WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Appalachian Tater View Post
    You're disappointed in Henry Shires for improving his products? Doesn't even make sense.
    REad my posts dude. Im disappointed that I bought the tent right before he revised it. he could have let me know "hey, Im revising the tent to make it better, wait a bit and get the newer version"

Quote Originally Posted by Praha4 View Post
    Chaco

I always find your posts on WB interesting and helpful, ignore any personal criticisms, not worth responding.

I would like to know which TT model you are unsatisified with the on the quality issue. There is a difference between "quality" and "design" when you say you want to return it. You said you weren't happy with the "quality". which TT model was this?
    Thanks

Its the double rainbow. I seam sealed it and took it out. I was in some pretty bad weather for a few days and the condensation was really bad to the point that the inside of the tent got wet. Never had that issue with any tent besides the single wall tents.

Seriously you guys, piss off for jumping on my back just because I have a problem with something someone sold me. People do make mistakes you know. No one is perfect. I have contacted HS and Im sure it will work itself out. i wish he would have told me that he was revising the tent. Im not using it as an excuse because the revisions are some of the exact problems I had with the tent. The sleeve that the pole is fed through is a pain when it is wet. Now its a different fabric that makes it easier to get the pole in and out. The front end now has the floor attachment that keeps splashing and wind from blowing water into the tent.

Some of you guys really need to get a life for jumping on me about disagreeing with you on a friggin tent. I just came here and gave my opinion about something and I get lynched. Im hoping to get a new revised tent and try it out to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    REad my posts dude. Im disappointed that I bought the tent right before he revised it. he could have let me know "hey, Im revising the tent to make it better, wait a bit and get the newer version"
    Just now reading this. Chaco Taco sent me an email last night and I responded.

As for "he could have let me know", I do let people know about new product plans when they ask AND when I have definite information. In the case of the 2010 DR, when he ordered Jan 7 (and we shipped Jan 7), the new model was neither finalized nor was it in production nor did I know when it would ship nor did he ask. As it turned out, it went into production Feb 15 and started shipping March 10. Am I supposed to respond to every generic order with detailed product plans extending months out into the future? How would this work and what should be the proper cut off date?

-H

Quote Originally Posted by Chaco Taco View Post
    Nice if this works for outdoor gear. Not the case for electronics, especially computers.

Quote Originally Posted by hshires View Post

As for "he could have let me know", I do let people know about new product plans when they ask AND when I have definite information. In the case of the 2010 DR, when he ordered Jan 7 (and we shipped Jan 7), the new model was neither finalized nor was it in production nor did I know when it would ship nor did he ask. As it turned out, it went into production Feb 15 and started shipping March 10. Am I supposed to respond to every generic order with detailed product plans extending months out into the future? How would this work and what should be the proper cut off date?

-H
    I understand Henry, I just thought I fell under the 90 day thing. Just forget it. Ill keep the tent and just take it as a loss

Send it back, we'll refund you.

-H

Send it back, we'll refund you.

-H
    So we are emailing and posting here. Anyway, I emailed you and we can continue through there.

It is simply our culture of capitalism. It's not bad.

You bought tent A, he got money to revise it and did, He built and sold tent B. Now you want tent B.

Capatalism was designed years ago and many people have fought and died for it ( woah, cliche!). It keeps the money moving.

Guess what, tent B wont be the tent to end all tents, he will probably revise it. And guess what, when he does tent B will plumment in value. A lot of us have experience in the automobile market, we know the drill. Although one could argues the automoblie industry and it planned obsolensence is "bad"( for the purpose of time here). But something tells me that Henry Shires does not extensivley revise all his products every year and does not follow the philosophy of planned obsolesence.

And now I leave you with lyrics from a popular rock bands song:

the big three killed my baby
    no money in my hand again
    nobodys coming home again

their ideas make me wanna spit
    a hundred dollars goes down the pit
    thirty-thousand wheels a rollin
    and my stick shift hands are swollen
    everything involved is shady
    the big three killed my baby yeah yeah yeah

nobodys comin home again

why dont cha take the day off and try to repair
    a billion others don't seem to care
    better ideas are stuck in the mud
    the motor's runnin on tucker's blood
    dont let 'em tell you the future's electric
    cuz gasoline not measured in metric
    thirty-thousand wheels a spinnin
    and oil company faces are grinnin
    and now my hand are turnin red
    and i found out my baby is dead yeah yeah yeah

nobody's comin home again

well i've said it now
    nothings changed
    people are burnin for pocket change
    and creative minds are lazy
    and the big three killed my baby yeah yeah yeah
    and my baby's my common sense
    so dont feed me planned obsolescence

yeah im about to have another blow up

Henry Shires accepts returns?!

COMMIE!!!

Images

-H
    All good questions Henry.
    Won't go without my Therm-A-Rest

Totally out of line

Quote Originally Posted by Lerenke View Post
    It is simply our culture of capitalism. It's not bad.

You bought tent A, he got money to revise it and did, He built and sold tent B. Now you want tent B.

Capatalism was designed years ago and many people have fought and died for it ( woah, cliche!). It keeps the money moving.

Guess what, tent B wont be the tent to end all tents, he will probably revise it. And guess what, when he does tent B will plumment in value. A lot of us have experience in the automobile market, we know the drill. Although one could argues the automoblie industry and it planned obsolensence is "bad"( for the purpose of time here). But something tells me that Henry Shires does not extensivley revise all his products every year and does not follow the philosophy of planned obsolesence.

And now I leave you with lyrics from a popular rock bands song:

nobodys coming home again

their ideas make me wanna spit
    a hundred dollars goes down the pit
    thirty-thousand wheels a rollin
    and my stick shift hands are swollen
    everything involved is shady
    the big three killed my baby yeah yeah yeah

nobodys comin home again

why dont cha take the day off and try to repair
    a billion others don't seem to care
    better ideas are stuck in the mud
    the motor's runnin on tucker's blood
    dont let 'em tell you the future's electric
    cuz gasoline not measured in metric
    thirty-thousand wheels a spinnin
    and oil company faces are grinnin
    and now my hand are turnin red
    and i found out my baby is dead yeah yeah yeah

nobody's comin home again

well i've said it now
    nothings changed
    people are burnin for pocket change
    and creative minds are lazy
    and the big three killed my baby yeah yeah yeah
    so dont feed me planned obsolescence

yeah im about to have another blow up

Quote Originally Posted by LimpsAlong View Post
    All good questions Henry.
    Yes and we have discussed the issue via email and it has been resolved. Sorry to upset you disciples of HS and if I upset Henry as well, Im sorry. I spent, what is alot of money to me, on a tent and was not satisfied. If that upsets some of you, Im sorry but it really isnt fair to judge me and insult me. To those of you that had my back, thank you. Again, Henry I appreciate what you are doing for me. This is a forum for seeking advice on things related to backpacking and gear, and I did just that. If I upset you or insulted you by not liking your product, I apologize, that was not my intention.

'Some of you seriously need to get out from behind the computer and actually hike. Im learning more and more that alot of you have no idea what you are talking about and probably never get outdoors.

Chaco Taco, for future reference, it's just better to "go private" when dealing with a product issue. You avoid all of this public display and get right to the person that can actually fix the problem. If you don't get the issue resolved privately, then go public.

-H

Chaco Taco, for future reference, it's just better to "go private" when dealing with a product issue. You avoid all of this public display and get right to the person that can actually fix the problem. If you don't get the issue resolved privately, then go public.

-H
    Thank you Henry, ill remember that in the future and Ill expressed that in my PM to you. I didnt realize you were on this forum and was seeking, what I thought was advice from "hikers".

Either way, thank you for your attention to this!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++