WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43

Even though I was back of the pack, I still consider it a 2011 hike

trail name: Reboot
    direction: SOBO
    start date: July 16, 2011
    approach trail: nope
    end date: January 5, 2012

This make me the first thru of 2012?
    Last edited by protargol; 01-18-2012 at 13:20. Reason: Originally said December 5, 2012
    Trailname: Reboot

You may want to reboot your calendar... Mine still shows eleven months to December 5th, 2012... Either that or I congratulate you on your great planning for this year...

Jason

I assume you meant January. Congratulations on finishing. I was on a flip/flop hike and finished up in Daleville, VA on 12-22. I was following you via the shelter journals and was rooting for you. Heading south that late, there were not a lot of folks to follow in the journals. I hit snow in Shenandoah. Did you get through the Smokies without snow?
    2011 Through Hike - May 2nd Springer to Daleville, VA <> August 11 Katahdin back to Daleville, VA on December 22nd.

http://www.trailjournals.com/abouttime

Quote Originally Posted by protargol View Post
    Even though I was back of the pack, I still consider it a 2011 hike

trail name: Reboot
    direction: SOBO
    start date: July 16, 2011
    approach trail: nope
    end date: December 5, 2012

This make me the first thru of 2012?
    I assume you meant January. Congratulations on finishing. I was on a flip/flop hike and finished up in Daleville, VA on 12-22. I was following you via the shelter journals and was rooting for you. Heading south that late, there were not a lot of folks to follow in the journals. I hit snow in Shenandoah. Did you get through the Smokies without snow?
    2011 Through Hike - May 2nd Springer to Daleville, VA <> August 11 Katahdin back to Daleville, VA on December 22nd.

http://www.trailjournals.com/abouttime

Trail Name:Turtle Feet
    Direction: NOBO
    Approach Trail: No
    Start Date: March 13, 2011
    End Date: October 7, 2011

Miss the trail every day - met amazing people, made life-long friends. Peace & Love to All!
    www.postholer.com/Turtle Feet
    Follow me as I crawl the A.T.
    Life is an adventure or nothing at all ~ Hellen Keller

Awesome, I felt like many times I was writing to nobody at all, so I'm glad someone was able to enjoy it. I never caught up to anyone else but Lt. Daaan, Ripple, and Sabi. I got snow in all sorts of spots including the Smokies. In the end, I saw snow on the ground in 8 out of the 14 states. It was never too bad though. Congrats on your finish as well and I'm glad my register entries weren't just for the mice.
    Trailname: Reboot

Started March 23
    Summited Katahdin Oct 7
    Trailname: Hot Drinks
    What a fantastic experience, I miss it.

trail name: Torch
    direction: NOBO
    start date: April 04, 2011
    approach trail: why?
    end date: October 15th, 2011

Havent been on whiteblaze since April last year when I spent 2+ hours everyday for 5 months learning any and everything about the AT. With the nice weather lately, memories of last years hike have been popping in and out of my head. Looking at some of the recent names on this list (Turtle Feet and Hot Drinks) reminds me of all the wonderful people I met during my hike, far and away the best part of the thru hiking experience.

Summiting Katahdin was a great experience but at the time I was glad that my hike was at an end. After six plus months on the trail my body and mind were exhausted and ready for some rest. I was so ready to be off the trail I never even updated my last daily blog I kept on Postholer (User name: Drag Ass). With another hiking season about to begin I feel the inner thru hiker wanting to hit the trail once again. After swearing never to think about attempting another long hike I feel the burning desire starting to set in once again. Maybe not this year but me thinks at some point I will be back sloggin through the mud (Vermont), Mosquitos (Virginia), and Magic (Everywhere).

For the 2013 hikers, enjoy every moment of trail, the good, the bad, and the unforgettable. Im already Jealous, maybe time for a weekend section. Afterall, my pack is still sitting in the corner of my room just as I left it after the last day on the trail...

I cannot wait to hit the trail again even though I was pretty beat up last year. 2011 was everything a hiker could expect and we experienced every kind of trail adventure on our journey north. Heading for Dahlonega at the end of the month after I get a few shots in my left knee. Looks like this year will be a bit slower. My knee has slowed me down and I will give the injury a strong workout once I get to north Georgia. Can't wait to see a lot of the class of 2011 at Trail Days because thoes folks took all the trail had to offer and kept on heading north. Life is good on the trail..........................swamp dawg

Hi Speakeasy, hope life is treating you well. Roo & Tas

And we didn't complete the trail. Injury forced us back to Australia. Sooooo disappointed. I will be coming back on my own in 2017 to give it my everything!!!! And our trailnames ended up as Walkabout Roo and Tas.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43
++ New Posts ++