WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe64 View Post
    "Educated" liberal Yankees in their 20s with chips on their shoulders -- the most annoying sort of individual. They think they know more than everyone, especially anyone they think is not educated or have "thick accents." I bet they have enjoyed a few evenings having a few good laughs at the Georgia Crackers they have met along the way. Even reading their bios made me want to puke.
    I take offense! I'm an educated liberal yankee (college grad, liberal minded and from new york) and I'm not like this annoying chick!

Captain Fantastic's sidekick soad's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Darwin again View Post
    Every group of people has its share of jerks.
    Even uneducated conservative Confederates in their 20s with chips on their shoulders.
    Put down that broad brush, dude.

+1

Well said
    “Back in the day, when the emperor or the king or whatever waged war, they went to war, too. But that's been lost in time.” DM

Images

God has given me one more reason to grow in being "longsuffering"!!!

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Journal Entries
    Images

They have two zero days planned in the whole hike??? Come on, we know someone could do it, but why?

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

There's always a risk to judging people before you get to know them, and even someone's own written words can be misinterpreted. The obvious perception is that we may all be correct that she doesn't know what she's doing (along with many other wannabe thru-hikers), and blogging about it this way certainly doesn't help change that perception, but until someone has the opportunity to get to know her and then post, why bother with opinions? Besides, if she keeps at it, I'll bet that she will be a different person and a better prepared backpacker when she finishes; and if not, then let's bash the educational institutions that awarded her a degree!

Of course, I just added my opinion, but it's a little different than piling on. Next!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    we may all be correct that she doesn't know what she's doing (along with many other wannabe thru-hikers), and blogging about it this way
    She knows how to obtain a shelter..does she know how reputations are made?
    The trail was here before we arrived, and it will still be here when we are gone...enjoy it now, and preserve it for others that come after us

Ah, the entertainment of whiteblaze.
    4 pages while i was sleeping on someone's thoughts during their thru-hike.

Sounds like she is having a good time.
    Many of you probably wish you were too.

Why not let her hike her own hike.
    She's spending her spring hiking on her dream trail.
    You all are spending your's complaining about her.
    Go figure!
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

women are treated great on our trail. and all tents get shared when needed. for whatever the reason be. when folks hike, they act their best. only those few who hike once and never again act differently. the espri de corps is strong and well enjoied by all in my exsperience. yes their are the horrorable ones. but they are rare. their are no women and men hikers. only fellow souls.
    matthewski

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    their are no women and men hikers. only fellow souls.

i like that...nice...
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

What happens when you put a lawyer, an ivy grad, and a city chick on the AT?

Not all that much.

Images

Her own mother just posted to her blog asking what happened to the tent Mom bought her...

Images

Why don't young nubile females ever invite themselves into strange hammocks! we deserve equal rights!
    Often Accused, Often Guilty but Seldom Guilty of What I am Accused.

Images

So, she left her two companions to sleep in the mud while flirted her way into some guy's tent?

contraversy makes you popular. whom among us hasnt lied as a teen hiker and said we were thruin or stole food? forget that. what im thinking is this is a young hiker with a imagination who actually is haveing a splendid time but is from some sort to weird place where you cause drama to live. who knows. theirs a mentil illness afot maby. maby not.never doubt these folks,

people screeming fire, flood, rape, or help.
    matthewski

Images

women are treated great on our trail. and all tents get shared when needed. for whatever the reason be. when folks hike, they act their best. only those few who hike once and never again act differently. the espri de corps is strong and well enjoied by all in my exsperience. yes their are the horrorable ones. but they are rare. their are no women and men hikers. only fellow souls.
    This

Images

contraversy makes you popular. whom among us hasnt lied as a teen hiker and said we were thruin or stole food? forget that. what im thinking is this is a young hiker with a imagination who actually is haveing a splendid time but is from some sort to weird place where you cause drama to live. who knows. theirs a mentil illness afot maby. maby not.never doubt these folks,

people screeming fire, flood, rape, or help.
    ima thinking yes maby that happens alot yes and those ar harmless but in this case ima thinking is just a spolit rotten self entitled littl biatch that thinks she is that bombe hotte shiat and is totally bad newz

Images

It sounds like these kids are having a tough start. They got rained on non-stop. They're carrying 3-liters of water. Their packs weigh 40 lbs. That's hard without a tent. Must have too much food. Probably a contractual obligation due to the Mountain House sponsorship.

Funny that the lawyer girl, seemingly talking about the same situation (the mud 'n' mouse shelter) makes no mention of anybody getting in any tents.

Also, the feminist's mom left a comment asking what she did with the tent she bought.

I think the trail is going to have a salutary effect on these youngsters. Hopefully they'll stick with it and provide many more interesting blog entries. And get some freakin' tents.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyboy View Post
    I would have handed her a tarp and said "Have fun".
    I'd have thrown a brick at her.
    "I too am not a bit untamed, I too am untranslatable,
    I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world." - W. W.

obligatory website link

Images

Anyone claiming to be "independent" does not need to prove a single thing to anyone. In fact, she seems to be the exact opposite. Emotionally dependent, because she feels a need to prove something to other people, and then physically dependent, having to get people to take care of her @$$ because she was too naive to prepare at all.

The part about blowing $200 on boots that I'm assuming she knew absolutely nothing about made me smile. People like this need to be punished in some way or another, rather it being sleeping under a shelter in the mud, or indiscriminately blowing money on gear they haven't bothered to research.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."

-Bob Dylan

Images

Don't see how i missed there blog, thought I had been reading them all.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
++ New Posts ++