that site sold here will be split fairly with whiteblaze after a deduction for members. and m,y studio is open to all with 5000 pictures and 25 years of my single minded bible illustrations. so if you hate bible art, dont look.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    there now exists as of this post a 1 in 7 hundred million chance that a thru hike can happen.
    Well I think if you get out there and see clouds forming overhead you better run for cover. Seriousely, best of luck to you

just go walk till it ain't happenin' for ya. thru-hikin' mentality is TOO stressful. seriously

Images

Here's a thought. You might want to check P. Graham Dunn at
    www.pgrahamdunn.com.

They sell religious carvings and artwork and are currently looking for artist's submissions to sell. Don't know what kind of a cut they would take but it might allow you to sell a lot of art very quickly. Happy Trails.
    "The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer"

Are ya sure you really want to put Winton and the gang thru that again....

Nobody's gonna think less if you pick up at mile marker 1339 and finish up this year. What you've done so far is pretty darn good by most standards...you only have about 833 miles (give or take a few) to claim that prize...

Better yet, why not start north to south and when you get to Vernon, if you still feel like walking to GA, keep on walking...if not, then your done and you've completed your thru...nobody's gonna ever take that away from you...

Best o' luck ....

Quote Originally Posted by BitBucket View Post
    Are ya sure you really want to put Winton and the gang thru that again....

Nobody's gonna think less if you pick up at mile marker 1339 and finish up this year. What you've done so far is pretty darn good by most standards...you only have about 833 miles (give or take a few) to claim that prize...

Better yet, why not start north to south and when you get to Vernon, if you still feel like walking to GA, keep on walking...if not, then your done and you've completed your thru...nobody's gonna ever take that away from you...

Best o' luck ....
    Good thoughts here - take them to heart Matty.

Matty if you can get down here I'll shuttle you up to Springer free.
    The trail is ever winding and the party moves every night.

good luck matty,just have fun!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    there now exists as of this post a 1 in 7 hundred million chance that a thru hike can happen
    That's about the same odds I have.

Panzer

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BitBucket View Post
    Nobody's gonna think less if you pick up at mile marker 1339 and finish up this year.
    No, he'll never start a hike in the middle of the trail. Its just not right.

Panzer

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cool AT Breeze View Post
    Matty if you can get down here I'll shuttle you up to Springer free.
    That ought to be an interesting trip (and I use the word trip intentionally).
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

thanks coolbreeze and storm and all. today i work from 9 to 7 and all the whilst thinking of trail. not fancy trail like clingmans or newfoundland gap. common regular turns in the good ol trail where i can rest my eyes on lonely green and lay down to cowboy with the earth.
    matthewski

Images

If I see you in the south this summer, I'll cook you up a coupla lbs of bacon.
    I'm not really a hiker, I just play one on White Blaze.

Images

Default Sobo?

Matty, if you decide go Southbound I will shuttle you from Boston or Portland to Baxter free. I you need to do is take the train to either of those places.

Non illegitmus carborundum my friend.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Not everyone has film.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hillwalker View Post
    Matty, if you decide go Southbound I will shuttle you from Boston or Portland to Baxter free. I you need to do is take the train to either of those places.

Non illegitmus carborundum my friend.
    Heck for that matter just get to NYC take the metro and I'll get you up to Portland or Portsmouth. I would consider it a fair trade for things you have done for me. I would offer to come get you from Philly but that may have to include a visit with the in-laws so that may be pushing it a bit just kidding.
    Often Accused, Often Guilty but Seldom Guilty of What I am Accused.

thank you all so frikkin much. i hate you for being so nice to me. im dirt. spit on me and walk on. but offer love and stuff? dont know what all thats about. ill take all the rides and love and then when your not lookin feed you bacon pancakes with blueberries cooked on my pot that i washed my ball in.love you that much.squatch,.....you especially. we got lots of hangin to do. and hillwalker , i only pack booze anymore. quit over a week ago!
    matthewski

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++